Home

Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

This is a discussion on Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

I was playing Madden 18 online yesterday. And it went like this ...

I had the Vikings, opponent had the Falcons.

Opening drive, Falcons up 7-0.

My first drive, nothing.

Next Falcons drive, 2 plays, another touchdown.

Then Falcons score again. Not 2 minutes off the game clock in the 1st quarter, opponent is winning 21-0.

So I go into “whatever” mode. Letting the cpu call and play the defense, as I’m outclassed.

Next possession, I punt on 1st down. Hoping Madden’s history of having bad things happen to good players (my opponent, not me) jinxes him, to help me out and make things competitive. Madden has a history of cpu interceptions or fumbles happening, to benefit the player who is losing.

Opponent scores the next play, now he’s up 28-0.

As the 2nd quarter is about to start, Madden asks me, because I’m getting blown out and I’m outmatched, if I want to concede.

I say no.

I decide to make this a learning experience, zoom out on the field all the way, to watch the mastery of my opponent, hoping to learn a thing or two.

He scores again, now he’s up 35-0.

I asked my opponent for a friendly quit.

He says no.

It’s gotten so ridiculous, I want to see if I can lose 100-0. So on my next possession, I punt on 1st down...

And there is my phantom turnover. He messed up the surprise punt. So I have the ball on his 35.

Now, do I bother to try to score, or at least get into position to kick a field goal, and get on the board?

Absolutely not. I’m on a quest to lose 100-0.

So, for the next 4 plays, my QB takes a knee. And I wait until the play clock is almost all the way down to snap the ball.

Now, it’s his ball at his own 40.

He drives down the field, and scores another touchdown.
Now he’s up 42-0.

Because he’s scoring so fast, and I’m having the CPU call all my defensive plays, we are half way into the 2nd quarter, and the game has almost taken as long as it takes a full game to run.

My opponent pauses the game, and asks me if I want a friendly quit.

I say no...I’m out to lose 100-0!

I punt on first down with my next “drive.”

My opponent drives down the field. Then, a gift from the CPU.

Interception. On the goal line.

The interception is run back by my defensive player for 100 yards, and a touchdown.

Darn it, now I’m on the board.

Score is now 42-7, in favor of my opponent.

There’s a little over a minute left in the second quarter.

Then, my opponent decides to let the clock run out on him, and take a 5 yard delay of game penalty...Not by walking up to the line of scrimmage and not taking the snap, or making a mistake.

He never called the play.

He does this twice in a row.

I’m waiting to see if he does it a third time in a row, but he decides to call a play. So I let my computer defense call a play, and I wait to see what happens.

He continues to call plays, and slowly drives down the field. But my CPU defense is playing a lot better now, causing him problems.

I call time out when he tries hurry-up offense for my CPU defense to regroup. It drags the game out that much longer.

We’re now at the point where the game has gone on so long, we could have played 1 1/2 games at this point...but we still have under a minute in the second quarter.

Eventually, there is an offensive play to be called by him...and he doesn’t call it.

Then a prompt by Madden that he’s been kicked from the game due to excessive grieving.

So, my quest to lose the game 100-0, or, actually, 100-7, was ruined by my opponent abandoning the game.

How dare he. I didn’t quit. But he did ... in my moment of glory.

I really wanted to add the massive loss statistic to my arsenal of Madden moments, but I got robbed!










Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by apollo1980; 05-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.
apollo1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
KmK
Pro
 
KmK's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2003
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

What in the hell did I just read?


To each his own I guess.
__________________
Proud supporter of the...

LA Kings
San Diego Chargers
San Diego Padres
LA Clippers
UCLA Bruins
KmK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie
 
33JAF's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

This is why I stay away from online gaming. And no, I'm not talking about your opponent.
33JAF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

I laughed, but really your mama ought to slap you for that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
I was playing Madden 18 online yesterday. And it went like this ...

I had the Vikings, opponent had the Falcons.

Opening drive, Falcons up 7-0.

My first drive, nothing.

Next Falcons drive, 2 plays, another touchdown.

Then Falcons score again. Not 2 minutes off the game clock in the 1st quarter, opponent is winning 21-0.

So I go into “whatever” mode. Letting the cpu call and play the defense, as I’m outclassed.

Next possession, I punt on 1st down. Hoping Madden’s history of having bad things happen to good players (my opponent, not me) jinxes him, to help me out and make things competitive. Madden has a history of cpu interceptions or fumbles happening, to benefit the player who is losing.

Opponent scores the next play, now he’s up 28-0.

As the 2nd quarter is about to start, Madden asks me, because I’m getting blown out and I’m outmatched, if I want to concede.

I say no.

I decide to make this a learning experience, zoom out on the field all the way, to watch the mastery of my opponent, hoping to learn a thing or two.

He scores again, now he’s up 35-0.

I asked my opponent for a friendly quit.

He says no.

It’s gotten so ridiculous, I want to see if I can lose 100-0. So on my next possession, I punt on 1st down...

And there is my phantom turnover. He messed up the surprise punt. So I have the ball on his 35.

Now, do I bother to try to score, or at least get into position to kick a field goal, and get on the board?

Absolutely not. I’m on a quest to lose 100-0.

So, for the next 4 plays, my QB takes a knee. And I wait until the play clock is almost all the way down to snap the ball.

Now, it’s his ball at his own 40.

He drives down the field, and scores another touchdown.
Now he’s up 42-0.

Because he’s scoring so fast, and I’m having the CPU call all my defensive plays, we are half way into the 2nd quarter, and the game has almost taken as long as it takes a full game to run.

My opponent pauses the game, and asks me if I want a friendly quit.

I say no...I’m out to lose 100-0!

I punt on first down with my next “drive.”

My opponent drives down the field. Then, a gift from the CPU.

Interception. On the goal line.

The interception is run back by my defensive player for 100 yards, and a touchdown.

Darn it, now I’m on the board.

Score is now 42-7, in favor of my opponent.

There’s a little over a minute left in the second quarter.

Then, my opponent decides to let the clock run out on him, and take a 5 yard delay of game penalty...Not by walking up to the line of scrimmage and not taking the snap, or making a mistake.

He never called the play.

He does this twice in a row.

I’m waiting to see if he does it a third time in a row, but he decides to call a play. So I let my computer defense call a play, and I wait to see what happens.

He continues to call plays, and slowly drives down the field. But my CPU defense is playing a lot better now, causing him problems.

I call time out when he tries hurry-up offense for my CPU defense to regroup. It drags the game out that much longer.

We’re now at the point where the game has gone on so long, we could have played 1 1/2 games at this point...but we still have under a minute in the second quarter.

Eventually, there is an offensive play to be called by him...and he doesn’t call it.

Then a prompt by Madden that he’s been kicked from the game due to excessive grieving.

So, my quest to lose the game 100-0, or, actually, 100-7, was ruined by my opponent abandoning the game.

How dare he. I didn’t quit. But he did ... in my moment of glory.

I really wanted to add the massive loss statistic to my arsenal of Madden moments, but I got robbed!










Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would have quit the moment you punted on first down. I have zero tolerance for unsim bs in Madden. I don’t care if I was beating the number 1 ranked player in the world by 100 points. The second he punts on first down, I’m out.

In fact, if I was ever beating someone they badly and they refused a friendly quit, I’d quit, as if 100-7 is sim...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 05:27 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
In fact, if I was ever beating someone they badly and they refused a friendly quit, I’d quit, as if 100-7 is sim...

That’s the point. This game flat out isn’t sim. It’s garbage.




Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
apollo1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2015
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
That’s the point. This game flat out isn’t sim. It’s garbage.




Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What point were you trying to prove from losing on purpose. Seems like huge waste of time
Focus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #8
Pro
 
briz1046's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Re: Losing online 42-7, but I still “win” the game

If you insist on doing this type of s**t at least do it offline against the CPU or a friend rather than ruin somebody else's experience
briz1046 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Top -