Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #161
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I highly doubt that a letter writing campaign to the suits would sway their decision either way because they have investors to answer to.

Sounds great in theory, but in reality, the suits will go where the profits are.

If marketing and suits (non NFL football people), they will go to where the market is profitable.

It's as clear as mud.
That's precisely why I have no hope for the future of this game

Last edited by Kanobi; 05-07-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #162
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS

I am hearing some positive things for CFM heading into next year, so hopefully a positive CFM year with positive feedback on the game build momentum to carry that on into the following release.
Is this from different sources, just curious, thanks. And with Madden 19, I presume by the next year comment?

Last edited by roadman; 05-07-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #163
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

I appreciated how much he interacted with the community. That was a big deal. In general though, MUT makes the money and anyone trying to invest heavily in CFM and User vs CPU gameplay is going to face an uphill battle. Which sucks, but after seeing the pattern repeat itself for so many years it's tough to expect something to change.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #164
MVP

Quote:
Is this from different sources, just curious, thanks. And with Madden 19, I presume by the next year comment?
I have heard from a couple different places. Now will it be some massive jump everyone wants? No. I do think it'll be a very positive release for Franchise. Yea this coming release.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #165
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
I highly doubt that a letter writing campaign to the suits would sway their decision either way because they have investors to answer to.

Sounds great in theory, but in reality, the suits will go where the profits are.

If marketing and suits (non NFL football people), they will go to where the market is profitable.

It's as clear as mud.
Letters to the NFLPA might help, but only if you can argue the NFL brand or players are being misrepresented. That helped get metallic gold helmets for the 49ers several years ago.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #166
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Letters to the NFLPA might help, but only if you can argue the NFL brand or players are being misrepresented. That helped get metallic gold helmets for the 49ers several years ago.
Eh, the NFLPA has a strong relationship with EA and I think you would need to do more than argue.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #167
MVP

Quote:
Eh, the NFLPA has a strong relationship with EA and I think you would need to do more than argue.
Well I would imagine you would have to present evidence regarding your issue AND present a compelling argument for why it is relevant to the players and their brand, etc.

However, I'm not just shooting the shhh, so to speak. I actually did this several years ago, and got an email response from Carl Francis, to whom I presented picture evidence of how EA was failing the brand (Carl Francis was then the Director of Communications. Not sure now). I asked him to forward the email to George Atallah. He told me he'd forward my email to "the appropriate individual," and coincidentally the very next Madden they fixed the 49ers helmets. Did he actually forward the email? Did it make a difference? I don't know. But I do know the 49ers haven't had flat tan helmets since.

Granted, it could have been coincidence. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. But I got a response from the F'ning NFLPA, and it "just so happened" that shortly after the issue was fixed.

So, I'm not saying it will really do anything. But if you can find a very compelling argument, and solid evidence backing it up, about how EA Tiburon might be harming the player's brand (or the league's), you just might get a response, and it just might lead to something happening.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #168
MVP

^^ I found my super excited post about it.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...98&postcount=5

AND I found the email, so here's the proof:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »