Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2018, 11:30 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
You don't think that comment , whilst undoubtedly true , has something to do with validitating this year's major promotional feature ?
I'm confused where you're going with that. The question was what is the foundation of madden 19. Player movement was the answer. If thats the major feature they worked on for madden 19, which is at the top of everyones list.. don't you think they should promote it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 12:03 AM   #42
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

He can talk about implenting top community requests every year but the things that are added are oretty bare bones. Add something new then build on it at least. It feels like they add stuff out of spite sometimes like look what we did. We gave you what you wanted. Are you not satisfied? We're like it's cool that you added it but how about expand on it as well amd build up these features.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #43
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I'm confused where you're going with that. The question was what is the foundation of madden 19. Player movement was the answer. If thats the major feature they worked on for madden 19, which is at the top of everyones list.. don't you think they should promote it?

My post was in reply to a previous post praising his statement about player movement needing to be improved..
As we already know that this is a major focus in M19 my comment was merely suggesting it can hardly be a surprise to hear him make such comments ..it wasn't a dig at anybody or a suggestion that focus should be elsewhere

I'm merely surprised that anybody would imagine he would say anything else
Old 05-29-2018, 08:08 AM   #44
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That annoyed me.
And that is what has me believing we are in for much of the same thing we have been getting.
I hope I'm proven wrong, but this video gave me no reasons to look forward to the future of franchise mode.
The worst part is .....we right were we always are .... " Just wait " ..... I know games take time to make. But games like GTA are made in 5 -6 years...... And while i also get the sport games has a dif cycle so maybe it would take longer due to starting on one , stopping, then working on the next, there comes a point in time where one has to ask. How much longer do we have to wait?

I know , and dont expect it all done in a year, and i haven't . But since they went to CFM , where are we really at here going on 7 years later once 19 comes out ? Is it even close to the same quality as games that takes 5 years to make? Not even close. At some point hearing 3-5 more years .... feels like an eternity , especially when you think about how little was done in the past 7 already. So hard to be excited about anything he said really for me.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #45
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
The worst part is .....we right were we always are .... " Just wait " ..... I know games take time to make. But games like GTA are made in 5 -6 years...... And while i also get the sport games has a dif cycle so maybe it would take longer due to starting on one , stopping, then working on the next, there comes a point in time where one has to ask. How much longer do we have to wait?

I know , and dont expect it all done in a year, and i haven't . But since they went to CFM , where are we really at here going on 7 years later once 19 comes out ? Is it even close to the same quality as games that takes 5 years to make? Not even close. At some point hearing 3-5 more years .... feels like an eternity , especially when you think about how little was done in the past 7 already. So hard to be excited about anything he said really for me.
The fact that he said he likes Play Now over Franchise mode means either:
1. Franchise Move is trash, and even a casual football fan like himself can't get into it
2. Or the guy who is the Sr Producer of Madden does not care for team building (unless we use money in MUT), or a career mode.

When he stated "it's never enough" in regards to franchise receiving upgrades, all I could think was "if you consider Madden 18's additions to Franchise enough, I will never buy a game of Madden as long as he is in charge."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #46
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I feel him, lol. I only play "play now" in Madden. Nothing makes me want to play a franchise currently, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The fact that he said he likes Play Now over Franchise mode means either:
1. Franchise Move is trash, and even a casual football fan like himself can't get into it
2. Or the guy who is the Sr Producer of Madden does not care for team building (unless we use money in MUT), or a career mode.

When he stated "it's never enough" in regards to franchise receiving upgrades, all I could think was "if you consider Madden 18's additions to Franchise enough, I will never buy a game of Madden as long as he is in charge."

Yeah, "it's never enough" and "can't make everyone happy" is such bull****. Just give us back the Franchise/Dynasty that games like Madden 06 or NCAA Football had, you know, modes with actual DEPTH.

But it's not surprising, MUT is the money maker so they'll focus on that, which means I just won't buy Madden.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I watched most of this, before I get into it, honest question for whoever, do other game devs constantly try to drive home to gamers how hard making games are? Admittedly, Madden is the only game that I watch things like this, year over year, in an attempt to glean some reasoning as to why it is what it is, so maybe other game devs do this too, idk.

Anyway, as far as the rest of the interview, I don't put much stock in what anyone says about Madden, in relation to impacting the product. However I do look at what they say in relation to the existing culture and perspective of developing the game. The disconnect that seems to still be prominent is the lack of a NFL focus, in all aspects. Even when he spoke of "holistic", the foundation, etc, it still was in an abstract way, imo. This is what I've seen happen surrounding this game the past decade plus, the suggestion that they are trying to develop something uncharted, that there's no blueprint for, which if true, shouldn't be what they are doing, imo.

What would be great is if everyone affiliated with developing Madden, the culture and perspective were simply emulating NFL football and making that accessible with varying UI. It makes perfect sense that the UI is where the creative license should be, not the emulating NFL football. For example, the broadcast presentation or lack thereof. In the same vein of Guerrero speaking on how hard things are to get done in the game, that's all the more reason to get something like broadcast presentation as close to real life as possible and leave it alone. Not going back to "fun" it up, go "beyond" it, just deliver what the NFL currently does and supply options for those that want to tinker with it.

Would be so refreshing and logical to hear: We already have a clear blueprint for Madden, that's the NFL and many decades of football video games emulating its' aspects. What we have to do is meet the standards of those aspects set by decades of various football game titles, improve on emulating those aspects when possible and find innovative ways to make that accessible to as many gamers as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »