Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-27-2018, 09:54 PM   #33
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I found Carlos’s comments on previous franchise mode around the 20 minute mark very dismissive. He makes it sound like there is too many unreasonable requests for the mode and that is the big problem for the mode. In reality the mode is half baked and has no vision or core features it needs.
I'm quite curious what he finds as unreasonable requests for Franchise Mode. If you look at MyGM in NBA2K, how detailed their relocation feature is compared to how bare bone Madden's Relocation is. Does he see being able to create a stadium from scratch as unreasonable? Does he see assistant coaches and a coaching Carosuel as unreasonable when that feature was in NCAA Football?
Old 05-28-2018, 12:03 AM   #34
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I'm quite curious what he finds as unreasonable requests for Franchise Mode. If you look at MyGM in NBA2K, how detailed their relocation feature is compared to how bare bone Madden's Relocation is. Does he see being able to create a stadium from scratch as unreasonable? Does he see assistant coaches and a coaching Carosuel as unreasonable when that feature was in NCAA Football?
IMO, I don't think that it is any one feature that would be considered unreasonable, but instead the idea that because of lean years in past feature wise, or the believe that the mode is years behind the Franchise mode of other sports games, that CFM is going to get the majority of the resources in a given year where say 7 or 8 new big ticket items are added.

This is just me speculating, but Rex putting out in the public the statement that Franchise was owed a big year, is probably the the kind of thing that helped lead to his departure. People will hate what Carlos said, but he's preparing everyone for the reality of how it's going to be, which IMO will be top 3 or 4 community request for Franchise every year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:23 AM   #35
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Yeah I didn't listen that far into the interview, that's pretty discouraging to hear

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #36
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

If we can get 3 or 4 community requests into franchise each year, I will happily accept that. It's better than waiting for a franchise revamp every 4 years and getting maybe 2 things we want paired with about 5 we never asked for.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #37
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just got around to listening to this and I liked some of the things he talked about, specifically the parts about being more transparent with the community. I think transparency always goes a long way and the more open dialogue that can be had will always be better in my opinion. Seemed like a lot of the same generic speak that we've all heard before though.

It was really unfortunate to hear him so casually dismiss franchise with the "it's never enough" line and I wish he would have gone more into what he meant and why he thought it might be that way. Reminded me a lot of the "CFM is already good" comment. I know, for me personally, with the exception of last year which was a bit more understandable that there's never really been much of an issue with how much is done on a year-to-year basis, it's always been about what is done and the quality and execution of the things that are being done. You can put all the "things" you want into franchise but just because it's getting things doesn't mean that those things are inherently good or are doing much or anything to significantly push the mode forward.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

Immediately I noticed that his vision/approach is going to be different when he used the term “holistically” in referencing the gamebuild moving forward under him.

This may actually turn out to be a good thing vs trying to build for 3 different communities.

The product of football being shown on national tv in these Comp tourneys was simply an “ugly” representation of football holistically.

What I gathered from him was that above all things, when this product is on national tv, it’s at least going to play good at the core, which will lead into looking good when watched.

The #1 thing that’s the foundation of CFM is “Gameplay”.
- Get the gameplay to be great, now Player Differentiation will mean something.
- Player Differentiation adds a layer for Archtypes/Roles.
- Archtypes/Roles adds a layer for Schemes
- Schemes adds a layer for AI Coaching Logic
etc.., etc...

So if Gameplay is the foundation for achieving his overall holistic vision, Franchise gamers may actually get the bump in the mode in a round about way.

My biggest concern with him is that community interaction may be dialed back to the old days and simply replaced with blogs/write-ups.
- there’s much, much, much less interaction on Twitter with the devs now, compared to before Rex left.

The interaction with Clint has been so valuable with understanding the functionality and how they use these player ratings to achieve certain things.

The vibe I got from Carl, was that this was going away or being dialed back greatly.

We will see!!!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #39
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/b...ces&GroupKeys=

Nothing really new here, just a reiterating of what was said in the interview.

Quote:
Despite the success of NBA Live 18's The One career feature and Madden 18 being more multiplayer orientated, Graddy and Guerrero both say this year's titlesl have something for fans of all of the game's modes. "Madden 19 is a much more balanced offering for Madden where we are giving some love to all our player base," says Guerrero, "because I think that's extremely important."
Quote:
I'll tell you what is really philosophically important to me: Gameplay at the foundational level is important. Community and visibility into the community is also something that is extremely important to me, so that the community understands our direction and where we're headed."

More transparency via blogs, vlogs and statements with less public interaction may be the best way to go seeing as how so many in the community are pathologically unable to be constructive. For every Deuce, there are 20 others who bring nothing but middle schools retorts.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #40
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
@13mins I loved what he said about player movement not matching how good Madden looks. Sounds like they are finally going to give player movement & animations serious attention, I really want to see RPM in action in Madden 19.

You don't think that comment , whilst undoubtedly true , has something to do with validitating this year's major promotional feature ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »