Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #209
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

The last version of Madden is the best its been in years. I'm highly disappointed that Rex is out. I'm sure 19 will be even more amazing, and I'm looking forward to it knowing its pretty much done and will be the last one Rex was a part of. Of course, I'll still look forward to Madden 20 and beyond with whoever is at the helm, and I hope they keep the good sim balance going.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #210
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

This thread's relationship with reality was always tenuous outside of the singular fact that Rex is no longer with EA. It degenerated from there.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

ďThe only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.Ē
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #211
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Not sure who follows the Battlefield series, but Battlefield 2018 (5) is coming out in about October. But, they left clues about the first release of details about the next game in BF1. There is to be a trailer on May 23rd according to the clue found.

I bring this up, because maybe that time or close to it, will be when M19 info will be released...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #212
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
No they wouldn't, they would only be trashing EA sports. It be equivalent of Nike sponsored player trashing Adidas. They would only lose opportunity of being on cover of Madden

Wrong.

It's classless to trash any company in that forum.....childish too....trashing a videogame?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #213
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know how you inferred that I thought Moonlight Swami was a difference maker, I was only providing the message from Moonlight Swami that some people question why can't we have things from 15 years ago.

It won't hurt to have another voice in FM, but you are right about trying to swim upstream with those at the top.
MB thought you meant Moonlight was gonna change things.

I've realized for Franchise mode to be good again, it's going to come through microtransactions. Mainly presentation that will keep you immerse in the game like weekly recap show, different presentations for big games, different atmosphere for big games and playoffs, storylines, all that other stuff were going to have to pay extra for.

It's sad to say but it's only route for EA to care about Franchise mode, similar how UT makes bank for EA and that's main focus now. Only way they'll care about franchise mode is to see if people like us will pay extra for features that should of been in game years ago and sadly we might have to.

That's what I predict for next generation. Hey guys, we actually put effort into Franchise mode this year but guess what, you'll have to pay $10 if you want SportsCenter, $10 for mock drafts, $10 for live draft presentation and ooooooo guess what for ultimate price of just $20 if you pre order you'll get MNF, SNF, TNF presentations!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:43 PM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I dont want to dog a group of guys, who Im sure work very hard---probably harder than most of us could even comprehend, Rex included in that, and they seem pretty passionate. It seems like one of the main issues other than leadership, is generally talent in terms of developing the game, and the components that go into it. This game is 20 something years old and it seems like the team struggles. The reason we still compare this game to a 15 year old game is simply because that was a well made game. You played the game and thought, i am playing a complete game, by people who know what they are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I've always wondered how a job on the Madden team is viewed with the gaming industry. Because it's one of the more popular titles is it a resume builder or is it seen as a "great job"? I'm sure your level of experience would have something to do with it, but was just curious. I remember back in the day here in Chicago, if you were a college graduate and you wanted a consulting job, Anderson was a great job. Brand recognition, but nothing more than a stepping stone to something else.
My understanding, and maybe CM can chime in, is that within the video game industry sports games are one of the lowest totem pole jobs. Unless you have a real interest in a sport, they have little to offer you. There's little to no creative freedom, as your goal is to most accurately reproduce a real life sport, though maybe Longshot will change that going forward.

This just shrinks the talent pool they have to choose from. Though there are positions where you would need someone that is interested in the NFL, there are plenty where that's not necessary.

I think sports games might be some of the toughest to make, just due to the sheer number of variables needing to be considered at all times, but I don't have experience with it, so I could be talking out of my ***.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #215
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And here's the rub that a lot of people don't understand or follow: Moonlight Swami asking people what they want to see in CFM/Franchise mode:

While there are plenty of real reasons as to why its not simple to bring those things back, especially the way they were, I totally understand the frustration

Yeah, as sad as it is to say, I donít see them bringing back my all-time favorite mode: Superstar. I donít think many people played it, or of they did, EA didnít make much of a note on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #216
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

I never like him so much, but I wish him all better lucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »