Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #33
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

One of the biggest things I *wish* for is that EA no longer build a game almost exclusively for H2H gameplay and acknowledge that the CPU AI needs to be massively improved because there are still plenty of people who play against the CPU. But that was my wish last year and the AI in '17 was as weak as ever.

In terms of features, the franchise mode needs a massive amount of work. I wouldn't even know where to begin listing the things I wish for, many of which have been on my wishlist for almost a decade.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
I agree with many of the desires of my fellow gamers. As an offline player- Major attention to the way the AI olays in the field, strategizes and executes. I love that we all get to voice our desires in a forum like this, I also am a realist and know EA doesn't care very much about the offline..supposedly not a money maker which is a shame.
Oh and how about a game FULLY TESTED BEFORE release..I am sick of waiting through months of patches to get glitches that should and would have been caught by any average gamer implemented so the game plays a more realistic form of football.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #35
Rookie

creator2700's Arena

Great writeup... Would LOVE to see the coaching carousel and create-a-draft-class added.* Not a chance we see that though - unless you have to pay $5 per draft class or pull Jon Gruden for a MUT pack!

*Wishing for transparency from game devs since 2017*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #36
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
DLine spotlight - Highlight player on DL for dbl team

First Read Highlight - Initial target for player (icon larger or player circle on field), QB head tracking and Body position follows this player. * Allows for faster throw (hot read) and manipulate CPU and Human players reading QB. * Great for moving defense to create throw windows and penalize user for staring down target.*

Hit Stick/Hard hits - impact stamina, catch in traffic ratings for offensive players dynamically over game. *Defenders stamina also impacted on attempts and successful hits.*Less hit stick fumbles (b/c hit sticks everyplace are imbalanced in general) and more QB fumbles

Fatigue Impact - deep routes impact stamina more, running moves impacted/decrease stamina more

Conservative ball carry - remove option. * Educate players on playing conservatively, running out of bounds, not taking hits, covering ball, etc

Play the sticks - needs to work. *Will reduce 3rd/4th and very long success. *Should force more punting/conservative play calls in these situations.

*Optimize Probabilities/variance for ratings and outcomes. *Do NOT create and absolute game with sole reliance on user inputs. * User should impact the game, however user should not be rewarded beyond what the in game player is capable of. * User has to play within his personnel, not the game overly rewarding/under penalizing for user satisfaction. *

Player differentiation - running styles, throwing styles, catches, tackles, bc moves.*

Move to the the forefront in sports game animation, physics, graphics, performance, gameplay, presentation -- Madden is not currently recognized as any of these. * Which is terrible in my opinion.*

Last edited by phant030; 04-14-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #37
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

The ability to create football teams, and also spice things up a bit by adding the AFL teams to the game as well. EA had the Arena league license once before so why not give it another go?
Old 04-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #38
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

For me it’s primarily only a few things:

(1) Overhauled qb play.

First, qb ratings should have ZERO effect on how defenses cover or linemen block.

Second, throwing under pressure should be a new trait, with a few tiers, or a rating. Guys like Jimmy G can do things guys like Kizer simply can’t. Animations can be tied to this trait, including a fast release and duck with a guy in your face for guys who have it, and just taking a sack or fumbling for those who don’t

Third, somehow incorporate release speed, perhaps with the above “throwing under pressure” trait.

Fourth, currently every qb can make every throw on the field in the game right now. But Peterman is not throwing a 70 yard bomb like Mahomes can do. It won’t happen, and I’m tired of seeing it. Differentiate pass MAX SPEED vs pass MAX DISTANCE; or at least make those with the highest throwing power have BOTH the fastest speed and greatest distance. But I need to see guys like Peterman have their deep throws “peter out” if they attempt to throw to a guy already 45 yards down the field. Pun intended.

The three things I would love to see:

(2) Overhauled franchise mode. Plenty of threads on that, but I want NFL assistant coaches in the game.

And I want XP GONE, and development of players instead entirely dependent upon head coach and assistant coaches.

Also want more realisic salary distribution/demands for free agents.

And finally, I don’t want to see the Bears drafting a qb in round one or two two seasons after drafting Trubisky. We need the AI to understand position value more.

(3) Put defensive holding back in! Make it optional at least.

(4) More sliders, or a new difficulty between All a pro and All Madden. Better AI could help with this, but adding sliders like “outside passrush,” “inside passrush,” “press coverage,” “zone coverage,” “man coverage,” and the like would help a great deal.

Of course, I suspect we don’t have those thing because of the first thing I mentioned: defensive players are controlled by qb ratings. That is such an outdated way of doing things and it needs to be overhauled, if it’s true. And it sure seems that way.

If it isn’t, then add way more sliders so we can tailor the game to look like the NFL while reflecting our individual skill levels.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:17 AM   #39
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Buddy let me borrow his copy for the weekend and there’s one glaring flaw among many: either the devs don’t know the actual rules of football or there are glitches in regards to in/out of bounds catches, what is and isn’t an unnecessary roughness penalty, roughing the passer, and overtime rules.

It’s harsh. Maybe it’s not fair, and it’s certainly cynical. But this game is nowhere near close to being a quality football game, IMO. In order for Madden to represent football, you’d need a fresh start; a new dev team, a new physics engine, a new everything. Madden 18 has left a sour taste in my mouth and I’m not sure I want that same taste come August.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-15-2018, 03:56 AM   #40
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

One small change that would be nice is to add player archetypes to create-a-player. Player style gives them ratings that are on average for the position, with different strengths and weaknesses. Even adding in what they have for Player CFM, early/mid/late/undrafted or development level gives them preset ratings to be below avg/avg/above avg/elite ratings right away would be nice.

You can still tweak individual ratings, but it would help expedite creating multiple players.

Also adding an announcer name list. Like other games do, list the names that work and offer a CUSTOM choice for entering names not on the list.

Seems to be way more draft players using less common/specific NFL player surnames than one would think, seen Manziel twice and Tebow as QBs already in only three drafts haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »