Home

Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #129
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Interesting. So no more XP all together or some kind of hybrid? Simply getting rid of XP would be a win in my book.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Progression is still based on XP. It sounds to me like the player archetypes might impact your ability to progress certain attributes though, so it might be nearly impossible to make a power back faster/more elusive for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #130
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Being Optimistic, i think Positional Archetypes and schemes can be a good add if it isn't just a window dressing or what we have so far. The main thing is if Computer AI uses the logic. What determines the scheme? Hopefully it is the coaches and that teams will build their rosters to fit scheme.
But it all determines on if there is logic added, if not then it will be the same as we had
Old 05-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #131
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Being Optimistic, i think Positional Archetypes and schemes can be a good add if it isn't just a window dressing or what we have so far. The main thing is if Computer AI uses the logic. What determines the scheme? Hopefully it is the coaches and that teams will build their rosters to fit scheme.
But it all determines on if there is logic added, if not then it will be the same as we had
But werent these things already in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #132
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Yes exactly.
I want to know what the difference in Positional Archetype and what we have now. Like whats will change from 3-4 DE to now. Unless they finally add logic to it.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #133
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I think so but then again we're constantly fed stuff that is/was there at some point but either not fully implemented properly or briefly worked decently but regressed. It's mind numbing. I kinda thought player running styles were supposed to be in the game to some degree as well based on what was touted for either '17 or '18.Can't remember.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #134
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This years version is a wait and see for me. I want to see the new franchise info....then see how it plays through some trusted members here. I am no doubt holding out for a long time before I even think about purchasing this game.

CPU AI is critical to me. If it is the same...then the game is the same for me. I only play offline in Madden.

They can redo Franchise....but the AI...it is all about that!!! If Gameplay is stale vs the CPU then what is the difference?
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
The Outer Worlds
No Mans Sky

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #135
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I think so but then again we're constantly fed stuff that is/was there at some point but either not fully implemented properly or briefly worked decently but regressed. It's mind numbing. I kinda thought player running styles were supposed to be in the game to some degree as well based on what was touted for either '17 or '18.Can't remember.
Thats one of Madden's main problems. They implement new features, then put it on backburner and don't improve it or wait few years and tout it as a new feature. I feel traits could have a big addition to gameplay if it was actually improved and added on to. I think they added a couple traits the second year and nothing else. With more traits, it would make players play different and more life like.
Like a RB could've had a "Bounce Outside" Trait. Where if it was Often, that RB will try to bounce outside and look for the big play. Or if it was Never, he would follow the play design and get as much yards as he can. Or a DB can have a "Jump Route" trait, where Often, would result in my Ints or big plays given up. Never, would result in less big plays given up.
The problem is Ratings shouldn't be the only deciding factor on how the game plays. Because whats the true difference in an 88 OVR vs. 80 OVR players. More traits would have made players play like them selves

Last edited by illwill10; 05-27-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #136
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm pretty much strictly an old school offline franchise player. I didn't even finish one season this year. I just got bored. Every game felt the same. I'll need to see some impressions before I'll consider getting 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »