Home

If Madden 20 was 100+ GB, would that fix all the issues?

This is a discussion on If Madden 20 was 100+ GB, would that fix all the issues? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
BSK
Rookie

OVR: 0
If Madden 20 was 100+ GB, would that fix all the issues?

Madden has lingering issues, and has made a transition to current-gen. A PS4 Pro has a default hard drive size of 1000 GB = 1 TB. A Bluray disc has a capacity of ~50 GB. I wonder with all the lingering issues we all have with the game, if disk capacity is an issue for the development team? Do you think if by 2020 Madden would be double disc release, that would be enough space to add all the features, animations, and logic to produce a true football simulation?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Re: If Madden 20 was 100+ GB, would that fix all the issues?

No.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 05-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
BSK
Rookie

If Madden 20 had a $19.99 NCAA 14 type of Time Saver dlc that would globally unlock aspects of the franchise mode, would that solve your concerns about franchise moving forward? Like a developer mode of a mobile app.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #4
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

While I see what you are trying to get at, I'm not sure it's of any real concern. The goal of course is to always produce the game at the smallest size, for obvious reasons. But with new gen consoles like the ps4 and xbox one, that sort of thing really isn't an obstacle. We already have day one patches, and with many games, mandatory hard drive installations in order to function properly. It wouldn't be hard for madden to issue a day one patch(which is normal anyway) to fill in all the missing stuff on the disk. THe reason we don't see improvements with the "legacy" issues, is because of the nature of yearly title releases. When you have code that is being patched and reworked over and over and over and over and over and over..... Even the programmers are going to struggle to figure out what's going on where. Until the code is redone, from the base up, these things are going to continue to be a problem, no matter how much space they have to work with.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSK
If Madden 20 had a $19.99 NCAA 14 type of Time Saver dlc that would globally unlock aspects of the franchise mode, would that solve your concerns about franchise moving forward? Like a developer mode of a mobile app.

I also don't see money being an issue. They make a ton of money on the UT modes. They have the funds to produce a different full scale game for every mode in madden at the moment if they really wanted to, and it wouldn't budge their bank. Now, if the idea is that they are collecting extra money for franchise mode, just like they do with ultimate team mode, then yes, perhaps having a fee would help improve the mode, because it would be seen as more profitable.

However, then we start running into issues of, why am I paying 60$ for a game that I also have to pay 20 dollars for said gamemode, and spend money on card packs for the other game mode, and so on and so forth. At that point, we might as well just separate them, and make franchise mode a persistent mode that we pay a subscription fee for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This question has been brought up many times through this forum and the answer is, in this case, size doesn't matter.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This question has been brought up many times through this forum and the answer is, in this case, size doesn't matter.
It doesn't? (Japanese gum commercial. Watch it... and prepare your sides)
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 05-08-2018, 04:40 AM   #8
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If your opinion of a fixed Madden 20 includes an 80-hour Longshot story with a fully-voiced script and a vast open world powered by Frostbite with hundreds of voiced NPCs for no apparent reason, then sure 100+ GB would fix Madden.

Otherwise, probably not. That's not how game development works. Disk space is almost purely content - textures, audio, 3D geometry, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »