Home

Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

This is a discussion on Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #97
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I totally agree. I used to love to come to OS on a random day and see a new Madden info thread and the discussion that followed. The blog entries leading up to E3. I enjoyed pouring over that stuff and the thread to pass the time.

I guess it's better now with EA play for those who can attend, but for those unable to, it really kind of sucks that we get shut out and have to wait for gamechangers and youtube personalities to give us their take on the upcoming release. It's cool on the day info drops to have so many sources, but I guess I'm just stuck in my old ways.
I don't know about you but I don't have thousands of dollars to drop on a trip to LA and be able to miss work to go play videogames as much as I love them. When the news floods us now close to release I find myself poring over all the videos from the community influencers and listening to T4Verts podcast. It's still fun. But, man I miss the concept of "Madden Mondays" or Ian letting us know a new blog was coming this week or a blog schedule actually being published for us. Even though EA still had its problems then, it at least felt like they wanted to make us excited for EVERY aspect of the game, not just their back of the box casual feature.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #98
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

How about dropping info or hints on a whiteboard during or after the SB.

Last edited by roadman; 05-10-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #99
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Oh the detective work was second to none, lol. A lot of fun back then.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 0

EA will continue to make bank. Franchise mode will continue to remain a joke. Longshot is their focus because they want to compete with 2k MyCareer mode. Lets be serious people, Madden hasn't been the game for us since 360/PS3 generation.

Better hope Axis Football or another company can make good football game for PS5 generation because once again we have went through another generation with garbage football game. Embarrassing there hasn't been good football game since PS2/XBOX days.

Thanks NFL
Old 05-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
EA will continue to make bank. Franchise mode will continue to remain a joke. Longshot is their focus because they want to compete with 2k MyCareer mode. Lets be serious people, Madden hasn't been the game for us since 360/PS3 generation.

Better hope Axis Football or another company can make good football game for PS5 generation because once again we have went through another generation with garbage football game. Embarrassing there hasn't been good football game since PS2/XBOX days.

Thanks NFL
The PS2/XBox days featured iterations of the game where you could base your entire offense around throwing streaks to tall WRs or just run Goal Line Off Tackle every rip. You're off your gourd if you think those games were better than what we have today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 12:24 AM   #102
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The PS2/XBox days featured iterations of the game where you could base your entire offense around throwing streaks to tall WRs or just run Goal Line Off Tackle every rip. You're off your gourd if you think those games were better than what we have today.

To each their own. For the hardware we had, ps2 games were amazing.

I canít stomach current madden. Used to play year round on ps2. Last year was an all time low. I logged a total of 3 games of madden 18 before moving on to other titles.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:01 AM   #103
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Obviously gameplay is better, were comparing game from early 00s to 2018 lmao

Yet the features of the game have regressed and gameplay has no where near improved enoguh as it should
Old 05-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #104
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
It is competition. I am not saying Sega deserved to be brought to court, nor that they were illegal in their actions, exactly. I am saying the tactic, the extreme price drop of $30 from the general market pricing, at the time, for a triple A game, was really extreme and had predatory pricing nuances, similarities.

I also am not suggesting that EA was not partaking in tactics to wrestle market share from competitors.

I would say that the final result, EA obtaining the exclusive deal may have been pushed by Sega's pricing tactic. EA couldn't compete at $19.95, IMO. Apparently the NFL decided for some reason to accept an deal. Could this have been the result of the Sega $19.95 tactic? I think there is too many coincidences to just be coincidence.

Ultimately it is competition..All Sega did to get the game out on its date, and the price, was about competing. That is what businesses do.

Hopefully that cleared up my position?

Keeping in line of what businesses do, I was skeptical of the GC program when it began because I wasnít sure what say community members would have on the game.

Since the last time I looked at the program a couple of years ago, it looks like itís shifted into an almost exclusively grass roots marketing and PR program (https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq) with the focus being (IMO) of helping content creators optimize web presence to market the game for a lower cost than traditional marketing efforts. Bravo ea if thatís the case.

Financials and the shareholders calls are crystal clear. Iím along for the ride but we are in no way steering or influencing this train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »