Home

Running the Football-Does Anybody Know

This is a discussion on Running the Football-Does Anybody Know within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 PM   #17
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Running the Football-Does Anybody Know

I also have played quite a bit on All-Madden and have noticed my rushing totals improve when I made my offensive line a focus in building my team as well as making sure I had a fullback leading the holes open and a balanced offensive attack. Don't be afraid to use your RB out of the backfield as well. The passing game to your backs can substitute for runs sometimes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I've always operated under the assumption that BCV was important for helping players navigate traffic without bumping into bodies and getting stuck on the backs of blockers.

That said, aside form the ratings of backs, I find that Madden rewards actually having a good OL/TE/FB in pretty realistic ways. If you have the hosses up front and call plays to their strengths, you don't have to put as much of an emphasis on having a world-beater at HB, though of course, that always helps.

To get more specific, I tend to prefer really athletic players at OT who can block the wide zone plays and the counter and toss plays where the T leads.

If you use a zone scheme, I think a back with good BCV and ACCEL is really all you need. I don't think they necessarily have to have great SPD or TRUCK or even JMV/SPMV.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I wont run with a HB with ACC lower than 90. I just never get anything out of those who don't. Someone in my online CFM called me an acceleracist though, so there's that.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Curious as to running back preferences. Surprised to see the interest in slower Power back types.

I play on all-pro with some slider modifications including speed threshold. I use speed backs - typically at 93 speed or better, 90+ accel and then develop JMV and SPV. In this setting I’d take a 70 ovr HB with high speed rating over a slower Power back with a higher OVR. Even before our league adjusted speed threshold this was my preference. I’ve never gotten much out of the Power back types.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

When you're in the upgrade screen on the right hand side it will tell you what rating gets you the elite level moves for things like juking, trucking, spin. I always try to get a HB up to at least one of those.

Also, I don't bother upgrading anything affected by confidence beyond 96-97 as you should be able to max them out with confidence by the end of the season rather than wasting a massive amount of XP to get to 98 or 99.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »