Home

More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

This is a discussion on More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #65
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
Along with RPM, hopefully they get rid of two player animations that are tethered together, because if rpm works it won’t matter when a two player animation is triggered forcing DBs or WRs into a two player animation that should of never played out base on positioning of the players. This something I will also be looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Also with One Cut, and hit the hole hopefully they have got rid of or significantly reduced suction tackling and instant block shedding once the ball carrier hits the los. One cuts and hitting the hole would be ruined if ball carriers get sucked into canned tackle animations or if you see the hole and one cut into it only for the defensive tackle who is being blocked all of the sudden shed their block as soon as you get to the los.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Coming from someone who has constantly **** on Madden's animations, if the running and movement looks like that, I'd be pretty satisfied. Now I'm excited to see the game even more.

Hereís the issue though Sage, the reason why animations look that fluid in FIFA has a lot to do with the camera angle.

When you play FIFA from the same angle as Madden, the running animations/player interactions donít look the same.
You start to see some of the same issues thatís in Madden pop up here and there also.

For he life of me, I canít understand with all the positive feedback people talk about when playing FIFA (sure it has its issues too) predominately from these All-22 Press Box angles, why Madden has refused to at least make it an option.

I can tell you with 100% fact (from changing the camera angle myself back with NCAA 14 & Madden 15 with Xanís 360 editor) that so much is hid making animations look and feel more fluid.

Run a play in Practice Mode, then replay that play at regular speed from different side view depths and youíll see how big of a difference there is.

Even the supplied clips of UFC is from a side view, not a behind the fighter angle like Madden.

Expecting M19 to visually animate similiarly to FIFA and UFC while from a behind-player angle simply will not provide the same results.

Itís a subtle change that weíve yet to experience with football on any of these consoles.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #67
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Here’s the issue though Sage, the reason why animations look that fluid in FIFA has a lot to do with the camera angle.

When you play FIFA from the same angle as Madden, the running animations/player interactions don’t look the same.
You start to see some of the same issues that’s in Madden pop up here and there also.

For he life of me, I can’t understand with all the positive feedback people talk about when playing FIFA (sure it has its issues too) predominately from these All-22 Press Box angles, why Madden has refused to at least make it an option.

I can tell you with 100% fact (from changing the camera angle myself back with NCAA 14 & Madden 15 with Xan’s 360 editor) that so much is hid making animations look and feel more fluid.

Run a play in Practice Mode, then replay that play at regular speed from different side view depths and you’ll see how big of a difference there is.

Even the supplied clips of UFC is from a side view, not a behind the fighter angle like Madden.

Expecting M19 to visually animate similiarly to FIFA and UFC while from a behind-player angle simply will not provide the same results.

It’s a subtle change that we’ve yet to experience with football on any of these consoles.
I don't agree with this. Madden from the broadcast view gives the appearance of a more authentic familiar look, but the animations are just poor from every angle. You can look at a game like APF2k8, whether from broadcast, or behind the offense, the game animates realistically. Can't say the same for Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #68
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Views, zooms, and camera angles shouldn't matter at all just make the players have a running animation that at least resembles real life and I can be happy, a camera angle cant save Madden because their replays are always close up so then their running animations will get exposed anyway if they aren't realistic.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #69
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Here's a video with a camera angle similar to how most people play in Madden. I still say 100x better than what's currently in Madden.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #70
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I would define Madden's animations "stiff." FIFA seems to "flow" better. One key point is the flow of the player's shorts. Too many times in Madden I have had my running get hit and he will bounce around, out of control, like a pinball game. I believe these sorts of issues will be smoothed out in M19...

I do not expect miracles with animations, but I am open to be pleasantly surprised.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

Wake me up when our defenders actually pretend to know how to cover a basic slant or out route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Wake me up when our defenders actually pretend to know how to cover a basic slant or out route.
Cloud flats and hard flats can both play out routes. Zone will eventually break down if the out is in the 15-20 yard range, but you should be sending pressure in any situation where this is a possibility. Deep quarter zones can also give you a shot at stopping the deeper out routes if you have a high ZCV defender and also press your D.

Slants are a bit trickier as the best way to cover them depends on how your opponent is using them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »