Home

What, exactly, does All Madden do? Has the community any good theories?

This is a discussion on What, exactly, does All Madden do? Has the community any good theories? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
What, exactly, does All Madden do? Has the community any good theories?

All Pro is too easy and All Madden doesn’t look like real NFL football. This is a long standing problem. We sim community members who play against the CPU in CFM want to find a way to use sliders and ratings to remedy this. But in order to do so, we have to know what exactly the All Madden difficultly setting does.

Anyone who has researched this is welcomed to chime in. What have you discovered regarding this? What tests have you run? Anything and everything you have is welcomed.

At this point I have found a decent slider set, but I still see too many instances of the Richard Shermans of the league being utterly owned in press situations by vastly inferior wrs with release and route running ratings in the 70s. How could this ever happen in real life? OBJ beating Sherman consistently? Sure. Kendrick Bourne? Not so much. Yet in All Madden we see this.

So what parameters are altered? Are some of these things inaccessible to users in terms of adjustments we can make?

Thanks for your hard work in testing these things, and thanks for your insight.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

Re: What, exactly, does All Madden do? Has the community any good theories?

I'm not sure what the difference between the two slider sets, but you can partially fix the press problem in this game. By raising the speed threshold you can negate the difference caused by speed wrs running past the CBS. Breaking off press causes the WRs to be wide open if there is no safety help over the top, so by lowering the speed threshold you can make sure Sherman is fast enough to get to the ball and make a play. That and lowering to slow game speed helps.
Bucks
Old 04-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
All Pro is too easy and All Madden doesn’t look like real NFL football. This is a long standing problem. We sim community members who play against the CPU in CFM want to find a way to use sliders and ratings to remedy this. But in order to do so, we have to know what exactly the All Madden difficultly setting does.
My input is based on M17. First off, being a sim player vs cpu, I feel your pain. Having said that, working off the premise that "we have to know what exactly the All Madden difficultly setting does" might not be necessary. After all, your goal appears to have the game play reflective of player ratings, yet feel like the game is pushing and challenging you, as would an experienced human player right? All I can do is cite examples regarding the steps I've taken to achieve this. Sliders, progression and traits need all be taken into account.

First off, I adjusted the sliders. However, unlike most folks do, I defeat my user-sliders only on an even-keeled basis, while leaving the cpu's settings at default 50. The reason? To avoid unstable gameplay.

There are some outstanding player progression sliders on the slider section of these forums. While I didn't use them, I keep a watchful eye on mainly the QB's, to make sure completion percentages don't get out of hand. I hold myself to the same standard regarding my user QB.

Traits are also a big deal. There are folks who swear that EA invokes a "comeback AI". While I personally don't believe this to be true, I do firmly believe that the "clutch trait" is very important and may contribute to some people feeling this way, especially at the end of games as well as with post season play.

In closing, the biggest problem I had with All Pro on M17 was that the CPU simply didn't attack enough offensively. Since I tuned the game, if I don't switch up my coverages, change how I leverage my defensive backs, etc I will get my butt handed to me. The dice roll programming concerning the frequency of blocked kicks, an occasional play that feels scripted, etc I have not found a way to tune. Sliders work differently now where as you can't truly organically customize your settings, like you could in past generation editions.

Tuning takes a tremendous amount of patience, especially when playing a current year game and being subjected to patches that affect game difficulty. That was one of the main reasons I stuck with M17 for another year. However, with patience and perseverance, it can be done.

Last edited by edgevoice; 04-11-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
My input is based on M17. First off, being a sim player vs cpu, I feel your pain. Having said that, working off the premise that "we have to know what exactly the All Madden difficultly setting does" might not be necessary. After all, your goal appears to have the game play reflective of player ratings, yet feel like the game is pushing and challenging you, as would an experienced human player right? All I can do is site examples regarding the steps I've taken to achieve this. Sliders, progression and traits need all be taken into account.

First off, I adjusted the sliders. However, unlike most folks do, I defeat my user-sliders only on an even-keeled basis, while leaving the cpu's settings at default 50. The reason? To avoid unstable gameplay.

There are some outstanding player progression sliders on the slider section of these forums. While I didn't use them, I keep a watchful eye on mainly the QB's, to make sure completion percentages don't get out of hand. I hold myself to the same standard regarding my user QB.

Traits are also a big deal. There are folks who swear that EA invokes a "comeback AI". While I personally don't believe this to be true, I do firmly believe that the "clutch trait" is very important and may contribute to some people feeling this way, especially at the end of games as well as with post season play.

In closing, the biggest problem I had with All Pro on M17 was that the CPU simply didn't attack enough offensively. Since I tuned the game, if I don't switch up my coverages, change how I leverage my defensive backs, etc I will get my butt handed to me. The dice roll programming concerning the frequency of blocked kicks, an occasional play that feels scripted, etc I have not found a way to tune. Sliders work differently now where as you can't truly organically customize your settings, like you could in past generation editions.

Tuning takes a tremendous amount of patience, especially when playing a current year game and being subjected to patches that affect game difficulty. That was one of the main reasons I stuck with M17 for another year. However, with patience and perseverance, it can be done.
Basically, if I have an above average secondary, I want Tom Brady to carve it up, and I want Nate Peterman to be shut down by it. Sadly, both carve it up on All Madden.

But if I play on All Pro, Tom Brady Shmom Brady. He gets owned by me. All qbs get owned by me.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 04-11-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Agreed. All-pro is too easy. All Madden isn't fun. Why can't we have a level where the players play to their ratings? If I play as a bad team, it should be hard to win games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »