Home

More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

This is a discussion on More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #41
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I cant reveal my sources but I have built up a couple over the years.

I can confirm his legitimacy, he does interviews with the devs each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #42
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

Quote:
My understanding is momentum is definitely at play this year. Defensively a player straffing left wont be able to quickly get back to the right with no speed loss like we currently see. You can change direction but there is the deceleration then re acceleration youd expect which stops the one man LB defense taking away the whole middle of the field.
Hopefully RPM by its very nature makes changing this back an impossible task, so that if people are crying on their controller at EA Play it can't be undone. The overwhelming majority of Users will have to totally learn how to call plays and defend in a whole different way.

Competitive play will still have too many elite players at most positions to see the full affect of this, but Sim CFM leagues should really see more interesting contests.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
My understanding is momentum is definitely at play this year. Defensively a player straffing left won’t be able to quickly get back to the right with no speed loss like we currently see. You can change direction but there is the deceleration then re acceleration you’d expect which stops the one man LB defense taking away the whole middle of the field.
that'd be amazing...

the current nonsense in 18 is what makes spins so ridiculously OP.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
I cant reveal my sources but I have built up a couple over the years.

No offense meant to you, but do you also have a bridge to sell me? If I had a nickel for every time I heard this Id be retired twice over. Kind of reminds me of when Rex claimed that the ball and hands through bodies was fixed in 17. It took me exactly 1 quarter of play to see it happen yet again. When I sent it to him his response was eh, you win some you lose some. I dont believe for one second that this is fixed. In fact, Im willing to bet that the new player motion probably only works for ball carriers. Hope Im 100% wrong. Only time will tell.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #45
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
No offense meant to you, but do you also have a bridge to sell me? If I had a nickel for every time I heard this Id be retired twice over. Kind of reminds me of when Rex claimed that the ball and hands through bodies was fixed in 17. It took me exactly 1 quarter of play to see it happen yet again. When I sent it to him his response was eh, you win some you lose some. I dont believe for one second that this is fixed. In fact, Im willing to bet that the new player motion probably only works for ball carriers. Hope Im 100% wrong. Only time will tell.

Thats what Im afraid of as well. If all 22 players on the field arent using RPM, then honestly why incorporate it at all. I really hope they deliver this year but I know for sure that Im not boarding the hype train this year.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Cowboys!
Ravens!

Lakers!
Rockets!
Yankees!
Astros!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #46
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:

Lets not forget the year they added True-Step it was touted as phase one only for ball carrier....then it was never touched or built upon
Old 05-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
. In fact, Im willing to bet that the new player motion probably only works for ball carriers.
Are you actually willing to make that bet or is this all hyperbole?
Old 05-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If the system is similar to FIFA, and all FIFA players utilize RPM, then I don't see how it wouldn't work for all players in Madden, yes, even based on past history.

Maybe aholbert32 needs to chime in again to let everyone know again that if Madden uses the same RPM in UFC, we are in for a treat:

Rpm is in EA UFC and it’s legit. I’m hopeful that I will add a lot of Madden.

1. We will see when we will see. (Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc....)
B. Yes, we aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train year after year .
C. I am starting to agree with Sage, this is the fun time of the year. lol

Last edited by roadman; 05-29-2018 at 09:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »