Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #201
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Ps2 wasn't released until 2000. Best case scenario, making a case that you could remember a game from when you were 5 (a stretch) you are now 23 which is not the same age of these draftees.

Also, I can see the birthday you used to register. The year you were born in is not close to the year of this years draftees. (But you know this already).
I honestly don't remember what birthday I use to make this account so you're probably right. Facebook only account that has my correct birthday lol.

I got PS2 in summer of 2004, which I was 8. Def do remember being blown away by NFL 2k5 since it was one of first games I ever owned for PS2.

I'm 22, seniors in the draft class of draft class are 22 lol. They graduate HS in 2014 and most of them are 18, 4 years later they graduate university and are 22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #202
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
I'm same age as these draftees. I still remember being blown away by NFL 2k5 when I moved into my new house and finally got the PS2. Blown away by Chris Berman ESPN weekly sports recap, crib mode, helmet view and franchise. Too young to notice impact on gameplay but that game was full of amazing features. Same goes for Madden on PS2 era. Football games have regressed badly
I would also like to add this discussion, as if my football career would have actually been successful when I was younger, this year could have been my draft year .

I've enjoyed Madden a lot these past two years. In 17 and 18 I've played almost a combined two decades worth of franchise mode. Gameplay is pretty good, but still leaves something to be desired with player movement, interaction, and AI. I love Gaudin and Davis but the season-long immersion factor just isn't there for franchise.

I was a little kid when 2k5 and the PS2 Madden games came out, and to this day one of my best friends still talks about the Chris Berman weekly wrap-up shows, draft profile scouting reports, and halftime highlight shows with me in that game. It was legendary for its time. Even having colored in end zones for the super bowl was a huge immersion factor for me as a little kid. Seeing that ESPN logo always made me excited to play that week's primetime matchups. It was then I learned what plays I liked to run, how to create my own playbooks, set practice schedules for my team, structure and re-structure contracts, and talk my players out of retirement all while having quick simulation if I needed it, a bottom line ticker, and reading news from around the league, all within a cool office layout in the game. 2k5, feature-wise is still a legendary game and if those same features were modernized in Madden, we'd be salivating over them for months.

As for Madden, I remember being so excited to use the hit stick as a kid so I could emulate Joey Porter or Ray Lewis in the game or to use Superstar Mode and take the IQ test and have an agent. Or even in later Madden's like Madden 10, playing hours on Madden moments mode, importing draft classes, looking at my coaching staffs, being excited for the broadcast presentation of the Superbowl flyovers or bringing the chains out for a measure. Madden is getting better too, it's just taking longer than we hope.

My point is, I'm the age of these draftees, and that doesn't prevent me from sharing the same frustrations much of this forum has had for years with Madden. But, video games are still toys like hot wheels were when I was younger. And, I was always taught to use my imagination. So sometimes I make up my own storylines or reasons for changes in the game to make things more fun. I just hope that each year, I have to use less and less of it because more is included in the game. I really think we'll get there some day, it just may take a little while longer than we'd hope or have expected.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #203
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And here's the rub that a lot of people don't understand or follow: Moonlight Swami asking people what they want to see in CFM/Franchise mode:

While there are plenty of real reasons as to why its not simple to bring those things back, especially the way they were, I totally understand the frustration
Old 05-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #204

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I honestly don't remember what birthday I use to make this account so you're probably right. Facebook only account that has my correct birthday lol.

I got PS2 in summer of 2004, which I was 8. Def do remember being blown away by NFL 2k5 since it was one of first games I ever owned for PS2.

I'm 22, seniors in the draft class of draft class are 22 lol. They graduate HS in 2014 and most of them are 18, 4 years later they graduate university and are 22
I'll be honest, and the blame is on me but I'll chalk it up to a very long week at work.

The logic I used in my previous post was extremely flawed so I owe you an apology. For some reason, my mind was working on a fallacy that you were born in 2000 which was a false premise to begin with.

I do want to offer apologies.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:09 AM   #205
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I would also like to add this discussion, as if my football career would have actually been successful when I was younger, this year could have been my draft year .

I've enjoyed Madden a lot these past two years. In 17 and 18 I've played almost a combined two decades worth of franchise mode. Gameplay is pretty good, but still leaves something to be desired with player movement, interaction, and AI. I love Gaudin and Davis but the season-long immersion factor just isn't there for franchise.

I was a little kid when 2k5 and the PS2 Madden games came out, and to this day one of my best friends still talks about the Chris Berman weekly wrap-up shows, draft profile scouting reports, and halftime highlight shows with me in that game. It was legendary for its time. Even having colored in end zones for the super bowl was a huge immersion factor for me as a little kid. Seeing that ESPN logo always made me excited to play that week's primetime matchups. It was then I learned what plays I liked to run, how to create my own playbooks, set practice schedules for my team, structure and re-structure contracts, and talk my players out of retirement all while having quick simulation if I needed it, a bottom line ticker, and reading news from around the league, all within a cool office layout in the game. 2k5, feature-wise is still a legendary game and if those same features were modernized in Madden, we'd be salivating over them for months.

As for Madden, I remember being so excited to use the hit stick as a kid so I could emulate Joey Porter or Ray Lewis in the game or to use Superstar Mode and take the IQ test and have an agent. Or even in later Madden's like Madden 10, playing hours on Madden moments mode, importing draft classes, looking at my coaching staffs, being excited for the broadcast presentation of the Superbowl flyovers or bringing the chains out for a measure. Madden is getting better too, it's just taking longer than we hope.

My point is, I'm the age of these draftees, and that doesn't prevent me from sharing the same frustrations much of this forum has had for years with Madden. But, video games are still toys like hot wheels were when I was younger. And, I was always taught to use my imagination. So sometimes I make up my own storylines or reasons for changes in the game to make things more fun. I just hope that each year, I have to use less and less of it because more is included in the game. I really think we'll get there some day, it just may take a little while longer than we'd hope or have expected.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you man, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Although with username that has 87 in it, I would assume you were born in 87 or that has to do with Crosby lol.

Point is, me and scitychamps are a similar age and just because we're young, doesn't mean we don't remember great times we had with football games on PS2 era.

I haven't bought Madden since Madden 11 and it makes me sad that Madden would make decent franchise mode by now but unfortunately they still haven't. Gameplay has improved yes but still no where near what it needs to be. It pains me if 2k never made NFL 2k5 as cheap as it did, we would have 2 great football games like we did on PS2 era.

I miss those days but looks like they're long gone unfortunately

Please EA, put some damn effort into Madden for PS5 generation because Im hopeless Madden is going to get much better for the remainder of this generation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 05:10 AM   #206
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'll be honest, and the blame is on me but I'll chalk it up to a very long week at work.

The logic I used in my previous post was extremely flawed so I owe you an apology. For some reason, my mind was working on a fallacy that you were born in 2000 which was a false premise to begin with.

I do want to offer apologies.
It's all good, you gotta work hard to feed your family. Keep working hard my g
Old 05-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #207
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And here's the rub that a lot of people don't understand or follow: Moonlight Swami asking people what they want to see in CFM/Franchise mode:

While there are plenty of real reasons as to why its not simple to bring those things back, especially the way they were, I totally understand the frustration
Sorry dude but I don't expect Moonlight Swami to make much of an impact. Although his franchise mode series were great. All the decesions are going to be made from the suits
Old 05-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #208
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Sorry dude but I don't expect Moonlight Swami to make much of an impact. Although his franchise mode series were great. All the decesions are going to be made from the suits
I don't know how you inferred that I thought Moonlight Swami was a difference maker, I was only providing the message from Moonlight Swami that some people question why can't we have things from 15 years ago.

It won't hurt to have another voice in FM, but you are right about trying to swim upstream with those at the top.

Last edited by roadman; 05-12-2018 at 11:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »