Home

Stopping scrambling AI qbs

This is a discussion on Stopping scrambling AI qbs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Stopping scrambling AI qbs

First off I play no switch defense. I can't for the life of me stop the qb when he scrambles. Tyrod taylor is the worst, over 120 yards and a td in both games against him this year. Yes, I have the crappy jets but still. How do you people go about stopping them? I try contain and sometimes a spy when I can afford to give up a player for it. Also doesn't help that no one on my d even knows he's scrambling until he's already past the line of scrimmage but thats a Madden thing I guess.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Stopping scrambling AI qbs

You have a few options pre-play to minimize the running threat of scrambling QBs:

- QB Spy
- DL Contain adjustment
- Conservative pass rush coaching adjustment

During a play, you have access the spy crash mechanic. To trigger spy crash, press R3. The nearest CPU-controlled player in a spy or zone assignment will blitz the QB.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
First off I play no switch defense. I can't for the life of me stop the qb when he scrambles. Tyrod taylor is the worst, over 120 yards and a td in both games against him this year. Yes, I have the crappy jets but still. How do you people go about stopping them? I try contain and sometimes a spy when I can afford to give up a player for it. Also doesn't help that no one on my d even knows he's scrambling until he's already past the line of scrimmage but thats a Madden thing I guess.

Change his trait to balanced instead of mobile in the player edit screen 1 and the last screen. That is if you think hes scrambling too much. He will still run, but cuts the scramble attempts in half, atleast on All Madden.

Playing:
Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Change his trait to balanced instead of mobile in the player edit screen 1 and the last screen. That is if you think hes scrambling too much. He will still run, but cuts the scramble attempts in half, atleast on All Madden.
I will try this. It sounds like the best idea. Ive been getting destroyed by tyrod taylor and cam Newton lol

Old 05-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
I will try this. It sounds like the best idea. Ive been getting destroyed by tyrod taylor and cam Newton lol

Yeah, give it a try along with this other techniques. Definitely clicking R3, but I dont think its as responsive as it should be, but it helps. I think when they patched QB scrambling they used something from NCAA because mobiles take off in the same mannner & frequency.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yeah, give it a try along with this other techniques. Definitely clicking R3, but I dont think its as responsive as it should be, but it helps. I think when they patched QB scrambling they used something from NCAA because mobiles take off in the same mannner & frequency.
Last game I tried breaking the no switch rule just on an scrambles and switching to the closest player but I suck at playing d and it hardly turn out good.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #7
MVP

Why in the world would you have a no switch rule? The game is designed for you to click on and make a play.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Why in the world would you have a no switch rule? The game is designed for you to click on and make a play.
"No-switch" guys play that way because it's their opinion that allowing the CPU players as much of their own autonomy as possible will make the players on the field play truest to their ratings. It's purely a "sim" thing. The style was popularized in the PS2 games when rocket catching / "mossing" was still a thing and lower-rated guys like Brian Finneran could dominate people.

Tiburon has actively discouraged no-switch recently via adding mechanics which add user benefits for assuming control, such as the various WR catch controls introduced in Madden 15 and the Ball Hawk mechanic on defense (also introduced in M15, IIRC).

There's still a small contingent of people who prefer to play no-switch, however, and that's neither right nor wrong. No-switch players might have a harder time winning in online ranked given how the game is built now, but they most likely weren't playing online ranked anyway. No-switch players tend to seek out like-minded opponents in unranked games and online leagues. It's how they prefer to enjoy the game, and I don't fault them for that one bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »