Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-20-2018, 10:58 PM   #257
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I remember they even said they could add new features mid year. Oh the false hope they sell lol.
Uh, Tiburon has added features to Madden mid-cycle on numerous occasions.

To provide one of the countless examples: on-the-fly audibles were added to Madden 18 in a post-launch title update.

Specific to franchise since that's the focus of a lot of people on this forum: formation substitutions in Madden 17 were technically delivered as a post-launch title update (albeit during the launch window). Franchise as it has existed since M13 has seen a good number of post-launch feature adds in the past as well.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:00 PM   #258
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
3 weeks and maybe some of this "mood" might be a bit lighter. We'll see.

lol AJ, took me awhile to find that post.
I'm hoping for some truly good news. Because sadly I might otherwise be at the end of my patience with this game.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #259
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Broussard has his sources.lol
Old 05-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #260
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

To provide one of the countless examples: on-the-fly audibles were added to Madden 18 in a post-launch title update.

Specific to franchise since that's the focus of a lot of people on this forum: formation substitutions in Madden 17 were technically delivered as a post-launch title update (albeit during the launch window). Franchise as it has existed since M13 has seen a good number of post-launch feature adds in the past as well.
IIRC XP Sliders were added post release for '16 (as the first time they were introduced, and of course they've been in the game at launch since). As much as some people hate the XP system, it's still an extremely powerful progression control tool.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #261

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Too bad you can't tag people here, huh?

@adembronski Ive actually had someone do that with the @ symbol and I got a push notification to my phone that someone mentioned me. I think is a talpatalk feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #262
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
There is a very small detail that leads me to believe it is not though.

Many many years ago while Ian was still there they redesigned the player info card interface, and they made a very dumb mistake -- they forgot to put draft info on it. Ian came out on this forum and said that it simply slipped their mind. He said they were putting it under the awards section in a patch. Mentioned how it wasn't ideal but the best they could do to get the info into the game.

Guess where draft info can be found today?
They're still using that patch job from 6 years ago.
No.

I don't know how that ended up being that way. The Madden 13 cycle was very tight, we were working 80 hour weeks from December to release. I'm about 90% sure much of the existing UI was copied by a UI Artist rather than build by designers because the designers had their hands full building the data for every table in the mode and innumerable assets used in the mode.

Absolutely nothing; and I mean nothing, from the old franchise code, was used in CFM. The only thing that the old franchise USED that the new one also used was Supersim (which isn't really part of "franchise mode" but it's own stand-alone thing). The idea of a UI Artist opening up Madden 12 and looking at the existing screens to make sure he got everything makes sense though, so that's how I'd imagine it came over.

CFM/FranTK/GameChanger is an extremely powerful tool, as evidenced by the fact that we built AN ENTIRE FRANCHISE MODE IN ONE CYCLE for Madden 13. Might not have been a great franchise mode, but it was complete and playable both online and off. Why haven't they used it to its potential since? No idea, I'm not there, but it's everything I said it was.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:45 PM   #263
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

No... formation subs in Madden 17 were reported on August 9th, 2 weeks before the game was even released. Technically, that's a PRE-launch feature. No matter how you try and frame it as a "launch window" addition, everything already in the game upon being released is a pre-launch feature.

Besides that point, I've defended them before adding that feature so late into the pre-launch cycle... but what you're negating is the fact that there were certain formation subs that would not save, no matter what you do. One year later, people were still complaining about the same exact formation subs not saving in Madden '18... which means, a simple fix to such an important feature was ignored. Which heavily begs the question if they threw a half-baked feature into the late pre-launch to appease the franchise community, just so they can say the same thing you did. "Hey, we gave you this, so shut up about us neglecting franchise so we can focus on MP and Longshot already."

Also, I'd love to hear much more of the "countless" examples you have of POST-launch additions to franchise since '13 than simply one. Better yet, I'd love to hear the "countless" examples of meaningful additions compared to the meaningful examples you could make for MUT.

Afterall, I could throw my dog a plastic bone... but it doesn't make it a real, worthwhile one.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #264
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

OVR: 0

Rex Dickson was apart of the longest amount of garbage for franchise mode, so it's good that he's being replaced. Madden 12 was the last decent game for the series, and coincidentally he joined in 2013 and lasted all the way until 18. At least things are looking up.
Bucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »