Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #73
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

There is a new Madden Gameplay Analyst for EA Sports. Rose
@ImRoseBowl <-- twitter

He was a competitive player?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #74
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

In a statement posted on Twitter, Dickson said his decision to leave EA was made after "discussions with other leaders on the team." Intriguingly, he suggested the Madden franchise may go in something of a "new direction" in the future.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam.../1100-6458696/

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #75
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Disagree. I have had plenty of conversations that say otherwise, but at the same time he had to also embrace the audience his company was trying to capture.
I still remember that 4Verts interview where he talked about going to higher ups about wanting to really fix the O-line and their response was something like "Can we put that on the back of the box?" (in other words, is it "sexy" enough to market?). You could even sense the frustration in his voice just talking about it.

Saying he wasn't a franchise guy is unfair. If they went to him and said aright, Rex, we're going to give you all the resources you need to fix franchise, I truly believe he would have done so and he would've done a fine job... but like you said, if he wanted to keep his job, he had to embrace their vision, regardless of what his was for it, and I can't blame him for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #76
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
With Rex leaving mid cycle, how will this effect Madden 19 . Will this be another madden 06 all over again ?
It's pretty much the perfect time for his departure. This time of year Madden is likely in beta, which means the vast majority of the work is being done by engineers and low-level producers. Designers, especially high-level designers, are either getting their vacations in before having to work on patches, or working on prototypes and concept proofs for Madden 20. A creative director is spending most of his time in meetings with high-level producers and lead designers to decide a general direction for the next cycle.

I expect that Clint is taking on a bigger role in the direction for '20 while the development direction team is deciding who will fill Rex's role, if that's not already decided. There are plenty of qualified people on the team, though my personal hope is that Clint gets the job. Much as I'd hate to have him less hands-on, I think he's removed enough from having an industry mindset to make some series forward leaps.

Quick note, a little inside baseball because I don't want to cause any confusion. High-level producers and low-level producers are completely unrelated jobs. The higher-up guys are like film producers. They "rank" above the designers and tend to be focused on budget issues. Generally, when two design plans conflict, it's the producers that make the final call. Low-level producers are assistants to the designers and usually do the labor-intensive work like data-entry and general balance testing. New creative hires and promotions from Q/A generally start as low-level producers and then decide whether they prefer a production or design career path from there.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-03-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #77
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Rex could have spilled the beans with some Madden 19 info or a leaked game shot ......... LOL .
Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #78
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Rex could have spilled the beans with some Madden 19 info or a leaked game shot ......... LOL .
If he wants to be sued, sure.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #79
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Wasnt Looman the guy who destroyed franchise by implementing CFM?
Wasn't he also the lead for Head Coach 09 and had some role in the PS2 gen franchise modes?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #80
Rookie

Madden Franchise Mode is doomed, the rest of the Madden team only cares about micro-transactions like Madden Ultimate Team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »