Home

How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

This is a discussion on How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i have a simpler way to beat your version of football online via Madden

i don't play online
Well, you can't win, or lose, if you don't play. So I'm not sure how you've beaten something you don't play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #42
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I understand using the clock to your advantage, and yes it is obviously done in real life; but this isn't real life; this is a game, and I will bet, 9 out of 10 people who burn the clock down to 1 second in an online game, are doing so to be obnoxious than actually attempting to be some clock managing wizard.

With that; the OP is right as far as picking defenses - can be just as good allowing the CPU make the call and sitting back as a DT and watching the game play out. BUT - you will not be truly competitive with this tactic - usering skills are required on defense else u will get torched hard by good players.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #43
Banned

And really, there is a chew clock function that eliminates the need to sit and wait for the clock to wind down when you are on offense. If you are chewing clock and not activating it, you are just a trollish douche bag.

And really, letting the clock count down on defense doesn't affective gameclock at all. You could just as easily select one of the three plays the CPU suggests and get the same effect. So, again, letting the clock wind down on defense if just a trollish douche move.

Getting wins because people quit shouldn't be aspirational. I have no idea why anyone would want to brag about playing that way on this site.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:51 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
And really, there is a chew clock function that eliminates the need to sit and wait for the clock to wind down when you are on offense. If you are chewing clock and not activating it, you are just a trollish douche bag.

And really, letting the clock count down on defense doesn't affective gameclock at all. You could just as easily select one of the three plays the CPU suggests and get the same effect. So, again, letting the clock wind down on defense if just a trollish douche move.

Getting wins because people quit shouldn't be aspirational. I have no idea why anyone would want to brag about playing that way on this site.
I think the entire point of this thread is lost on the "winning" part of it.

In the original post, I asked, "Why am I telling you this?" at the end.

It's because it shows how the game is scripted and pre-determined. I have already paid the money for the game, so I might as well do with it what i want.

I think the better complaint should be about the animations and how there is less and less skill involved with the game nowadays.

If you do a search on youtube, you'll find more videos about scripting plays, with actual examples, that should make you question your own skill at times.

Sure, skill is involved, but not always. The CPU sure likes to drive the game, one way or the other.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #45
Rookie

Not sure why some of you appear to be getting emotionally caught up in this. I watch you guys fall on swords all the time for this product (especially moderators), but this is different in the sense that people seem to feel some moral obligation to defend the righteousness of the game.

His emphasis was on "winning", essentially by any means necessary. In the OP he literally illustrates the strategy is trolling the opponent.

You don't have to like it. Just remember we're talking about a video game. When Y'all lose your collective **** he's essentially trolling you too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I see it work both ways, if you are throwing shade outside the thread topic , we've already been warned once.

Last edited by roadman; 04-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't see the appeal of not only not controlling your players on defense, but also not picking the play. The only reason I'd ever consider playing online would be to play a game where I have to try and out strategize my opponent. Winning at any cost just to get a win doesn't appeal to me
Old 04-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #48
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Well one things for sure...you like drinks and snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »