Home

Follow the receiver ... literally?

This is a discussion on Follow the receiver ... literally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was playing an online game the other day. My opponent completed a sideline pass to his receiver, on the left sideline. The receiver was covered by a CPU defensive back. I did not take control of the defensive back.

As the receiver was running down the sideline, the defensive back was running parallel to the receiver, and was located slightly behind the receiver.

When my opponent did a cut to the right, going back into the field of play to prevent from being tacked while clinging to the sideline, my CPU defensive back cut to the right, at the same time my opponent did. My CPU defensive back kept his same distance, running parallel to the receiver.

My opponent cut back left.

MY CPU defensive back cut back left. With the same pace, ,and spacing, between them.

My opponent cut back right, back into the field of play.

Like they were magnetically attached, my CPU defensive back cut back right, at the exact same time, keeping the exact same amount of spacing between him and the receiver.

My opponent did this several times, and scored a touchdown.

Anyone else experience this before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #2
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Follow the receiver ... literally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
I was playing an online game the other day. My opponent completed a sideline pass to his receiver, on the left sideline. The receiver was covered by a CPU defensive back. I did not take control of the defensive back.

As the receiver was running down the sideline, the defensive back was running parallel to the receiver, and was located slightly behind the receiver.

When my opponent did a cut to the right, going back into the field of play to prevent from being tacked while clinging to the sideline, my CPU defensive back cut to the right, at the same time my opponent did. My CPU defensive back kept his same distance, running parallel to the receiver.

My opponent cut back left.

MY CPU defensive back cut back left. With the same pace, ,and spacing, between them.

My opponent cut back right, back into the field of play.

Like they were magnetically attached, my CPU defensive back cut back right, at the exact same time, keeping the exact same amount of spacing between him and the receiver.

My opponent did this several times, and scored a touchdown.

Anyone else experience this before?
I don't see it in my games because I'm a single player gamer who doesn't play in a way that tries to take advantage of flawed gameplay mechanics, but yes there are, and have been for a very long time, serious issues with the way pursuit works in this game. When you get the right spacing and speed match ups, you will see how glaring the problem is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't see it in my games because I'm a single player gamer who doesn't play in a way that tries to take advantage of flawed gameplay mechanics,
That context is not necessary. I'm asking a sincere question.

However, the fact there are flawed gameplay mechanics doesn't mean I'm taking advantage of them. Instead, I hoping to avoid them.

Example: Scripted blocked field goals. The way to prevent it is known. When you go to kick a field goal (or extra point), you normally press X (on a PS4) for power, then X for accuracy. But, instead, press and HOLD X when it comes to accuracy, then release. It's been discovered the scripted animation of the player running past the lineman that "slips" as the ball is snapped isn't run, and you can kick the field goal without a forced blocked kick by the CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
but yes there are, and have been for a very long time, serious issues with the way pursuit works in this game. When you get the right spacing and speed match ups, you will see how glaring the problem is.
Wonder why it's been a serious issue, and for so long? Would figure, over time, these things would be addressed, and fixed.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Certain slider settings will result in what I refer to as "mirroring" like you are describing. If you can post your EXACT slider settings (both Main Menu and CFM) as well as your autosub settings, penalty settings, fatigue/injury, I can probably tell you where the breakdown is occurring.

Edit: for what it's worth, if you're running a default setup with default injury/fatigue sliders, the quickest "fix" to the mirroring issues is to lower the injury slider to 39 in CFM. If you've made slider adjustments, any number of settings could jack things up.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-19-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Certain slider settings will result in what I refer to as "mirroring" like you are describing. If you can post your EXACT slider settings (both Main Menu and CFM) as well as your autosub settings, penalty settings, fatigue/injury, I can probably tell you where the breakdown is occurring.

Edit: for what it's worth, if you're running a default setup with default injury/fatigue sliders, the quickest "fix" to the mirroring issues is to lower the injury slider to 39 in CFM. If you've made slider adjustments, any number of settings could jack things up.

Thanks. Note itís online head to head (random matchup) so, will adjusting settings matter there? If so, how does the online experience determine whether to take your settings vs your opponent settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
Thanks. Note itís online head to head (random matchup) so, will adjusting settings matter there? If so, how does the online experience determine whether to take your settings vs your opponent settings?

Oh....did not realize it was online in H2H. Nothing can be done then from a slider perspective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »