Home

Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 05:04 AM   #57
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i have no idea why so many people want this, especially with no NCAA import as a base. And what are people not on twitter sposed to vote on

anyhoo, can we get things that are in the game working completely please? formation subs working for custom playbooks on all plays inc ST. Offering all ST plays with a custom PB. Not having to keep a button pressed on defenc when playing coach mode so you actually have 11 players actually playing.
Because we can put actual college players in our franchise mode games with this.

But I'm doubting it is what they are calling it based on the quote in my last post.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
THIS makes me VERY nervous:

"NFL fans will also have a top community-requested feature with the introduction of Custom Draft Class Creator where fans can create their own draft classes featuring players from the past and present for use in Franchise."
Does that mean we don't actually get to edit the classes, but can just add past or present players?
Yeah good point. The wording there is strange. People didn’t want that ****, they wanted to make real life college draft classes, not put some generic looking player with the name Terrell Owens in the game as a rookie...
Old 05-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
They still have to get the individual schools and CDC to agree to a deal, and a lot of those schools are likely still afraid of lawsuits after what happened before. Even if their fears are baseless and they go with fully generic players (no likeness issues) there are still probably a lot of university higher-ups that would just rather not deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
They should do something similar to what Super Mega Baseball has done but with roster sharing. Just call the game college football with no names or conferences and focus on the gameplay. Allow total customization and you arrive at the same place.

It is remarkable what people have designed in Super Mega Baseball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #60
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
THIS makes me VERY nervous:

"NFL fans will also have a top community-requested feature with the introduction of Custom Draft Class Creator where fans can create their own draft classes featuring players from the past and present for use in Franchise."
Does that mean we don't actually get to edit the classes, but can just add past or present players?
I'm guessing they worded it this way to avoid NCAA licensing backlash. Wouldn't worry too much, I can't imagine they'd add this feature in and it not be a real full class editor.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #61
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Hopefully there will be a way for people to share these classes and we can upload them & use them as I'm not expert in doing things like this so hopefully it can be done

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #62
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i have no idea why so many people want this, especially with no NCAA import as a base. And what are people not on twitter sposed to vote on

anyhoo, can we get things that are in the game working completely please? formation subs working for custom playbooks on all plays inc ST. Offering all ST plays with a custom PB. Not having to keep a button pressed on defenc when playing coach mode so you actually have 11 players actually playing.
Here’s the thing: NCAA import was about useless when it came to balance.

The biggest thing for me with custom draft classes is balance. The generated classes always have some questionable ratings and sometimes not enough busts. I think this takes things to a new level in that regard if it works properly and allows us to edit generated classes as well as make actual whole classes.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Here’s the thing: NCAA import was about useless when it came to balance.

The biggest thing for me with custom draft classes is balance. The generated classes always have some questionable ratings and sometimes not enough busts. I think this takes things to a new level in that regard if it works properly and allows us to edit generated classes as well as make actual whole classes.

Ratings and appearances were pretty much randomize in NCAA imports.
For this to work, it can't be simply implemented. There has to be logic. What will determine how high or low players are ranked. I wouldn't want all the gems to be slotted together and not busts to be slotted together.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #64
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Hopefully there will be a way for people to share these classes and we can upload them & use them as I'm not expert in doing things like this so hopefully it can be done

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
If you read the OP it states that the draft classes are sharable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »