Home

Possible leak on EA Play press memo for Madden 19

This is a discussion on Possible leak on EA Play press memo for Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #41
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Possible leak on EA Play press memo for Madden 19

i am curious here. Numerous people seem to think Longshot 2.0 will be out by next year. Didnt they say it took like 3 years to make the short Longshot in madden 18? How could they turn that out in less than a year. I mean we all know very well about their extremely short dev cycle and how little can be done in a years time....

But i call fake as well, for the punter interface as being a top 3 thing they have to talk about, as well as qb animations but not 1 mention of gameplay( outside those two things).

and the BF 1945 when they just announced yesterday its BF V .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #42
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

With how "minor" Punting and arm animations sound, I really hopes that mean they put in damn near every resource into franchise mode.

I just fear that they crossbred franchise mode and longshot and we are stuck with a "play along" franchise mode
Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Agree FM needs a good shot in the arm, but if they didn't put any resources into game play, and all the chips in FM, I will post a Game Play thread every week. lol
Old 05-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #44
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

i hope this is fake but show us Franchise Mode trailer is awesome.. please don't show us Longshot 2.0 trailer. i don't give a crap about story mode.. Why does Sport games need story mode ? that's nonsense
Old 05-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #45
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i am curious here. Numerous people seem to think Longshot 2.0 will be out by next year. Didnt they say it took like 3 years to make the short Longshot in madden 18? How could they turn that out in less than a year. I mean we all know very well about their extremely short dev cycle and how little can be done in a years time....

But i call fake as well, for the punter interface as being a top 3 thing they have to talk about, as well as qb animations but not 1 mention of gameplay( outside those two things).

and the BF 1945 when they just announced yesterday its BF V .
I know nothing about programming or game development so this is just me pulling a theory out of my ***, but it may have taken them three years to make Longshot but that could have included laying the framework for future additions to be added without taking three years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #46
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I know nothing about programming or game development so this is just me pulling a theory out of my ***, but it may have taken them three years to make Longshot but that could have included laying the framework for future additions to be added without taking three years
More or less how it works.

Remember that in order to make Longshot work, Tiburon had to get Madden working in Frostbite. I imagine that that transition was a great deal of the technical heavy lifting, and that work was a one-time effort.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #47
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
More or less how it works.

Remember that in order to make Longshot work, Tiburon had to get Madden working in Frostbite. I imagine that that transition was a great deal of the technical heavy lifting, and that work was a one-time effort.
^^Exactly...The preparation and setup is the major time consumer.

I am sure there was more to Longshot they could have put in for M18 but wanted to polish more.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #48

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat

Well the predominant thought all along has been that during that three year period they were also working on much more than just part one.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »