Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I actually think it will change. I think he was the one thing we had giving what little pushback he could to make the game somewhat close to what we (OS) want.

I think this could have a drastic negative impact on this community.

I don't know anything about the guy but this is someone who is from the competitive side who is now working on gameplay:

https://twitter.com/ImRoseBowl

(I WANT to be clear, he is not Rex's replacement. But he IS working on gameplay)

Just going through his tweets and not know anything about him I can't say I'm confident.

Having said that, I want to admit that I don't want to assume anything and will have an open mind going into the next game.
He may be aiding in the Tuning for Comp, allowing Clint to cont to design gameplay as a base for the game vs a particular Play Style.

As a former player thatís interacted with all the aspects within CFM mode, Iíve always felt he should be lead over that mode where his 1st hand experience could be replicated.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #98
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Can anybody guess the topic of tonight's podcast? I think my brother @AzureEffect well be able to join tonight. This should be a good one. Come through at 8pm EST and give your 2 cents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk60r9ZkDwc Ö

Rex Dickson

@Rex_Dickson_
2h
2 hours ago

More
this might even be worthy of a call in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk60r9ZkDwc
Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Whether there was friction between Rex and higher-ups, who knows, but I think it's clear that the direction of Madden is competitive/e-sports, and continuing to be all in on MUT.
TBH, that 1st pre-release Tuning tore the game up (which you can tell Rex didnít like from the interview he did) and it never even came close to being 25% recovered with all the Tuners/Patches that followed.

Everyone Play Style Type was happy across the board with the way the game played.

Player Differentiation was the biggest thing that popped out to me on screen.

With the feedback everyone was giving after some hands-on time at the event, you could see/tell that he was in a good place concerning the game, even with little CFM advancement.

If CFM is given the short stick for M19, I have no problem diverting the money towards one of the other football options being developed.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #100
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
TBH, that 1st pre-release Tuning tore the game up (which you can tell Rex didn’t like from the interview he did) and it never even came close to being 25% recovered with all the Tuners/Patches that followed.

Everyone Play Style Type was happy across the board with the way the game played.

Player Differentiation was the biggest thing that popped out to me on screen.

With the feedback everyone was giving after some hands-on time at the event, you could see/tell that he was in a good place concerning the game, even with little CFM advancement.

If CFM is given the short stick for M19, I have no problem diverting the money towards one of the other football options being developed.
I'll definitely be tracking the indie optionsas well. I bought Axis to support future iterations. To me, that game isn't at a playable standard I enjoy right now, but the work the devs are doing is very impressive overall, and so I'll continue to support it.

I really liked Madden 18 when they released the patches in November, but it's been too many editions now that take too long to finally get the game patched right. It just isn't a a rewarding single player experience for enough of my annual play cycle.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #101
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 19 is 99% done anyway

what this means is two-fold
1 he said madden 19 would get a cfm jump maybe he pushed for that and the suits said no

2 this is a bad sign unless Clint or john white takes over

i will never get the job but here is what i would do

1 get rid of longshot
2 talk to LD2K to try over a 3 year period to make madden cfm as close to nba 2k fran as possible
'delete' any player in the game this wouild give roster makers 3'000 caps to re make any season they want
3 no more hit songs NFL Films music and team chants only
4 custom draft class where u can make 300 draft picks in cfm only but u can import to roster share
5 Goddell Mode In CFM where u can make rules etc basic God Mode on doom
6 hire durce douglas
7 in online mode if u go for it on 4th down throw or run every down try to run up the score u lose
8 change up the background screens if u want going back as far as madden 2003
9 u can have a ratings system or a APF2K8 syile of system
10 a 5 min hilght show in cfm and a talk show ie Golic and wingo in cfm
11 for main milestones 2'000 yards 4'000 passing yards breaking Jerry Rice or bratt frave rec have everyone know in your cfm
12 all coaches in the game
13 make it to if u want to do only 1 team in cfm the CPU AI is smarter about not drafting 3 qb in a row ETC
14 add cutscens for reg season playoffs and SB Games
15 Team history page in cfm ie NBA2K
16 add $ to mut make MUT on a paywall after a ceterit point
17 give u the choice on if u want legends in u cfm
18 use a loophole to get bill b on the game in cfm only when u get to ne push creante new coach when u look at faces pick the one that will say navy boom bill b real stats traris ratings
19 90 Man rosters

Last edited by jerwoods; 05-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #102
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think it's clear that the direction of Madden is competitive/e-sports, and continuing to be all in on MUT.
I basically agree with you that online competitive play - in MUT and Franchise both - is going to be the promotional focus of Madden going forward. Really, that direction has been clear since M16.

With all that said, I think we can all agree that the user vs CPU experience doesn't remotely prepare a new or even a veteran player for online competitive play. On the field, the CPU doesn't even attempt 75% of the pre-snap adjustments the top competitive Madden players are routinely using every play, and that's a problem. Tiburon necessarily must continue to invest in the single-player experience in order to groom the stick skills and strategic thinking abilities of the game's player base and thus increase Madden's competitive player population, else it will not be a successful competitive game.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #103
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Not sure what to make of this. Was Rex the reason franchise mode has been the same for like 4 years in a row? If that's the case than yeah a change needed to be made. If franchise mode isn't all new in Madden 19, I seriously just give up. Either way best of luck to Rex.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #104
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I basically agree with you that online competitive play - in MUT and Franchise both - is going to be the promotional focus of Madden going forward. Really, that direction has been clear since M16.

With all that said, I think we can all agree that the user vs CPU experience doesn't remotely prepare a new or even a veteran player for online competitive play. On the field, the CPU doesn't even attempt 75% of the pre-snap adjustments the top competitive Madden players are routinely using every play, and that's a problem. Tiburon necessarily must continue to invest in the single-player experience in order to groom the stick skills and strategic thinking abilities of the game's player base and thus increase Madden's competitive player population, else it will not be a successful competitive game.
Think of this from the competitive side. Wouldn't a push towards competitive help animations/control responsiveness as well as AI improvements? If they can make the AI better adapt it's a great "training tool" for future competitive stars. The AI needs a huge investment as does CFM. I'd be happy if only one of those two got the investment they need.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »