Home

Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

This is a discussion on Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #17
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

The propaganda comes in when people do two things. One, the mischaracterize what the mode is and what gamers actually do when they play it in order to make it seem worse than it is. Two, they demonize those that do enjoy it in order to justify their belief that the mode does not deserve respect.

Thatís it.

Case in point. DD makes a fair point that Head Coach is not a fair comparison to Madden proper. So I have to conced that if I want to be taken seriously. I still believe that franchise players would suffer if the mode was sold on its own, but Head Coach is a poor example.

But, despite OS taking an proactive view on UT modes by hiring writers dedicated to just those modes, in the forums, moderators continue to allow users to repeatedly use the same false arguments to make their case.

It feels like instead of an honest view of the mode that there is a concerted effort to demonize it, and anything that makes UT look bad is allowed, even if the statemts are dubious. It feels like even if the revenue stream that UT brings us cut-off, and EA decided that the licensing of AAA sports games no longer justifies their existence, like with their golf game, that folks here would be okay with UT players no longer getting to play the game they like, since, somehow, we ruined franchise mode by just not liking it enough.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 05-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #18
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
The propaganda comes in when people do two things. One, the mischaracterize what the mode is and what gamers actually do when they play it in order to make it seem worse than it is. Two, they demonize those that do enjoy it in order to justify their belief that the mode does not deserve respect.

That’s it.

Case in point. DD makes a fair point that Head Coach is not a fair comparison to Madden proper. So I have to conced that if I want to be taken seriously. I still believe that franchise players would suffer if the mode was sold on its own, but Head Coach is a poor example.

But, despite OS taking an proactive view on UT modes by hiring writers dedicated to just those modes, in the forums, moderators continue to allow users to repeatedly use the same false arguments to make their case.

It feels like instead of an honest view of the mode that there is a concerted effort to demonize it, and anything that makes UT look bad is allowed, even if the statemts are dubious. It feels like even if the revenue stream that UT brings us cut-off, and EA decided that the licensing of AAA sports games no longer justifies their existence, like with their golf game, that folks here would be okay with UT players no longer getting to play the game they like, since, somehow, we ruined franchise mode by just not liking it enough.
I don't think anyone is confused as to what and how MUT is, rather can see that as MUT has risen Franchise is diminished. Case and point? Everytime I load M18 now I'm bombarded with MUT stuff straight from the loading screen. It very clearly gets a disproportionate amount of resources to everything else and when you are a guy that doesn't play or enjoy the mode its a bit irritating. Imagine a world in reverse where all the MUT stuff you love is slowly stripped away to a husk while franchise was constantly catered to. You'd want a shift in focus right? That's what CFM guys are on. Please throw us a bone for once. And if you think we are look at any set of patch notes to see where the most attention goes
Old 05-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
You really don't want that. The problem is right there in your post. How long did Head Coach last? Split Franchise off from the game, and Madden will just be pure MUT and franchise mode will be gone forever.
Actually I really do want that. I didn't say bring back Head Coach in it's past form. I was suggesting a "playable version" of that game, using it's platform as a build.

Online football gaming vs User vs. CPU are never going to be the same experience. Tying these two game modes together has set both franchise mode and gameplay back.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Ahh, the complaint is about the moderating. I'm out then.

I thought I asked a very specific question based on a specific post that still has gone unanswered but that explains why. Fair enough.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #21
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Ahh, the complaint is about the moderating. I'm out then.

I thought I asked a very specific question based on a specific post that still has gone unanswered but that explains why. Fair enough.
Sorry, thought I answered it. I guess it wasnít what you wanted to hear, so I just get a snarky comment that Iím not answering you. Fair enough. Iím out then.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Sorry, thought I answered it. I guess it wasn’t what you wanted to hear, so I just get a snarky comment that I’m not answering you. Fair enough. I’m out then.
You never answered this question:

How would someone who understand's MUT but still isn't interested in it have their opinion regarding MUT resources change?

That is the question I asked, you haven't answered that at all and that was your initial insinuation.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #23
Rookie

I got into UT once a couple years ago. I can see why i COULD be fun. But it's not. Grinding is like work.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #24
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Does that been bubblegum machines are gambling? I cannot stand orange flavored gum, so I am "gambling" when I put my quarter in. Was I gambling when I bought baseball cards as a kid? Crackerjacks? PS+ and XBL Gold are surely gambling, because who knows what games you getting each month, right?

And if MUT is gambling, they are doing a crap job of it. The slots in Vegas do a much better job of giving you a big win just often enough to keep you playing. The mega cards are so rare, most people never see them. You don't get there by buying packs, but by earning gold to buy them from others. I examine the different options of how to trade in or sell cards and try to maximize my coins. I have never opened a pack hoping this was my chance at a 97 OVR player.
The concept of gambling, which is placing money down with the chance to get a desired outcome, is what many are saying MUT revolves around. A few countries have already banned the practice. It really isn't an individual case as far as how you or I may feel about it. It comes down to where it fits within laws.

I entertain the chance that since trading cards are a popular and accepted form of gambling in the US society, that MUT style transactions will be safe for awhile. If not, cosmetic packs and specific card packs will make the scene.

I generally avoid packs and work the auction house; buying low and selling high, while also playing the solos. Though I have purchased packs before.

The key position used by opponents of the MUT style micro-transactions is that minors play these games of chance.

I personally like salary cap in MUT and I would encourage any who haven't tried it to give it a go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »