Home

contracts outside of cfm why we run into salary cap issues

This is a discussion on contracts outside of cfm why we run into salary cap issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
contracts outside of cfm why we run into salary cap issues

im a roster maker and i found this interesting and could be why we get the salary cap pop up

I think I found out why there's cap issues outside of cfm!!

Look at the contracts once player gets assigned to new teams

I mean HUGE jumps in what their contracts were when they was on their old teams....

Just an example jarvis landry old contract with dolphins was Cap $950K Total $3.20M Bonus 1M 1 yr contract

Contract with browns without edit once placed on them

Cap 6.16M Total $21.90M Bonus $8.10M 3 yrs

Same goes for other guys the browns signed went from tiny 1 yr contracts to ones like landrys!!

They should be on the same contracts as old teams not like this this is why we need Complete Edits for Everything outside of com when doing rosters.

only reason i stumbled onto this was because i was trying to see if i could put the rookies on teams and got 1 player on browns then got the pop up messeage.

not sure if this is a glitch or bug or what but the players contract should stay same as it was on old team.

Did more testing found out it happens once u remove the players from team and put them in FA Pool.

Funny I just tried another test and I traded for landry for bug Howard and it went through and landrys contract stayed same as when on dolphins I'm testing using last roster update of yr.

Last edited by azdawgpound; 04-13-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: contracts outside of cfm why we run into salary cap issues

Never understood why salary cap and roster requirements ( or other things like injury preventing release /trade etc) are even necessary in the main menu

Any editing prevents usage online etc and CFM has it's own systems

Am guessing it's purely historical and isn't a priority to change
Old 04-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
im a roster maker and i found this interesting and could be why we get the salary cap pop up

I think I found out why there's cap issues outside of cfm!!

Look at the contracts once player gets assigned to new teams

I mean HUGE jumps in what their contracts were when they was on their old teams....

Just an example jarvis landry old contract with dolphins was Cap $950K Total $3.20M Bonus 1M 1 yr contract

Contract with browns without edit once placed on them

Cap 6.16M Total $21.90M Bonus $8.10M 3 yrs

Same goes for other guys the browns signed went from tiny 1 yr contracts to ones like landrys!!

They should be on the same contracts as old teams not like this this is why we need Complete Edits for Everything outside of com when doing rosters.

only reason i stumbled onto this was because i was trying to see if i could put the rookies on teams and got 1 player on browns then got the pop up messeage.

not sure if this is a glitch or bug or what but the players contract should stay same as it was on old team.

Did more testing found out it happens once u remove the players from team and put them in FA Pool.

Funny I just tried another test and I traded for landry for bug Howard and it went through and landrys contract stayed same as when on dolphins I'm testing using last roster update of yr.
This, coupled with the fact that you can't edit years pro, or advance contracts a year is why I now edit exclusively inside of CFM. I control all 32 teams for the first season/turn all signing/trading/re-signing to manual, and make all roster moves for all teams to match real life in the first offseason.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
This, coupled with the fact that you can't edit years pro, or advance contracts a year is why I now edit exclusively inside of CFM. I control all 32 teams for the first season/turn all signing/trading/re-signing to manual, and make all roster moves for all teams to match real life in the first offseason.
Yea I agree I don't play cfm with issues it has like how u bring in a edited roster and the cmp just readjust it after having them correct...and issue with rookies being cut who shouldn't be.

And some stuff used be in game like being able to edit yrs pro...but that was back in like ps2 days.

I also think we shouldn't have to do 32 team control just have the season play like real nfl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »