Home

Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #65
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
We're so deep into another generation where lifelike player movement, or locomotion, has still yet to be achieved. The same can be said for QB throwing mechanics. Sure, I'll admit that there have been plenty of layers added that make the game look more lifelike, but the core movement and mechanics still don't look natural or anything like what we'd expect from a game running at Madden's desired fidelity.
I would be absolutely shocked if locomotion weren't upgraded this year. It was a priority in both FIFA and UFC. Having purchased FIFA and seeing their side of the upgrades, it does make the game look noticeably better. You're still not watching real soccer. But, it looks good and there are moments where it seems awfully close. Madden will probably move along the same lines for '19.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #66
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
I think obviously MUT and Longshot will get a good amount of attention again. And I have a feeling Madden will take the 2k route and implement a form of VC to purchase things in every mode to help boost profits. MUT will be the focus of using the currency. But gameplay wise, Madden likes to keep up with trends in the NFL so i’ll take a few guesses based on that:

1. Celebrations will be a thing again. “All-New Individual and Team celebrations” will be added to keep in line with all the fun we witnessed last season.

2. Year of the pass rusher. There hasn’t really been a focus on pass rushing before that i’m sure of aside from the implementation of button mashing A or X to shed blocks. But that was never really solely intended for pass rushing. I think this year, after having teams drool over elite pass rushers in recent drafts, that they add a new gameplay control to utilize PR abilities. Instead of just spamming A or X to shed a block there will be new controls to steer, spin off, bull rush or swim by OL.

Can’t think of anything else they’d add. It’ll be a few CFM additions, focus on MUT and longshot, and a couple gameplay additions (even though celebrations has not much to do with gameplay).
1/2 not bad 🤣🤣🤣
Old 05-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #67
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

So far, I've gotten the draft classes and player motion right in my guess. Not too bad.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
So far, I've gotten the draft classes and player motion right in my guess. Not too bad.

Dude. You should definitely play the lottery tonight lol. The chances of you getting that particular feature word for word is crazy!
Old 05-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #69
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Dude. You should definitely play the lottery tonight lol. The chances of you getting that particular feature word for word is crazy!
Maybe EA needs a new team member...

Old 05-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #70
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

Franchise:

1. Coordinators but not extremely fleshed out. This has seemed to be near the top of the devs list for the last few years but they never get to it. I think this is the year. I felt like they dropped a few subtle hints at this in the blog.

2. New player development system. They mentioned "Intuitive progression system" in the blog. Crossing my fingers for no more xp. Im hoping they go the 2k or MLB The Show route for progression.

3. Deeper contract negotiations, restructuring contracts, 5th year rookie options. They mentioned "more authentic ways to build an NFL roster". I think any of these things are possible with that statement.

4. Relocation is touched. Its been like 4 years since they did anything major with relocation. New cities, uniforms and alternate uniforms seem doable.

5. Longshot is merged into CFM. I think longshot returns but as a CFM Player mode season with cutscenes and stuff.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange

Last edited by DoTheSankeyLeg; 05-25-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: I didn't notice most of the other predictions game before the news.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:18 AM   #71
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Just read a blog from the devs on the Playstation website, here’s the jist:

More ways to take on solo challenges in MUT! User vs. CPU in MUT! More roster customization in MUT!

In CFM, we have archetypes.

Absolutely laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #72
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Madden 19 Feature Set Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Just read a blog from the devs on the Playstation website, here’s the jist:

More ways to take on solo challenges in MUT! User vs. CPU in MUT! More roster customization in MUT!

In CFM, we have archetypes.

Absolutely laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Got it.

So archetypes are penicillin, nuclear, assembly line etc. caliber game changers for CFM players?

That’s got to be the answer. Because 3=1. So the 1 has to be major. Right? Right? Please say I’m right!

Exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »