Home

Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

This is a discussion on Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That's very true, but CDProjekt Red actually took the time to release an official response to it, so I figure it's a special case. And if you read the complaints, a lot of them contain complaints similar to "management constantly changing goals," which probably translates to "what you're making isn't good enough so make it better," coming from the other view point.
I was looking at Glassdoor a few years ago researching a company I considered to interview me and already reached out to me with a phone interview. The company had a 3 star rating, but I looked over all the complaints and good stuff. The company answered most of all the complaints, so, that could be good or bad. To me, they want to minimize the complaints. And the reason why I came to that conclusion is because they had an inordinate amount of current employees make glowing statement.

I called a few associates I knew that worked their and they confirmed the negative folks, so, I decided to back out.

Just saying, each situation could be different. We know there is some type of burnout in the software industry and it's not that much different across the board in different industries.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #58
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Hasn't this whole post been proven untrue? Everything that even the Madden team themselves have stated is that Franchise is BY FAR the most popular game mode.

I never stated or implied differently in my post.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #59
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
WTF happened here? lol. I'm trying to follow your logic here but I having a hard time. In the first quoted post I think you are saying because people play MUT and it's successful, that means it's good quality. I beg to differ because it's in a rigged market, MUT and the game as a whole's "success" could simply be because people feel it's better than nothing, in relation to NFL gaming.
I'm not necessarily saying it's high quality, I'm pointing out that largely speaking, the folks declaring MUT/H2H/Draft Champs/anything except CFM to be 'poor quality' aren't its target audience and are mixing up personal taste with objective quality. The MUT crowd is much, much larger than the hardcore sim crowd, and this is generally a forum for sim fanatics. So it's easy to see why this kind of groupthink takes hold, this thread is a great example: investment in MUT = proof that EA doesn't care about quality! Obviously this isn't everyone here, but a number of posts in this thread are pushing this narrative implicitly or explicitly.

In business terms, MUT players are Madden's best customers. EA has put a lot of resources into building out the experience of its best, most valuable customers.

High level, imagine that's all you knew about a company's resource investments for a given year. Think of how you'd treat this sentence if you stripped out he letters EA and had no idea it was about Madden:

"Acme Corp has put a lot of resources into building out the experience of its best, most valuable customers."

That's not something some folks on a simulation sports forum will enjoy reading when it's so much easier to vilify EA as faceless, stupid & callous "suits" who completely ignore their customer base. There are probably kernels of truth in that, I'm not necessarily a fan of EA. But the piling on here can become a completely one-sided echo chamber at times.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #60
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
That doesn't explain CDProjekt Red, another billion dollar company, whose leaders pissed off employees due to their high standards and as a result got slammed on Glassdoor after they left.

Two sides to every story. I would generally take anything from a disgruntled ex-employee complaining about a company on Glassdoor with a grain of salt, as has been pointed out in this thread.

But if you don't take a CEO essentially saying "It's not my fault, people mostly leave our company because we are too good" with that same grain of salt, then I've got some property to sell ya.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #61
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
While on one hand you're right, on the other you're missing a key component: they only have to make Franchise functional. They don't have to make it something truly special. Why? The NFL License. So they keep their farm of potential MUT suckers, without having to blow the socks off of the fish in that farm with Franchise Mode, because the NFL already does that for them.

It's a sad reality.
Losing the NFL license won't guarantee a better game or true competition. There are many barriers a company would face in attempting to create an NFL licensed game that could compete at the Madden level.

No one is truly competing against MLB The Show, for example. There are also plenty of complaints about The Show. But it's still the best game.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-08-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #62
MVP

Doesn't the NFL insist on exclusivity?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #63
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Doesn't the NFL insist on exclusivity?
From what I recall, and I obviously could be wrong, the NFL was the initial mover towards creating an exclusive deal. Considering the NFL has shown a tendency for exclusive agreements, I would tend to lean towards the NFL desiring a similar deal in teh video game industry.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #64
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
With all the money they are making off MUT you would think they would use some of it to overhaul animations and player movement, overhaul the AI, add mouth pieces, redo player models, add dynamic weather, and add more camera angles. Their is a lot of stuff that can be improved on field that doesnt threaten to taken attention away from their precious MUT mode.

That stuff would actually improve MUT. My problem with the mode (and the game in general) is that it doesnít look like the NFL. When I see Russel Wilson, Tom Brady, whoever-they donít have any signature look or moves. So I get a Barry Sanders on my MUT squad. Big deal. He doesnít look like Barry, he doesnít move like Barry, heís just some character kind of rated like Barry in a game where ratings arenít nearly as important as the need to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »