Home

Madden 18 CFM Draft Class file

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Draft Class file within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Madden 18 CFM Draft Class file

*Updated file as of 8/28/17

Howdy,

This is a roster template - not an actual roster. I posted a picture of what I had done on a different thread and was asked to post here. I will update this file when I have a more updated version. Please see the notes below for some additional guidance. Starting in M17 (since we have the ability to edit), I have been creating spreadsheets for the next 3 draft classes. For Madden 18, I am creating 2018, 2019, and 2020. My goal is to have all three of these done before the Week 1 roster is made available (should arrive 9/7 per John White).

Currently, the 2018 class is basically 100% complete. If you have feedback regarding a player I left off, feel free to comment below with the player's name, position, university, and the draft class you would expect them to be in. I may or may not take your advice.

-I try to list in approximate draft order (please don't start debating this order, not the point of the thread)
-The notes that say something like "Maybe '19" just mean that if there aren't enough good players in the generated class at that position, I may flex them to the next class.
-I do edit all vitals...I know some guys don't like to do that. Totally up to you, but I will change a player's age, height, weight etc.
-I try to match up players with a generated rookie in terms of playstyle - ex: I would hope to "map" Josh Sweat to EDGE rusher, not a 4/3 OLB.
-In the 4th year of my CFM, I will simply begin using generated players.

Overall, I have* to do this to enjoy CFM from an immersion standpoint. It's a big letdown for me that Madden 18 does not support community rosters like other great franchise-oriented games do. I hope this, among many other important features, will be supported by the community and heard by EA.

Note: You should be able to open this in Google Sheets if you don't have access to Excel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden18 Rookies_Updated.zip (51.3 KB, 1216 views)

Last edited by solmon; 08-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Re: Madden 18 CFM Draft Class file

Great work!

I wish they allowed Draft Classes editing. Editing and creating prospects is one of my favorite things to do.

If you need any help with this, solmon, I would be more than willing to do my part.

Last edited by Toupal; 08-23-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Stidham is listed as 2019
Old 08-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Great work!

I wish they allowed Draft Classes editing. Editing and creating prospects is one of my favorite things to do.

If you need any help with this, solmon, I would be more than willing to do my part.
I have him in the '19 class currently. There's no way he gets drafted ahead of Allen, Darnold, or Rosen and a lot of people love Falk too. I think he will have to get settled in at Auburn after being out for a year. Ultimately, I think he's a 1st round talent in '19, not '18. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
I have him in the '19 class currently. There's no way he gets drafted ahead of Allen, Darnold, or Rosen and a lot of people love Falk too. I think he will have to get settled in at Auburn after being out for a year. Ultimately, I think he's a 1st round talent in '19, not '18. Thanks for the feedback!
I don;t know... Cam Newton made the most of his one year at Auburn
Old 08-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Great work!

Thanks! I think I'll be okay for the bulk of it, should be done first week of September. I do welcome being informed about / challenged on guys I've left off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

johndempsey's Arena

Appreciate you sharing these with the community man!
Old 08-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndempsey
Appreciate you sharing these with the community man!
Sure thing! I hope they're helpful / get used.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Thanks so much! I will definitely be using this. I really hope next year they can finally give us custom draft classes via roster downloads. I don't see why it would be a big deal to make a "Create a Draft Class" option in the creation center(basically you can go in and make as many rookies as you want whether it be 10 or 200). Make that shareable. Then at the beginning of each season ask if we want to import a draft class similar to how we used to be able to import NCAA rosters. Or... you know... just bring back NCAA FOOTBALL PLEASE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »