Home

Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

This is a discussion on Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #73
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
We've seen emails from EA execs that asked EA for an exclusive license, instead of the individual licensing it was at the time. Those emails were posted on OS a few times.
Okay, fair enough..

Fair game when the competition prices their competitive product well below the market norm. $19.95 versus $49.95. I cannot blame EA's move to counter predatory pricing tactics.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-09-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 7

I am a franchise guy, so I passed on Madden 18. Until after the Super Bowl, where I got madden 18 at the PlayStation online store for 14 dollars. I played some MUT for the first tome and it is fun but a grind. I did not spend any money on MUT though. Donít see why anybody would. My team is up to an 86 now and gotta say I am bored with MUT now. The graphics are really beautiful this time around.
My plan is if they donít improve Maddenís franchise mode in 19, I will just wait till after the Super Bowl again and get it cheap as a roster update with no bugs by then. hopefully. Thatís the new reality for me when dealing with Madden and EA.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I am a franchise guy, so I passed on Madden 18. Until after the Super Bowl, where I got madden 18 at the PlayStation online store for 14 dollars. I played some MUT for the first tome and it is fun but a grind. I did not spend any money on MUT though. Donít see why anybody would. My team is up to an 86 now and gotta say I am bored with MUT now. The graphics are really beautiful this time around.
My plan is if they donít improve Maddenís franchise mode in 19, I will just wait till after the Super Bowl again and get it cheap as a roster update with no bugs by then. hopefully. Thatís the new reality for me when dealing with Madden and EA.
This has been my MO for a few years now as well. For $15-$20 the gameís value is pretty good, IMO.

I hoped OTP would pull me into investing early within the cycle, but the price point is too high. I can buy a new MyPlayer in 2K for $50 and use that player for months. $50 goes almost nowhere in MUT.

Accepting Maddenís gameplay for what it is, itís one of the most expensive games Iíve ever encountered when it comes to playing WITH (not against) your friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Okay, fair enough..

Fair game when the competition prices their competitive product well below the market norm. $19.95 versus $49.95. I cannot blame EA's move to counter predatory pricing tactics.
You're a little confused. "Predatory Pricing" is when a well established company/product undercuts an upstart to remove the competition. It's not when an upstart tries to be competitive with an established product.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #77
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You're a little confused. "Predatory Pricing" is when a well established company/product undercuts an upstart to remove the competition. It's not when an upstart tries to be competitive with an established product.
Correct , also i find it rather ironic in many ways that NBA Live basically tried to do this exact same thing to 2k basketball this year. If you pre - ordered they took 20$ off . Also even though at launch it was at 60$ it seriously was not long at all it was 39.99 , then down to 5.99......

In all honesty its a good basketball game. But i still find it really funny/ironic they were upset someone produced something with good quality at a lower price than them and sold it cheaper than they did, but then turn around and literally have to do the same thing , in order to even move their copies.

While i do hate it for the devs of the game, because again i think its a good basketball game, it kinda serves EA right for what they brought about . Classic story of reaping what they sowed.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #78
Rookie

what EA needs to know is not every Madden buyer plays Ultimate Team and Longshot, they need to use their resources wisely for future Madden games, and improve modes like Franchise mode instead of wasting development time on Longshot and shoving cheap trading cards at gamer's faces with Ultimate Team.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #79
Rookie

ďThis is a big business for EA, with Ultimate Team alone making up nearly 20% of the company's total revenue, and it could grow even further given management's comments during the third-quarter conference call that "Ultimate Team is more popular than ever across our EA Sports titles."

Whether we like it or not, itís here to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #80
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I have never tried MUT, never wanted to play that mode, and never will.

MUT: not even once.
Me either. It is just a money scam at the expense of improvements in Franchise mode. I hope that this isn't why Rex left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »