Home

How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

This is a discussion on How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Also noted one of the games with the 100yd TD int, most of the plays before the half, except the last two, you were playing as a NB or CB on a WR. The last two plays you switched to one of the DL. So, if you go back to that sequence of plays, you'll see I caught I wasn't controlling someone on the line, and I moved back to 'controlling' a defensive lineman.

Just an observation.
If I was a WR, I threw it to myself. On defense, sometimes I've noticed that when a Suggested Play is chosen by defalut, it's a different formation, and the player "You" are is no longer on the defensive line. If I'm a CB, was I just standing there, doing nothing? I've walked away from the game, and come back, to see things like that. When I realize I'm not "controlling" a player on the defensive line, I move the "control" there, and let whatever happens, happen.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Tell me how well this works in MUT, where there are people actually good at the game playing, where you can't, "Pick a team to use online that has one of the better defenses."

I'm also confused about what the OP means by scripting, as nothing in his strategy implies that there is a script to the games.

Regardless, Online H2H is dead outside of MUT. It's certainly not competitive.
I have no idea about MUT. Sorry, can't answer that. But if the teams are remotely even, I'll betcha it works. But, again, I don't know that.

When it comes to scripting... the game has a history of letting certain things happen, or not happen, to keep the game close. Sometimes, it's rediculous.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #19
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
No need to poke fun, here. People in this forum can play how they want. We all bought the game. We can play it how we want.

Also, no need to be arrogant about playing defense, and how it's "not some special skill unique to me, haha." Wow. Too bad there's no way to prove this, since you don't play online. I do. And I've shown I don't need skill on defense. Heck, even on offense. This method usually works.

So you play your way (just don't be arrogant about it in the forum), and the rest of us will play our way.
I'm not objecting to you playing the game however you want. You do you. I also won't begin to claim to being a better Madden player than anyone; I'm good at pre-snap stuff but my stick skills are pretty mediocre these days. I don't really care about being better or worse than anyone, to be honest; I enjoy playing the tactical chess match.

What I am objecting to, however, is the justification of your strategy, that the optimal way to play the game is to let the game play itself, that the game is scripted, etc. etc. It's just nonsense.

There is more on-field user control over the outcome in this year's Madden game than literally any other football game that has ever existed. The skill gap between a new user and an experienced user is obvious, and the skill gap between an experienced user and a hardcore competitive player is more obvious still. It's on you to use the tools available to you to succeed. Even in my limited experience playing in my online league with a dozen people of varying skill levels, those who master those controls and tactics of the game are obviously better at Madden than those who do not.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
those who master those controls and tactics of the game are obviously better at Madden than those who do not.
Not always true. I've been an inferior opponent, yet won because of scripted plays. And I've been a better opponent, and lost because, all of a sudden, everything that NEEDED to happen for my opponent...did.

I was just online playing as the Jaguars, and was playing the Steelers. I was recording the game. I was losing the game, but the opponent quit. Guess it was taking too long for the game to progress. No need to post a link to the youtube game, as it isn't complete. Otherwise, I'd post it here.

Another factor with some people...they are either impatient, or don't have the time to play a full game.

I was hanging blinds in the florida room while the game was going on, occasionally peaking to see how things were going.

I got a chore done in the house ... and I won a game. Granted, my opponent quit, but for those of you who hate losses...there's a way to a free win.

Last edited by apollo1980; 04-09-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Basically, sounds like a variation of coach mode online.

The only difference is playing vs a player vs cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Basically, sounds like a variation of coach mode online.

The only difference is playing vs a player vs cpu.
It very well may be just that. Regardless of what you call it, it could be an advantage, or a disadvantage, depending on who you are.

If you seem to be having problems playing defense against someone, "turn it over" to CPU, and it can save you.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:11 AM   #23
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
for those of you who hate losses...there's a way to a free win.

If you donít care about actually winning the game yourself, then whatís the point in wins?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
If you donít care about actually winning the game yourself, then whatís the point in wins?
Different people have different takes on things, and what they enjoy for competition.

I suppose an argument could be made about Madden this way, too ....

If you aren't rewarded somehow by EA (trophy, prize money, etc.,) then why play the game? Especially MUT? You grind it out and/or spend a bunch of money, making EA rich, you're stuck in a rut building up a team that, for the most part, can only be used for a year or so (online, especially) ...then, when your game becomes dated, and everyone is playing the newer version, you have to start all over, just to compete?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »