Home

Please add new QB animations

This is a discussion on Please add new QB animations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please add new QB animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
QB backdrop! QB backdrop! QB backdrop! QB backdrop!

please!
Yeah the drop back is god awful and way too fast. I also want release speed to matter for once.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

I think an overhaul of qb play would add so much to the game. I think we need something to make it feel fresh and different and this is probably the number one thing that could accomplish that. Even though it looks pretty, the game just feels very stale to me and I really think a lot of that goes back to qb play. I feel like the community has been asking for this for years so hopefully they spend some time on it.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:39 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I think an overhaul of qb play would add so much to the game. I think we need something to make it feel fresh and different and this is probably the number one thing that could accomplish that. Even though it looks pretty, the game just feels very stale to me and I really think a lot of that goes back to qb play. I feel like the community has been asking for this for years so hopefully they spend some time on it.
Some suggestions:

(1) First, change the drop back animation. Slow it down. It looks very unnatural.

(2) Second, make a trait to where a QB with the ability to throw off balance can make his throw before the drop back is complete without an accuracy penalty, while those who cannot would have a penalty. Maybe call it "Throw under pressure" or "Arm talent." An example of someone with the high version of that trait:

(here Jimmy G didn't get to finish his dropback + hitch, but he turned his body and threw an accurate pass anyway)

(Here a similar thing happened. He was flat footed an unable to step into the throw because his drop and hitch was interrupted)

QBs with the "Throw Under Pressure" trait, or something to that effect, would be able to have animations like this, while other QBs would be brought down for sacks or have sack fumbles if the user tried to pass in that situation.

(3) Third, alter how throwing power works. Yes, it should effect passing speed, but Nate Paterman isn't throwing an 80 yard bomb like Pat Mahomes is. If the WR is 45 yards down field and Peterman tries to throw it, I want to see a duck floating short of the target, with the WR and DB having to stop running forward and play rebound on the pass. With a weak armed QB, you should be forced to throw deep passes earlier, before the WR gets very far down field.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 12:43 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
QBs not doing a full baseball windup when there is a pass rusher right in their face would be nice.
I think this should be tied to a throw under pressure trait. See my post above. Not every QB can do that effectively, and the ones that can't are either turnover machines (J.T. O'Sullivan) or sack machines (Kaepernick, Gabbert)

Old 04-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I think this should be tied to a throw under pressure trait. See my post above. Not every QB can do that effectively, and the ones that can't are either turnover machines (J.T. O'Sullivan) or sack machines (Kaepernick, Gabbert)
If they implemented your notation, we would’ve come full circle right back to the Robo-throw-out-of-sack issue.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If they implemented your notation, we would’ve come full circle right back to the Robo-throw-out-of-sack issue.
I don't recall such a situation but I missed some of the old Maddens. But even so, it would only occur to people who are elite at this trait.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #15

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

My biggest issue with this game is QB animations. Outside of the play action animations they put in the game a couple years ago the QB animations need to be scrapped and completely redone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
Rookie

At a point now in my CFM where the QB and corresponding OL animations are a joke.

QB will drop back 10 steps on a pass play, O-line will form the pocket in front of him instead of around him so the edge rusher now has a clean shot at me.

Jailbreaks on pass plays within 2 seconds, only to see the previous play, the defense only sent 4 pass rushers.

O-linemen backing up into your QB forcing him to stumble around and eventually fall and take a friendly fire sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »