Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #121
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Imagine being a player in Franchise, for example..This could work for a new coach too, and owner.

You walk into your team's stadium, make your way down the halls to the head coach's office. You see all the team colors and logos, champion posters, trophies, legendary players, etc adorning the walls.

The person leading you gives you a little history about the team as you walk. You reach the coach's office and he greets you with a hardy handshake and directs you to take a seat. From here there could be an interactive segment with a question and answer dialog sequence to help flesh out your character.

The coach then takes over the rest of the tour. You see the rest of the stadium, you are introduced to your locker; this is where you would pick your uniform number, for example. Then he leads you down the tunnel and you see the stadium from field level for the first time.. "WELCOME TO THE NFL, kid"

I want this sort of immersion in Madden...This is a part of how I see the future of sport gaming, and gaming in general.

If you're doing a player career mode...sure, whatever....having a personality and that sort of thing does add to the mode.

But I wouldn't want anything like this in franchise. It'd be like the negotiating stuff they put in FIFA....you see it one time and then either autosim it or 'X' through it every other time afterwards....it's extra fluff and I would imagine takes a lot of extra resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #122
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If you're doing a player career mode...sure, whatever....having a personality and that sort of thing does add to the mode.

But I wouldn't want anything like this in franchise. It'd be like the negotiating stuff they put in FIFA....you see it one time and then either autosim it or 'X' through it every other time afterwards....it's extra fluff and I would imagine takes a lot of extra resources.
Franchise is about a career - coach, player or owner. To each their own. Currently I just click through, hit X etc etc. because the Franchise mode is bland.

My example was a simple example. Franchise could benefit from having a locker room area for pre-game and half-time game changes and planning, for example.

As a coach or GM or Owner, I could have a desk view, like in Head Coach, to do all the chores required of my position. Atmosphere...

I think the reason why Franchise is the way it is, is because probably a lot of people just allow the CPU to do all the negotiating and drafting. Maybe most people just play the games and generally Sim everything else. So to save resources, why expand on something people will sim through?

I would be curious to see how many just use the Play the Moment feature like I do...I have no connection with the players. I believe Franchise usages statistics somewhere said that a lot of people do play Franchise, but apparently do not stay beyond a season? Maybe because it is just pushing buttons ? I don't bother practicing.

Granted, practice mode needs improvements beyond cosmetics. For one, it would be much better if the teams were in practice uniforms instead of game day uniforms.

The UI that was in Head Coach 09 was immersive. Environments bring people into the world; in this case the NFL. Right now there is nothing really NFL about Franchise, except the stadiums and uniforms.

IMO, the auction house in MUT is more exciting. Franchise needs something to make it more exciting..It needs more dynamics.

Even if EA expanded FA signings, for example. After a few signings, I propose most people would sim through the process. I am merely suggesting that having FAs come to a coach's or manager's office would make the experience more exciting and increase replay value.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #123
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I'm hoping they add more playable cameras or the ability to adjust the height and zoom of the cameras. Every major sports game has this feature but Madden, not sure why not, seems simple enough.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
That's odd, because I had an onside kick recovered against me in my last game. I guess they already fixed the problem.

Biggest problem with these is it looks so unnatural. Either the receiving team player catches it instantly or it hits him and stops completely. Then there is a weird flush of the “scoop ball” animation from everyone. It doesn’t look like it used to in the PS2 era where the ball could bounce all over the place as players would try to dive on it. Onside kicks are displeasing to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
It doesn’t look like it used to in the PS2 era where the ball could bounce all over the place as players would try to dive on it.
A quick search of YouTube for "PS2 Madden onside kick" will produce multiple videos which show this isn't true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
A quick search of YouTube for "PS2 Madden onside kick" will produce multiple videos which show this isn't true.

Let me rephrase that because when I read it it doesn’t reflect what I was trying to say.

When I said “bounce around” I meant as the ball would bounce up as when a pop up kick is used. Now, it just sort of goes in a straight line (unless there is some trick I’m unaware of.”

The ball would get tipped around in the air (i assume catch ratings came into play here which is good) more so than knocked around when it was on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #127
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised noone mentioned dynamic weather. Or even the way it was done before where it would change each quarter. Having snow change from flurries to heavy snow. From raining to not. Light rain to heavy rain. Would add to the presentation..

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #128
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I'm surprised noone mentioned dynamic weather. Or even the way it was done before where it would change each quarter. Having snow change from flurries to heavy snow. From raining to not. Light rain to heavy rain. Would add to the presentation..

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

This is true. Also, I know this seldom happens anymore, but on fields with grass, could we have some mudbaths once in a while? Madden 09 did a great job with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »