Home

Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

This is a discussion on Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #41
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Quote:
The easiest fix for all of this would be to develop stronger A.I. that behaves like they only have one set of eyeballs rather than a dozen. Players should have an awareness of situations, but only believably so. In turn, this would lead to more one-on-one coverages and allow for throws to sometimes hit the ground.
I understand the need for this but tbh the AI needs to be a little psychic because the gamer is. The game's view is wide enough to see sideline to sideline and even behind you, which gives you far more information then a real NFL player without tipping off where you are looking. I think the game needs to move into VR before they can start restricting the AI's awareness, otherwise the balance tips in the gamer's favor enormously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #42
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I understand the need for this but tbh the AI needs to be a little psychic because the gamer is. The game's view is wide enough to see sideline to sideline and even behind you, which gives you far more information then a real NFL player without tipping off where you are looking. I think the game needs to move into VR before they can start restricting the AI's awareness, otherwise the balance tips in the gamer's favor enormously.
Try playing defense with the defensive camera. It really feels like a different experience. As for offense, if they simulated what ESPN 2K did with first person that would be pretty great.

But I still disagree with you. If they made pass rush closer to what it really is, most Madden players would be forced to learn how to read defenses, step up in the pocket, and so on. But even better, if they increased sliders to the point that every aspect of the game can be user tailored (outside pass rush, inside pass rush, man coverage, press coverage, including by position) many of these problem would be mitigated.

We do NOT need psychic AI. Not at all.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 04-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #43
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

A Nintendo Switch version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 AM   #44
MVP

Defenders don't really have eyes in the back of their heads; they react to the receiver raising his arms to try to catch the ball. This is exactly how players are taught IRL.

It's far more problematic that a defender with 91+ zone coverage can jump routes 100% of the time as it completely shuts down legit passing concepts. I like the idea of thresholds, as I think they offer a means to differentiate players of various ability, but the upper thresholds could use some tweaking.

Maybe have a 91 zone defender have a 50/50 chance of jumping routes or they will only do so if the user correctly chooses underneath/over the top vis a vis who the opponent targets. For example a hook zone shaded underneath would jump a drag, but not the deep in that runs above it in the drive concept, where as over the top would jump the in and not the drag.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #45
Rookie

How about a franchise mode that doesn’t suck??*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #46
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVKD
How about a franchise mode that doesn’t suck??*
That was rather succinct.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #47
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Madden 2005 with Madden 18 graphics.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #48
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Okay some of this will be fixing gameplay, others will be improving. I'm a CFM player (32 user online leagues), so things will be geared around that.

Gameplay:
Size must matter. Real physics need to apply. Taller, heavier players should struggle more with agility and acceleration, while being generally stronger. This will fix many things inherently as speed will suddenly and significantly drop in importance (not to say it won't still be important).

Press Coverage needs to actually be functional. There are two major issues right now. First DBs really struggle in alignment, frequently not anywhere close to in front of the WR they intend to press, which way too often just leads to very easy and instantly defeating releases. Second DBs need to be less committed to the press, realizing even just a fraction sooner they need to turn and run so they don't give up the deep ball every time.
(On the plus side, the mid route bumps and shoves are a great improvement already).

Running game needs some help and some hurt, moves need to be far less effective at making multiple defenders miss but on the counter to this RBs need to fall forward far more often. There are far too few 4 yard runs and way too many 0 and 20+ yard runs. Again the Size thing would affect this as smaller DBs would have a very hard time keeping a RB from gaining 4 yards as they are in the process of tackling while bigger LBs can stop them cold.

Passing game could still be tuned some to have more misses, right now even with average QBs the only thoughts are either a completion, drop or pick. Very very few balls simply hit the ground. (Exception is bombs, those get overthrown some which is good).

Play-Action is incredibly ineffective, and worse the QB tends to drop too far automatically and walks himself into sacks 10 yards back in the pocket.

Those are the biggest gameplay needs without going too deep into the I WANT category or general tuning.

As for CFM:

Practice needs to be given to all positions, XP distributed evenly. As a CFM player, this drives me crazy, and it leads to users moving players on their roster just to get them XP and playing them elsewhere. This idea is absurd, no player doesn't get any practice during a week. They all should be getting XP. If you want to still have the drills for the minor in game bonus that is fine, but don't make that determine who gets XP. You can also keep the focus dev stuff as well for a couple of players on each side of the ball even.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »