Home

How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

This is a discussion on How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 07:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't play online head-to-head outside of my franchise so maybe the Madden online user general population is just really bad at the mental chess match portion of the game by-and-large, but the premise of your post - that Madden is so heavily scripted that the user should avoid playing the game to win - is very obviously false.
Unfortunately, it's not false. Primarily because of what you just stated. The general ONLINE population is, for the most part, exactly as you state above. If you'll note, I also stated you will win ALMOST every time. There are times where you'll still lose. And I believe it would be, for the most part, because of somebody who can read the defensive scheme.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
That sounds like a challenge, Apollo! Why don't you and Hooe play a game to see who's right?
That's not a bad idea! CM Hooe, let's play a game. You can play your way, and I'll play with the method listed above. I'll broadcast the game, live. And I'll put a link here for everyone to watch.

That is, if you have a PS4. Sorry, don't have an Xbox One.

I'm off work today, and can play today, up to 7pm est tonight.

Please message me here with your PS4 name, and we can set up a game!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
That's not a bad idea! CM Hooe, let's play a game. You can play your way, and I'll play with the method listed above. I'll broadcast the game, live. And I'll put a link here for everyone to watch.

Just like the ancient martial arts competitions where one person represented one can/style and the other represented another. Please do this!

My money is on CM, if he actually knows how to read a defense like he claims (and since he plays in a competitive online league, I suspect he does).

Another test would be to see what happens when two players play this way.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Just played another online game. Won 6-0 in overtime. See youtube link below (still processing at the time of this posting.)

https://youtu.be/dk7ZxXFCgW0

I had the Seahawks, opponent had the Saints. Funny thing is, be BOTH selected old time uniforms! What are the odds!

Go to the very end of the 4th quarter, 0-0 tie. Opponent throws a pic. I run out clock. Then we both have a possession in overtime (he wins the toss and elects to KICK because my offense isn't doing well) and I have a small drive, then punt. He goes 4 and out (goes for it on 4th down) leaving me with great field position. I run the ball in, game over.

Note that during the game, I had a pick that put me in great field position in the first half (I got sacked on 3rd down, putting me out of field goal position) and he went for it on 4th down around midfield, and didn't get it. I got into his territory, but shanked a field goal. There were two scoring opportunities that he, and my CPU defense gave me, and I couldn't score. Yet I STILL won. And in a shutout against Drew Brees.

Last edited by apollo1980; 04-09-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
That sounds like a challenge, Apollo! Why don't you and Hooe play a game to see who's right?
I'm honestly not sure what part of "I don't play online head-to-head outside of my franchise" was unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980

I'm not off work today, I live on the west coast, and like I said I don't play online head-to-head outside of my franchise. I'm also not particularly interested in playing a game with this backdrop, sorry.

If this forum population is as interested in "sim" gameplay as they claim, however, then I'm sure you will find plenty of other people on this website who know how to read a defense in Madden, though. That is not some special skill unique to me, haha.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I said I don't play online head-to-head outside of my franchise. I'm also not particularly interested in playing a game with this backdrop, sorry.
Fine. I'll play anyone else. Who's up for a game, playing straight up on your end, and me playing you with the technique in this thread? MSG me, and note your Madden nickname. We can meet online, and stream the game on youtube.

OR, will TWO volunteers agree to play this way, and post a youtube video? It doesn't have to be me. Actually, it would be refreshing to see two other people play this way.

Quote:
If this forum population is as interested in "sim" gameplay as they claim, however, then I'm sure you will find plenty of other people on this website who know how to read a defense in Madden, though. That is not some special skill unique to me, haha.
No need to poke fun, here. People in this forum can play how they want. We all bought the game. We can play it how we want.

Also, no need to be arrogant about playing defense, and how it's "not some special skill unique to me, haha." Wow. Too bad there's no way to prove this, since you don't play online. I do. And I've shown I don't need skill on defense. Heck, even on offense. This method usually works.

So you play your way (just don't be arrogant about it in the forum), and the rest of us will play our way.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #15
Banned

Tell me how well this works in MUT, where there are people actually good at the game playing, where you can't, "Pick a team to use online that has one of the better defenses."

I'm also confused about what the OP means by scripting, as nothing in his strategy implies that there is a script to the games.

Regardless, Online H2H is dead outside of MUT. It's certainly not competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Also noted one of the games with the 100yd TD int, most of the plays before the half, except the last two, you were playing as a NB or CB on a WR. The last two plays you switched to one of the DL.

Just an observation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »