Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #89
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
But who is really buying the game to watch the CPU play? Building a game that works within the confines of your own AI is great and all but when it complete shatters from the user drifting even slightly off the rails there is a problem
If they can get the adaptive AI done properly, both user gameplay & cpu vs cpu would work properly. To answer your question, there are quite a few that only play Cpu vs Cpu. Just because you don't doesn't mean nobody does. I always tell people that if they want me to play a game a particular way, they need to buy the game for me at that point. LOL! The AI is not that great on Madden 18.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 05-08-2018, 10:14 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 0

Just how powerful do you guys think an Xbox or Playstation actually is? Once the art assets and such are loaded I seriously doubt there's much in the way of system resources left for serious AI number crunching. Board games which are FAR "simpler" than a game of Madden require super computers to make AI competitive with elite human talent. I doubt we'll see a competitive AI in a game of Madden in our lifetimes.

Time would be better spent targeting lower hanging fruit like better game plans for CPU controlled teams. At a minimum I should be able to easily edit CPU teams' gameplans or give them custom books.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just started playing NBA 2K18. If Madden provided the equivalent of the MyLeague mode I would be ecstatic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #92
MVP

saintrules's Arena

They need to find a way to differentiate players with the same ratings. For example, I can duplicate Tom Brady's height, weight, and ratings, and make the identical created player. There's nothing that stands out about having (arguably) the best QB of all time, it just seems as though he's a robot & plays to what his ratings are. This kills immersion for me since 99% of the reason I buy the (repackaged) new game every year is to have the fully updated rosters.

The likely solution to this issue could rest in archetypes like they had in former Madden games. I recall back in the day using Thomlinson with the Chargers, dude was quicker than lightening, elusive, and just an all around stud. Using him was rewarding & nobody in the game felt like him, he was truly unique. Same thing went for Randy Moss or Urlacher, etc.

Last edited by saintrules; 05-09-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #93
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Just how powerful do you guys think an Xbox or Playstation actually is? Once the art assets and such are loaded I seriously doubt there's much in the way of system resources left for serious AI number crunching. Board games which are FAR "simpler" than a game of Madden require super computers to make AI competitive with elite human talent. I doubt we'll see a competitive AI in a game of Madden in our lifetimes.

Time would be better spent targeting lower hanging fruit like better game plans for CPU controlled teams. At a minimum I should be able to easily edit CPU teams' gameplans or give them custom books.
So what you're advocating is a way of customising how the AI plays and that's a great idea. However, most people will want to be able to play a CPU team whose AI is accurate out of the box. Yes, better game plans for CPU controlled teams. I'd go further, I'd have the head coaches dictate the gameplans so that the team can change their style of play based on who is coaching them. Not everyone is going to want to start editing teams in order to enjoy the game though so it needs to be there from day 1.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #94
MVP

I want my AI Teammates to act the same way the CPU acts. The CPU takes better angles, plays more aggressive, closes gaps better, just plays more realistically. EA tries to hinder the Human by dumbing down their AI teammates. My AI teammates just stand there and let themselves be blocked.

Also, they really need to rework their blocking schemes. I don’t expect them to be perfect, but I shouldn’t have a guard running around a tackle to block an outside linebacker on an inside zone play like I just witnessed.

There’s a lot more. RB moves, the speed of WRs (timed some WR routes earlier and my WRs were running 10 yards of a Go/Fly route in about 1.5 seconds. So a 6 second 40? Ridiculous), there’s a list. Knowing EA, if even one of things got fixed it would be a miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #95
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
So what you're advocating is a way of customising how the AI plays and that's a great idea. However, most people will want to be able to play a CPU team whose AI is accurate out of the box. Yes, better game plans for CPU controlled teams. I'd go further, I'd have the head coaches dictate the gameplans so that the team can change their style of play based on who is coaching them. Not everyone is going to want to start editing teams in order to enjoy the game though so it needs to be there from day 1.
First and foremost I'd give anything for Madden to go there that in depth. Don't think it will ever happen though.

But I'd at least hope for the ability for us to make the game better ourselves and as a community here at OS.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #96
MVP

Practice mode could really use some work. First of all it should play just like the regular game. I'm not even sure what settings are used in practice, because it doesn't play like any other game mode. Secondly I'd like to see the option to create various scenarios so I can do things like work on 3rd and long offense or two min offense and see how effective my scheme is outside of a game situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »