Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

QB accuracy and sack rates NEED to be high in order for the game to be balanced with 5-6 min quarters. If you enjoy playing the AI it's also the only way they are even remotely competitive.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
It's not unreasonable, immature, or childish to want to have features added to the game. It is have wildly unrealistic expectations. Most of the "hardcore" sim features that are constantly clamored for here are NEVER going to be added to a game that has to sell millions of copies to casuals just to make its nut.
As someone mentioned, these "unreasonable" features you're talking about either already exist in other team sports games or existed in previous EA NFL games.

Quote:
As a simple example, and then I'll drop the topic, I've read multiple posts in this forum by people who are INCENSED that they have to use sliders to get realistic gameplay/stats for games played with 10-15 min quarters.

I'd be shocked if even 0.5% of the user base ever played even a single game with quarters that long.

compel the overwhelming majority of the user base to have to adjust the game to cater to AT MOST a few thousand people.
Where are you getting your numbers from?

I know a lot of people from social media that adjust the quarter length because just the game is so unbalanced. I would say if the game had a setting for a balanced 15 min quarter, many more would use it.

Your logic of since X doesn't work right it limits the number of Y people using it means that X isn't worth fixing while other team sports games have a working X that sells very well, is pretty flawed.

Quote:
QB accuracy and sack rates NEED to be high in order for the game to be balanced with 5-6 min quarters. If you enjoy playing the AI it's also the only way they are even remotely competitive.
The game doesn't need to be balanced at ONLY 5-6 minute quarters.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
In my opinion the game needs to be balanced to 120ish plays per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #92
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
If these are high for both teams they inevitably cancel out , lowering ( or raising) both sides evenly would have no impact on balance
Old 06-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #93
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Stats and numbers come in minutes played. Or More plays. Correct NFL game numbers should not be achieved in 5 or 6 min qtrs. I used to play at that time limit. I knew my numbers wouldn't equal the rest of the league. TD passes, yards, Tackles etc. I was just as hardcore then, but I didn't have much time to play or as often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #94
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
In my opinion the game needs to be balanced to 120ish plays per game.

This is the correct approach.

Start with snaps and back into quarter length. The sliders (default) should proportionally scale with adjustments to minutes from the quarter length in which MOST players achieve 120ish snaps. Because of the way it seems EA uses data and the number of people who play online I suspect/fear this is 5min quarters.

I personally play 8min, but I acknowledge Iím a minority. I havenít played 15 minutes since high school because I just do not have that much free time.

Thereís a variable that many are overlooking here, that the stats are influenced more by their play calling (and cpu AI) than the length of the game or sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 06-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 19

Thereís no sports game made today where I can sit and play extended long qtrs on.
Just doesnít hold my attention that long before I need to take a break from them.

Multiplayer 1st person shooters, a different story.
Can do 4+ hrs without even noticing.
Donít know why, but itís just this way for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #96
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Why not just have the options NBA 2k has with respect to sim stats. Disclaimer: they are not perfect, but could help.

Here's what I mean

Have this...

-CPU sim quarter length
-User quarter length
-Normalize stats to full 15 minute quarter based game? (yes/no)

Not perfect but gives an option to play shorter quarters and still get reasonable stats.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »