Home

'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

This is a discussion on 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

This guy's background screams E-sports and micro transactions which...

I fear we may have just lost madden for another 5 or so years. I hope his RPG background plays into creating a more strategic game with realism as it's basis, but I think EA just wants that E-sports money and more cash from MUT.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #58
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That might be even worse. For example, defensive holding? Kiss it good bye for good.

After playing Longshot and giving it serious time. Not because I enjoyed it but because I needed to understand why they spent so much time and money on it. Ill say this, mike Young touching anything madden is not going to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 05-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #59
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
This guy's background screams E-sports and micro transactions which...

I fear we may have just lost madden for another 5 or so years. I hope his RPG background plays into creating a more strategic game with realism as it's basis, but I think EA just wants that E-sports money and more cash from MUT.
Cleary you've never touched any of the games he's worked on. The only game on this list that contains "micro transactions" is World of Warcraft, which honestly has incredibly small amounts of buyable items, most of them revolving around getting a new character boosted to near max level for the current xpack, race/faction changes, and realm changes.

There are no transactions to make you better once you hit max level, which is where the core game is. Skipping leveling is just convenience, and isn't exactly time consuming to the point of forcing you to buy a boost.

Everything else that can be bought is cosmetic.

If they wanted a huge micro-transaction guy, they went with a horrible resume for it.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #60
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I don't expect to see franchise fully monetized as like a DLC style package. But, I do see microtransactions becoming at least a part of it so Ea can make money off of it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a concession Rex was willing to make to get the suits to pay attention to the Sim community.

I'd expect something along the lines of NBA 2k.

"Want a faster developing rookie QB? Get 20,000 XP for $9.99"

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Micro transactions in Franchise is money being left on the table, though that's if EA does it right. It just depends on what people would be willing to buy as Franchise DLC. As long its not something that should be in the mode already, but actually adds to the Franchise experience then it can work.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #61
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Cleary you've never touched any of the games he's worked on. The only game on this list that contains "micro transactions" is World of Warcraft, which honestly has incredibly small amounts of buyable items, most of them revolving around getting a new character boosted to near max level for the current xpack, race/faction changes, and realm changes.

There are no transactions to make you better once you hit max level, which is where the core game is. Skipping leveling is just convenience, and isn't exactly time consuming to the point of forcing you to buy a boost.

If they wanted a huge micro-transaction guy, they went with a horrible resume for it.
Exactly....Blizzard in World of Warcraft (WoW) sells services as you mentioned. They also provide a selection of about 20 mounts and pets that can be purchased. Those would be cosmetics.

Blizzard and WoW have spent a long time dealing with gold farmers and sellers. These are big issues within the game. Having someone who is familiar with these problems could be a benefit for EA/Tib as they move forward. MUT already suffers from farming tactics which undermine not just revenue potential, but most importantly, the integrity of the game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #62
Pro

I'll take a wait and see approach, but my initial reaction is I don't see how his background benefits cfm. Seems more geared toward ONLINE play.

If memory serves me, didn't they bring a guy in a couple years ago that had a similar background? I think we ended up with Draft Champions (and a cfm that was a mess).

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #63
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's the same guy who wrote the article:/

So Vlad Guerrero didn't even get hired?....
Old 05-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #64
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf

I think you've missed the bigger picture here. You're correct that he's not "specifically" a micro transaction guy but his skill set of defining W/L actions in a game lends itself more to the idea that you can buy a win or buy leverage.

Essentially he'll lay the frame work for the house. He won't create the transaction platform but he'll create a world that can more easily be capitalize on it. There's no question that RPG elements within a game clearly plays into the micro transaction world.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »