Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #81
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

A lot of good ideas. As to not repeat what's already been stated I'll just point out one area that irks me: the post play cameras. I do not like the close ups after plays and big events. Would like them backed out more.

I imagine it was decided to show off the graphics, the camera should zoom right up into the player's face so we can identify nose hair, but it is too much IMO. I consider it could also be done to hide the post game play animations which may not be ironed out.

I would like to see more animations to fill in between key animation sequences such as block shed animations for the offensive player so he doesn't look lost when beat. I do not know the limitations of processor power, so maybe they are near their limits? There are more areas where more animations could be added to "fill" in areas in between current animations to smooth them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #82
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I have heard some great ideas. Many include assistant coaches and scouting opponents. I hope that such additions make 19, but they also have to be relevant. As the game is now, I have no need to scout a team to beat them. All teams play the same, and all players are generally the same across many rating levels.

There needs to be a little more diversification. ratings need more levels; I think the 91 threshold was a good idea, in theory, but just doesn't work well in practice. There is a visible improvement between a 95 ovr team and an 80 ovr team..Sad part is, the animations at 80 ovr are so terrible to look at and play with, in comparison to 95. Not that the 95 ovr is great, but is noticeably better, IMO.

The common denominator seems to be "animations." They carry a lot of limitations at their current implementation. But I am far from a programmer, so I accept my position is full of ignorance.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #83
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Personality from the players within CFM. Right now they're just stats on a spreadsheet. I could take Aaron Rodgers and bump him to 3rd on the depth chart. He's totally cool with that. You know who isn't cool with that? Me. He should demand a trade or a release.

Give the players a voice. Even if it's tweets, text messages, or emails ala Madden 05.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2018, 02:38 AM   #84
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
A lot of good ideas. As to not repeat what's already been stated I'll just point out one area that irks me: the post play cameras. I do not like the close ups after plays and big events. Would like them backed out more.

I imagine it was decided to show off the graphics, the camera should zoom right up into the player's face so we can identify nose hair, but it is too much IMO. I consider it could also be done to hide the post game play animations which may not be ironed out.

I would like to see more animations to fill in between key animation sequences such as block shed animations for the offensive player so he doesn't look lost when beat. I do not know the limitations of processor power, so maybe they are near their limits? There are more areas where more animations could be added to "fill" in areas in between current animations to smooth them out.
I'm fine with the post play camera zooming in close on players or coaches or the stadium to show off graphics but for goodness sakes don't do it from the ground looking upward. You never see that on TV. Do the close ups but do them in a way actual broadcasts do

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #85
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Aside from scheme based depth charts(3-4 vs 4-3 vs Nickel, Slot WRs/CBs, Weak/Strongside defenders, etc.) I'd like for transferable concepts. Every single pass play from Ace Normal/Trips/Trio should also be in the shotgun equivalent formation and vice versa. IRL most teams run the same concepts from different alignments as opposed to running a lot of different stuff. Detach the HB from shotgun sets also. Tying into thee previous idea I shouldn't need to have 2 different formations with entirely different plays just so my running back aligns on the left or right side.

Also would like Depth Charts to be unlocked like NCAA. If the fear is online guys might glitch, it means your game is poorly designed. I liked how in NCAA I could put a QB at KR or a DE at FB or I could use a WR or DB or whatever as an emergency QB instead of punter, with the tradeoff being he couldn't audible or hot route so if you were in a bad play oh well, the guy doesn't know all the checks so you're stuck and the other positions had at minimum a 50% decrease in awareness for playing a position too far from their original one. Implement a similar system in Madden if need be, I just want to be as flexible as a real coach and not need to do 13 position swaps just to get a proper special teams setup

EDIT: Breakout players in both directions. That 4th round depth safety you drafted? Maybe he fills in so well he userps the starter and becomes your new franchise guy and gets a +8 to 15 OVR bump or he's a 1 year wonder and remains unchanged. This wouldnt crystalize until the next year so you would have to make a choice of who to keep. Would make roster management more interesting. You would have to ditch the XP system for this to matter. Of course this would work in the other direction too with guys having down years leading to Moss to NE type deals where maybe you give up on a guy and he has a resurgence with a new team

Last edited by Haze88; 05-06-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Late thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #86
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

My list of wishes for Madden 19:

1. Fix the sack issue. Way too many.

2. When playing CPU vs CPU, fix the silly play calling that happens.

3. Improve the tackling animations & stop with the cartoon hits.

4. Have a true Simulation Mode that is based on NFL stats 15 min quarters
with 14 sec runoff.

5. Incorporate the number of realistic penalty calls per game & add penaltiles
that have been previously missing, ie.: Late Hit, etc.

6. I would like to see a better halftime show & post game show. Not to bring
up an old game but if you can't do something like what NFL 2K5 did 14
years ago by now, WTF?

7. Fix the punt coverage. If you down the punt & then run into the end zone,
that is a touchback. C'mon! How the heck did you guys miss that one?

8. On punt coverage again, you should see about 1 punt return for a TD
every 17 to 20 games played or so. For the last 8 years, the NFL has
averaged about 13.75 punt returns for TDs per regular season. You do the
math.

9. Fix the running AI & animations. The spin move in Madden 18 is
backwards and garbage looking. I see runners trying to spin when in
actuality, they would be better served to lower their shoulder or stretch
for the first down. Nobody tries to juke when they are about a yard away
from the first down. FIX THAT!

10. In CFM, have a weekend wrap up show that shows highlights from
selected games. Maybe even a play or plays of the week as well. Break
down player movements within the league, injuries, etc.

11. Fix the QB A.I. The QB made better decisions in Madden 17.

12. Finally... FIX THE AMOUNT OF INTERCEPTIONS!!! Seriously???

Just a short list of what I have been thinking about since I started playing Madden 18. You guys were on the right track with Madden 17. I don't know if the Frostbite engine screwed things up or not but Madden 17 is WAY better as far as game play than Madden 18. I hate to say it but Madden 18 was a huge dumpster fire in my opinion.

Thanks!
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 05-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #87
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrock11
Meh, I've given up on Madden. EA has shown they are incapable of making a good football game. The only hope is if OOTP can make something similar to their baseball game with OOTP Football.
I respectfully disagree. If you look at Madden NFL 17 in terms of simulation CPU vs CPU, it's the best Madden Game ever made. I know there are still issues but Madden NFL 18 went backward. Madden isn't a hopeless franchise. They just need to make better decisions when it comes to real football play on the field. I don't care how many bells & whistles there are, if the game play in that 120 yard rectangle aren't correct, all of that extra crap is just that, crap.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 05-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #88
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
I respectfully disagree. If you look at Madden NFL 17 in terms of simulation.
But who is really buying the game to watch the CPU play? Building a game that works within the confines of your own AI is great and all but when it complete shatters from the user drifting even slightly off the rails there is a problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »