Home

Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
I can almost guarantee we will have a sequel. All the resource they could put on gameplay on a story mode no one cares about smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was probably a two year plan when they rolled it out, so you'll probably see it this year then gone next year.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I could see Longshot being an entrance point for Franchise and MUT.

Creating a player in Longshot being an option. Changes made to the original story to allow for failure, which would then lead a path to being a coach.

The player can become a player card in MUT. The player could also flow into CFM and play out his career in an updated franchise mode. After the player career he could become a coach or coordinator. After a coach career he could have the option to become an owner. Minority owner.

I hope to see a more involved "world." Menus should be more 3d. Player contracts, for example, would be on the GM's desk and to view the contracts and make offers would just be a matter of highlighting and clicking the contract pile. (Head Coach stuff).

A game lobby where users can all congregate to and set up games would be nice. COD WW2 has such a feature. This also allows for the display of player avatar cosmetic items like uniforms and weapons in COD. Opens up another world of monetization option having a social platform lobby.

MUT recently finished up their Golden Ticket promo. This promo allowed for the opening of packs for a golden ticket (charlie and the chocolate factory style). Once a user found a golden ticket they could customize a player card to be used in MUT; the custom card would be introduced into packs for all others to potentially acquire.

I believe this promo was a means to test how customization of player cards could work in practice. I have mentioned the idea of allowing users to swap ratings from one card to another, so that there becomes a variety of cards in game that are usable. It would be a one time swapping of ratings and it would destroy the source card. Such a system would reduce the games where we see each team with a Randy Moss and so on....

I believe making MUT teams, and Longshot more "personal" will increase the loyal player base. I believe people will have more focus on their team if they have more freedom to make the team "theirs." Imagine having your own custom likeness in game or on a MUT card?

A solid player creator like in MLB The Show would be great for starters. In MUT I am not sure how the NFL would like user created players being in games that are televised as representing the league. So that could be an issue.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-16-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
It was probably a two year plan when they rolled it out, so you'll probably see it this year then gone next year.
WTH? What a waste of time then. I mean I didn't enjoy it, but if that were to happen, that's pretty sad.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
WTH? What a waste of time then. I mean I didn't enjoy it, but if that were to happen, that's pretty sad.
I'm just going off rumors I have heard. I think the issue was they never truly stopped working on Long Shot, so it was already destined to be in M19 before M18 ever dropped but based on feedback it spelled the end of the line beyond that.

Things can always change though if they take a different direction, big picture wise.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #37
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I'm just going off rumors I have heard. I think the issue was they never truly stopped working on Long Shot, so it was already destined to be in M19 before M18 ever dropped but based on feedback it spelled the end of the line beyond that.

Things can always change though if they take a different direction, big picture wise.
I've always understood the outrage about resources going to LongShot that they could have put into Franchise or a improved SuperStar Mode. But, honestly after playing Longshot, while it was sometimes pretty corny I actually enjoyed it and found it gave me something to do when my regular Madden grind hit a lull.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Longshot is going to become Madden 2nd biggest mode after Franchise

Longshot has huge potential as we see the results 2k has with MyCareer and EA has the cash to make this big.

It's obvious EA doesn't care about franchise anymore so with Longshot we at least get offline mode that will get attention. Maybe Longshot 2 will surprise and be a great mode
Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Longshot is going to become Madden 2nd biggest mode after Franchise

Longshot has huge potential as we see the results 2k has with MyCareer and EA has the cash to make this big.

It's obvious EA doesn't care about franchise anymore so with Longshot we at least get offline mode that will get attention. Maybe Longshot 2 will surprise and be a great mode
I can't get into those mycareer myplayer modes, so I that would suck for me.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Long shot 2- focused only on rookie season. Wade and Colt has to work their way up from 4th string. A lot of drills and training camp. More gameplay but not full games.

CFM-I think it gets a overhaul. But not sure to the extent. More depth.

Gameplay- More animations. Improved QB play, Line Interaction, locomotion.

Not sure I will buy this year. I skipped for years, just renting. I was set on buying it last year before I realized the main 3 selling points were Frostbite, Long Shot, and MUT. I have to be blown away to consider buying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »