Home

If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #49
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Could you imagine the Titans running Four Verticals on every play?
I mean, if you read my post you know that wasn't what I was getting at.

For the sake of argument, though - if you keep calling defenses which can be exploited by four verts and make no attempt to disguise your coverages, shouldn't the CPU learn your obvious play calling tendencies and take advantage of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Take MUT out of the equation and you’re halfway there to a decent football game.
The amount of salt in this community directed at a single mode in a video game is something else.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #50
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

The amount of salt in this community directed at a single mode in a video game is something else.
Lmao. This was funny.The MUT hate is real.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #51
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I mean, if you read my post you know that wasn't what I was getting at.

1. No need to get snarky, dude.

2. In some cases, the salt is justified. Most of the Sim guys here are from Madden 04, 05, 06 and so on and so forth. It’s safe to say that Franchise has taken two steps backwards in the years since and many people point to MUT. Think about it. MUT Squads were introduced this year. Franchise was left untouched. New MUT Moments were introduced, along with new packs, new cards, etc. Franchise was left untouched.

A lot of the roads that lead to Franchise’s falling off go through MUTville, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Franchise has been a letdown since the move to ps3/360. Can't blame that on MUT
Old 05-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #53
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Why is in-depth, dynamic, situational, team specific playcalling not one of these guys list? Arguably one of the simplest feature fixes with a HUGE impact.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #54
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

MUT has been wrongfully convicted. The mode has some very redeeming qualities and a change of pace in game play styles. Salary cap is very challenging, IMO of course.

If people are under the impressions that without MUT we would have some all encompassing, robust CFM, I would have to say, you would not. MUT is a mode based off innovation and progression of the video gaming industry.

MUT brings the game into realms where CFM could not enter. Esports is not for CFM. My Dynasty or My Career, etc. are not Esport material. Esports is a global event. American Football, not so much.. But, bringing american football into the global market is something EA and the NFL are very driven to do.

Bashing MUT will not solve anything.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
MUT has been wrongfully convicted. The mode has some very redeeming qualities and a change of pace in game play styles. Salary cap is very challenging, IMO of course.

If people are under the impressions that without MUT we would have some all encompassing, robust CFM, I would have to say, you would not. MUT is a mode based off innovation and progression of the video gaming industry.

MUT brings the game into realms where CFM could not enter. Esports is not for CFM. My Dynasty or My Career, etc. are not Esport material. Esports is a global event. American Football, not so much.. But, bringing american football into the global market is something EA and the NFL are very driven to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
What people miss here is that MUT is very simple. It doesn't really require much attention, except that attention that will be shared (online, online cfm).

EA isn't going to suddenly start redirecting everyone toward MUT. It doesn't really work that way. If you dumped every resource into CFM, you'd very quickly see diminishing returns because it's such a small, self-contained mode. There's like 2 or 3 designers (actually, a development director/producer, a lead designer, and an assistant producer) and a dozen or so engineers on it. The UI team is shared, so that's not really relevant, plus CFM just needs UI templates, they can build their own data.

The things that have taken the focus away from CFM have been Longshot, redoing commentary, and engine upgrades, not MUT. MUT is a drop in the bucket as far as resources. That's why they love it so much; huge revenue for minimal investment. Marketing is going to focus on MUT, but the less marketing gets their hands on other areas of the game, the better for us anyways.
I disagree with the position that MUT critics don't have a reason to resent the mode due to what's lacking in CFM. In addition to the fact that I don't understand why anyone would want to play a mode where player differential seems central, in a game with poor player differential, it irked me that something like "Chemistry" would be included in MUT but not CFM. Then I did a search about MUT and found this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...ultimate-team/

Generally speaking, it's frustrating to see such a focus and admission of depth for MUT, that EA Tib seems to either downplay or not prioritize in Franchise mode. Again, I'm speaking generally, in CFM I would want more NFL based depth but the point is EA clearly understands the merit of depth in a game mode yet it's severally lacking in CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #56
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

The thing is, Madden doesn’t just make MUT; Franchise is and has been a fairly big staple in the Madden games. I agree with the fact that “bashing” MUT won’t solve anything.

But when one game mode overtakes another as far as content and innovation, that’s cause for concern in my opinion. With no offense intended to anyone who plays it, MUT feels like fantasy football for 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »