Home

How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

This is a discussion on How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
Well one things for sure...you like drinks and snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who doesn’t? Might as well have fun, and a few laughs, while playing a pre-determined and scripted game I’ve already paid for. Don’t see the problem with this.

Found a great example of scripting.

https://youtu.be/hErMiSXumoc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Not sure why some of you appear to be getting emotionally caught up in this. I watch you guys fall on swords all the time for this product (especially moderators), but this is different in the sense that people seem to feel some moral obligation to defend the righteousness of the game.

His emphasis was on "winning", essentially by any means necessary. In the OP he literally illustrates the strategy is trolling the opponent.

You don't have to like it. Just remember we're talking about a video game. When Y'all lose your collective **** he's essentially trolling you too.
Well, for one, he's wrong. You can't beat people who are trying to win that way.

Second, when his success is based on "trolling the opponent" I think it's a perfect time to step in and stay that this is behavior that isn't condoned by OS.

And three, what is wrong with people that like the game, and are enjoying it, from defending it from people who don't play the game, but are still taking shots at it 6 months after release. If you don't like that people are defending the game, then maybe don't post about it and read the forum. This is a pretty simple solution to avoiding what you don't like.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #51
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
This made me chuckle. I will say the advent of MUT has absolutely decimated the level of competition for H2H with regular teams. I lost a 3 point game last night to someone who was in the top 100, and if it weren't for a lucky pick on their part (Talib jumped a crossing route from his deep 1/3 zone) I very well could've won the game. I've never played that competitive of a game against someone so highly ranked in online H2H.
If he had Talib on his team he isn't a good player

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Well, for one, he's wrong. You can't beat people who are trying to win that way.
What? Why can't you?

Quote:

Second, when his success is based on "trolling the opponent" I think it's a perfect time to step in and stay that this is behavior that isn't condoned by OS.
I didn't know OS had legislative "power" (so to speak) over how individuals choose to play Madden 18. As he said, he payed for the product; He should be allowed to use the product as he chooses.

No where has he openly advocated cheating, modifying the software/hardware to gain an unethical advantage, or anything of the like. If anything, making derogatory statements towards another OS user like the example below would warrant consideration from staff here considering violations of the TOS.

Quote:
you are just a trollish douche bag.
Excerpt from OS TOS
Quote:
Flaming, Bashing, and Trolling
Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated on the Operation Sports boards. Treat others on these message boards as you would expect them to treat you. Talking trash about another user is a quick way to earn a banning, as is posting topics specifically to provoke a negative response (aka trolling).
He has been entirely civil with the user base throughout this hilarious discourse. Even though I joke that he is trolling, his interactions with the board within this thread are not evidence of actual trolling. He has said nothing nasty nor has he picked on any individual. For example, he certainly hasn't used what could be considered a misogynistic slur in an attempt incite anger.

Quote:

And three, what is wrong with people that like the game, and are enjoying it, from defending it from people who don't play the game, but are still taking shots at it 6 months after release. If you don't like that people are defending the game, then maybe don't post about it and read the forum. This is a pretty simple solution to avoiding what you don't like.
This is actually cute.

Why not consider your own statement (Bolded) and apply it to yourself?
Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 AM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This thread has run its course so I'm closing it.

Thunderhorse: going forward, please use the report post function and let the forum staff determine whether a poster's behavior is a TOS violation. Public call-outs are neither wanted nor helpful.

JayhawkerSTL: going forward, please be more thoughtful in your word choice.

Both of you: going forward, please consider placing each other on your respective ignore poster lists.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »