Home

If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #57
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If You Were in Charge of Madden: What Is Your Five-Year Plan (Roundtable)

Totally revamp player movement and animations, remove all Qb drop-back and pocket movement animations, remove all canned animations and running animations, go 100 percent physics. Rip out all old animations that have been in the game for years and replace them with new physics based ones. 80 percent of the budget will go towards that area of the game.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:54 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Opinions may change in 3 weeks, let's hope so.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:16 AM   #59
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
MUT has been wrongfully convicted. The mode has some very redeeming qualities and a change of pace in game play styles. Salary cap is very challenging, IMO of course.

If people are under the impressions that without MUT we would have some all encompassing, robust CFM, I would have to say, you would not. MUT is a mode based off innovation and progression of the video gaming industry.

MUT brings the game into realms where CFM could not enter. Esports is not for CFM. My Dynasty or My Career, etc. are not Esport material. Esports is a global event. American Football, not so much.. But, bringing american football into the global market is something EA and the NFL are very driven to do.

Bashing MUT will not solve anything.
Yeah but your post is somewhat contradictory (only under the assumption of limited resources to spend on designers).

If MUT and not CFM is the mode that will help usher Madden into the esports world, and since both are primarily controlled by designers, it seems contradictory to claim that one would not effect the other, if only that one could have more people working on them if one were ignored.

But the rest of your comment is right, I think.

But CFM is a secondary concern. The real problem is GAME PLAY, and MUT doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with it. EA/Tiburon is just as capable of rewarding MUT players who play realistically (by designing a game that more closely mimics the NFL) than rewarding them with cheese (by designing a game that takes willful effort on the user in order to mimic the NFL).

Franchise needs work, but it still all comes down to game play and whether or not the game looks and feels like the NFL (which is also why graphics, animations, and player interactions are also crucial).

To me, those are the most crucial issues. Adding more to Franchise would be fun, but I’d prefer a better, more realistic playing and better looking game than a better Franchise mode.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #60
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but your post is somewhat contradictory (only under the assumption of limited resources to spend on designers).

If MUT and not CFM is the mode that will help usher Madden into the esports world, and since both are primarily controlled by designers, it seems contradictory to claim that one would not effect the other, if only that one could have more people working on them if one were ignored.

But the rest of your comment is right, I think.

But CFM is a secondary concern. The real problem is GAME PLAY, and MUT doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with it. EA/Tiburon is just as capable of rewarding MUT players who play realistically (by designing a game that more closely mimics the NFL) than rewarding them with cheese (by designing a game that takes willful effort on the user in order to mimic the NFL).

Franchise needs work, but it still all comes down to game play and whether or not the game looks and feels like the NFL (which is also why graphics, animations, and player interactions are also crucial).

To me, those are the most crucial issues. Adding more to Franchise would be fun, but I’d prefer a better, more realistic playing and better looking game than a better Franchise mode.

One thing will always affect another. Opportunity Cost.

MUT and its exposure to the Esport and television consumers affects all parts of the game. The game, to be consumable as a spectator product needs to be clean in its game play, logic, animations, graphics etc etc.

M18 showed a lot of visual holes on live broadcast. Those errors cannot be allowed to continue. So the game will improve in a number of ways to create a more fluid game, which will affect all game modes in a positive way.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:25 AM   #61
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Just played a game that absolutely infuriated me, and I seldom get mad over video games. A bit long, but it gets somewhere, I promise.

This game showcased how absolutely broken M18 is/can be.

In my CFM as a RB with the Packers, we were up against the Patriots. Down 45-38, a good game up to then. Coach takes me out of the game, for some reason, which is fine. We have :51 seconds an Aaron Rodgers to work with. No timeouts.

When I get back on the field, we’re in no huddle, clock ticking, and for some ungodly reason or another, Aaron Williams is in the QB slot, Aaron Rodgers is in the slot receiver space.

I can’t even hike the ball. I press X, nothing happens. So I let the clock tick down to :00, get the delay of game with :02 left. Five second runoff, game over, right?

Wrong. We have one last play and I call a HB Screen. There’s a Roughing the Passer penalty, but guess what? The game ends anyway!

Those responsible, or at least the majority for gameplay need to get gone. I’m convinced they know very little about the rules; I’ve seen overtime games lost because the team with the ball first kicked a FG and won. On a kickoff, I ran a fumble for a TD that didn’t count.

Unbelievable. I’m so fed up with this game, it’s unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #62
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Just played a game that absolutely infuriated me, and I seldom get mad over video games. A bit long, but it gets somewhere, I promise.

This game showcased how absolutely broken M18 is/can be.

In my CFM as a RB with the Packers, we were up against the Patriots. Down 45-38, a good game up to then. Coach takes me out of the game, for some reason, which is fine. We have :51 seconds an Aaron Rodgers to work with. No timeouts.

When I get back on the field, we’re in no huddle, clock ticking, and for some ungodly reason or another, Aaron Williams is in the QB slot, Aaron Rodgers is in the slot receiver space.

I can’t even hike the ball. I press X, nothing happens. So I let the clock tick down to :00, get the delay of game with :02 left. Five second runoff, game over, right?

Wrong. We have one last play and I call a HB Screen. There’s a Roughing the Passer penalty, but guess what? The game ends anyway!

Those responsible, or at least the majority for gameplay need to get gone. I’m convinced they know very little about the rules; I’ve seen overtime games lost because the team with the ball first kicked a FG and won. On a kickoff, I ran a fumble for a TD that didn’t count.

Unbelievable. I’m so fed up with this game, it’s unreal.

They know the rules. One of them is a former NFL player FFS. They just put that stuff very, very low on the priorities to take care of.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #63
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
They know the rules. One of them is a former NFL player FFS. They just put that stuff very, very low on the priorities to take care of.
They should know the rules, because they can be found online, for one. But being an NFL player does not make one proficient on the subject of rules.

Many players do not even realize that if you step out of bounds while receiving a kickoff, it counts as if the ball itself went out.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:07 AM   #64
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:

I think that’s what makes it so GD frustrating. You can’t have a football game set on Simulation with messed up rules, or rules that don’t align with real life implications. I’m at a crossroads with the franchise, truth be told.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »