Home

Biggest rebuilds for M19?

This is a discussion on Biggest rebuilds for M19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 05-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Biggest rebuilds for M19?

"So now you have to figure out HB, WR, OL, DE, DT, LB, and CB"

HB: Drake (5 YPC), Gore (Who wouldn't take him as a secondary option), Ballage
WR: Stills, Parker, and Amendola are a better starting group than half the rest of their division
OL: Question marks at C and RG, Sitton should make a difference.
DE: Wake, Quinn, Hayes, Harris, Branch. Where's the weakness?
DT: Godchaux, Phillips, Spence is a solid rotation. No starpower, but not exactly a gaping hole in the middle of the D-Line
LB: Questions about Kiko, and depth, but adding Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker isn't nothing.
CB: Our corners are serviceable, nothing special. More firepower would be welcome, but Jones/Fitzpatrick deep alleviates some pressure.

While the Fins (call me a homer all you want) do have some holes that need plugging, I disagree with the notion that they are the worst team in the league. Let me remind you the Colts starting QB can't even throw a football right now. I'm not saying they are playoff contenders, from from it, but I gotta call BS when I see it.

Last edited by TheOncomingStorm; 05-12-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm

WR: Stills, Parker, and Amendola are a better starting group than half the rest of their division
DT: Godchaux, Phillips, Spence is a solid rotation. No starpower, but not exactly a gaping hole in the middle of the D-Line
LB: Questions about Kiko, and depth, but adding Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker isn't nothing.
CB: Our corners are serviceable, nothing special. More firepower would be welcome, but Jones/Fitzpatrick deep alleviates some pressure.

While the Fins (call me a homer all you want) do have some holes that need plugging, I disagree with the notion that they are the worst team in the league. Let me remind you the Colts starting QB can't even throw a football right now. I'm not saying they are playoff contenders, from from it, but I gotta call BS when I see it.
Definitely not wanting to argue. I agree the Colts are in bad shape, can definitely see them as being worst. Fins are at the very least bottom 5 IMO, but I still think they may have the #1 pick next year.

We have differing perspectives on some of the players you referenced, but I don't want to get into the details. Some of their best talent from 18 is gone and Tannehill is trying to make a comeback.....it'll be a challenging season.

Because of that, they are one of the most interesting teams for CFM to me.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:

Word. I'd say jury's out on Drake since he only carried 133x last season, but questions at 2/5 of the OL isn't insignificant. Wake is a legit rush threat. Maybe Quinn returns to old form, maybe he doesn't, so I see that as a wash. Outside of Wake and Suh, the D didn't rush the passer well last year. Maybe that changes drastically now that Wake is a year older and Suh is gone, but maybe it doesn't.

The DBs being serviceable may be true, but serviceable with little pass rush turns into problematic pretty quickly. And you're basically starting 2 rookies at LB with Raekwon's redshirt injury year and the actual rookie. Kiko seems to be on the descent rather than the ascent career-wise.

That aside, I was looking primarily at the Madden roster, and basically nobody on offense is significantly above league average in terms of ratings. That spells trouble to me, but maybe their ratings come in higher in M19, IDK.

On defense, I'm guessing Quinn and Jones will be rated above league average up front, along with Jones in the secondary. Everyone else will likely have league average of below ratings in M19, which means very few favorable matchups across the board.

I'm also factoring in that I play on AM with some pretty tough sliders, so if you have a mediocre team and don't have some clear matchup advantages that you can work regularly, it gets really hard to move the ball or stop an offense. If you play on AP with sliders that provide a moderate challenge, you could probably do something with MIA.

All that said, I think the Colts are a big challenge too, though Madden won't replicate the real life health concerns of Luck in-game so that's a moot point. They are a bit of a train wreck at many positions, but in Madden-land, you at least have the QB position figured out, which is the most important thing, whereas you can't say that for MIA.

I think folks looking for a challenge might find one with either team, though I'd argue that your defense of MIA is a bit homer-ish

I do wish your lads well, though, and I hope they prove me wrong. I like Gase and I like some players on that team. I want Minkah to do well, as well as that rookie TE. I also really like Wake and Jones as players. I hope Quinn has a career resurgence.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #20
Rookie

rncws1984's Arena

Quote:

I traded Kiko,Phillips,Parker,branch,wake in my 18 franchise rebuilt with draft picks also shipped out tannehill and got a new QB with a little quick development trait also a new franchise RB with super star development and signed Johnson in free agency to run along drake and the new RB who I renamed ballage got a future to look forward to in the game now also got a TE with Quick development

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #21
MVP

They aren't the biggest rebuild, but the Steelers will need some retooling, now and in the near future. Le'Veon Bell must be resigned immediately if you want to keep him, Ben could retire after 1-2 years, and you won't have Shazier on defense anymore which is huge. I hope the sub defenses can hold up ok against 11 personnel runs next year or the Steelers might be bad on D.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »