Home

Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Drop that Longshot garbage and new "innovations" like the control passing that NOBODY used and fix GAMEPLAY! This "find the hole sounds like the *"get skinny" thing that never worked, just ran into linemen then fell down.Bring back *HITS and better tackling, not just guys bumping into each other then everyone falls.I know the NFL doesn't want the game violent for the kiddies but all the shooters out there are just fine I guess??? We want a Madden we can love and be excited for that feels good playing.STILL WATING!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #138
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed

It's all about Offline Franchise Mode for me. Looking to see if they've added depth to CFM beyond edit Draft Classes.

46 Man Game Day Roster

Improving the injury system, as in away from the ball injuries were a late addition last year. Hopefully they finished and cleaned things up. Adding more types of injuries to varying degrees.

More in-depth Audio Presentation...Ö.distinction between Pre-Season, Regular Season, Post Season

Adding Players Post Season Stats.....Records in the Post Season for QB's

Draft Presentation!!! Cleaning up the ability to trade during the Draft. When a trade is made, hopefully a pop-up during Draft showing who and what was traded.

Drafted Players names being mentioned while games being played during season. The Stars of the future in Franchise mode.

Players having some depth as to personalities and how that factors into re-signing or want to test the market.

Just some of the Franchise stuff I'm interested on seeing if it's finally been added.

Gameplay always at the forefront, but enough is enough, time for Franchise mode depth to get a lot of attention. That was the talk last year.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #139
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This years version is a wait and see for me. I want to see the new franchise info....then see how it plays through some trusted members here. I am no doubt holding out for a long time before I even think about purchasing this game.

CPU AI is critical to me. If it is the same...then the game is the same for me. I only play offline in Madden.

They can redo Franchise....but the AI...it is all about that!!! If Gameplay is stale vs the CPU then what is the difference?
Exactly where I'm at armor.

I need franchise to feel like I'm part of a living league. Right now every game feels the same; there is no difference between playing the Patriots vs the Browns for example. The outcomes may be different, but the feel is the same.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #140
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Hopefully RPM means they revamped the running styles. No more hitch steps when they're running down the field.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #141
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 19 Features Revealed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I'm a bit disappointed by the player 'positional' archetypes.

I know more info is forthcoming but I've been calling for players to have unique personality traits that govern their actions and reactions to everything on and off the field...a Marcus Peters vs a Marcus Mariota type of spectrum..and then to possibly see those traits shift/change as the player matures and navigates his career.

Perhaps that's asking too much for now but when I saw the headline, I thought they'd laid the groundwork for it. Maybe they have? I guess we will see...
This alone would bring in desperately needed immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #142
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
This years version is a wait and see for me. I want to see the new franchise info....then see how it plays through some trusted members here. I am no doubt holding out for a long time before I even think about purchasing this game.

CPU AI is critical to me. If it is the same...then the game is the same for me. I only play offline in Madden.

They can redo Franchise....but the AI...it is all about that!!! If Gameplay is stale vs the CPU then what is the difference?
Agree
I want to buy Madden day 1. I was set on buying Madden day 1 last year until I heard no changes to CFM and focus was Frostbite, Longshot, and MUT. I understand they need to implement new modes and work on money making modes to give casual consumers a reason to buy. But they need to work on core modes and gameplay.
I rather them focus on core modes and gameplay first, then they can work on casual needs
Old 05-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #143
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
It's all about Offline Franchise Mode for me. Looking to see if they've added depth to CFM beyond edit Draft Classes.

46 Man Game Day Roster

Improving the injury system, as in away from the ball injuries were a late addition last year. Hopefully they finished and cleaned things up. Adding more types of injuries to varying degrees.

More in-depth Audio Presentation...Ö.distinction between Pre-Season, Regular Season, Post Season

Adding Players Post Season Stats.....Records in the Post Season for QB's

Draft Presentation!!! Cleaning up the ability to trade during the Draft. When a trade is made, hopefully a pop-up during Draft showing who and what was traded.

Drafted Players names being mentioned while games being played during season. The Stars of the future in Franchise mode.

Players having some depth as to personalities and how that factors into re-signing or want to test the market.

Just some of the Franchise stuff I'm interested on seeing if it's finally been added.

Gameplay always at the forefront, but enough is enough, time for Franchise mode depth to get a lot of attention. That was the talk last year.

This

Especially the 1st two points ... maybe it's just me ..but to my way of thinking the impact of having a proper injury system in CFM ( with minor injuries that pple play through ,multiple injuries ,PUP and inactive lists etc etc) is thoroughly undervalued even in the *SIM community *

Beyond that gameplay and immersive presentation trump all

Scouting really shouldn't be something at all in my mind...all nfl teams can get any amount of data they require with minimal effort...it's more a matter of how that data is viewed and interpreted that separates teams not what data they can acquire

I'd welcome more player personality types but I fear it's difficult to square with NFL/NFLPA licensing as no matter how you word it ..it inevitably requires some players being portrayed in a negative light and probably falls into the category ( along with hold outs and suspensions) of things we can only pine wistfully for returning in any real sense
Old 05-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #144
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I am also one who likes to play Madden and I throughly enjoyed 16 and 17 to a lesser degree. 18.....well letís just say now I feel it was the best version they produced since the PS2 days. But it took forever to get it right with patches.

I am luke warm right now.....I want to really see the Archetypes in action and see if they talk about CPU AI being really worked on. Otherwise it will basically be the same game experience for me. Even if this so called new player motion system is cool.....if it is still the same old CPU AI I am playing against....it is the same game.
That's how I feel too, I'm not going to even consider buying it without improved CPU AI. If it's the same old CPU AI with all the new features, I'd rather just pick up where I left off in my CFM from 18 if I get the urge to play football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »