Home

'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

This is a discussion on 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

Let me just stress right now why this is good news.

Below is a picture of the Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Creative Director

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #34
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

So they hired a guy who has worked on some of the highest-quality, genre-creating, innovative, best designed titles in the history of gaming.

And a few people are still finding a way to spin this as terrible news.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
So they hired a guy who has worked on some of the highest-quality, genre-creating, innovative, best designed titles in the history of gaming.

And a few people are still finding a way to spin this as terrible news.
Because they think everyone on the team needs to be a football guy. Apparently, Madden doesn't need people who know how to make video games.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #36
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Looking at his background, I don't see how he's qualified to oversee the development of a sports game behemoth like Madden. Seems like an odd choice to say the least. (I'm stressing the fact that we're talking about a guy who's never developed a sports game from what I can see).

What happened to the guy who left MLB The Show a few years ago and joined the Madden team? I don't remember his name?
Old 05-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #37
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Because they think everyone on the team needs to be a football guy. Apparently, Madden doesn't need people who know how to make video games.
No it's because, according to what some here have said, his career has involved a lot of esports stuff, and realistic football in Madden seems to not mesh well with what esports-type consumers want. Do you want random defensive holding penalties based on ratings making you lose if you are that type? Nope. If you are an NFL fan who wants an NFL simulation do you want it? Yep.

EDIT- BUT as you said, if Clint just got more power, then that is DEFINITELY a good thing.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 05-16-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #38
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Madden has truly become a wait and see game for me moving forward.

I loved the direction gameplay took starting with M16 and M18 took till February of this year to be playable for me offline. Because of that insanity I am sitting back, enjoying 18 offline now (only took 6 months after release which is horrible) and will stick with it thru Madden 19s release.

Then I will hang here and simply talk to Josh1977 and he will tell me whats up. I know he will pick up 19 (you cant resist brother lol).

I am in the camp of Madden is close....so close yet still not delivering what The Show and 2K does in terms of replicating the sport they represent.

CFM is a whole other conversation as well. But gameplay is close. But I also realize they need to tear down this code and rebuild it. I will be around when they get it hopefully right on the next console generation. I think it is pretty much done for this console cycle. This is what we have. And its not bad....in fact it is the best playing Madden (16 and now fully patched 18) I have experienced. But there are still horrible AI legacy issues and flat out the AI is not that good. Where as in the other sports games I mentioned.....it is vastly superior.

And that leads to what their focus is. Online competitive play and that is from all accounts a great experience on M18.

Offline solo players are not the priority. Hence the poor and quite sterile CPU AI.
i agree i been in to nba2k and mlb the show and the stuff we can do in that game makes madden look very arcade like
Old 05-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #39
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Let me just stress right now why this is good news.

Below is a picture of the Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Creative Director
So Lead Game Play Designer means the the same thing as Gameplay Creative Director? For those of us without inside knowledge it's hard to know sometimes how much decision making power comes with a certain title.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #40
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
So Lead Game Play Designer means the the same thing as Gameplay Creative Director? For those of us without inside knowledge it's hard to know sometimes how much decision making power comes with a certain title.
Creative Director is a specific position responsible for the overall direction of a game. Madden happens to have 2 creative directors, one for game modes and one for gameplay. They are necessarily the "lead designer" because they lead designers, or in other words, direct creativity.

Lead designer isn't a title per-se, it's a general term for whatever designer is heading up a given department or project. For instance, I was technically the "lead designer" for progression on Madden 12, though I was an Assistant Designer at the time. Josh Looman was my lead designer, and his title was Senior Designer. There is no title, "Lead Designer."

The gameplay creative director is the lead designer of the gameplay team.

So one might say, "The lead designer for gameplay is Creative Director Clint Oldenburg."

PS: Save The Expanse!

-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-16-2018 at 08:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »