Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #49
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Just give us back the Franchise/Dynasty that games like Madden 06 or NCAA Football had, you know, modes with actual DEPTH.
This is the exact thought I had while watching as well. I think it would be a huge benefit to Guerrero if he would spent some of his nightly play sessions playing older versions of Madden, NCAA and 2k. Of course, I can't say that he doesn't/hasn't, but if he is only using 17 & 18 as his baseline, there's a LOT he'd be missing.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

#Adembroski

The above hastagged posters name used to be a Developer in the FM area of Madden.

He worked on the induction of CFM in Madden 13 and I thought this may or may not help with the above discussion.

We knew there was going to be a catchup period. Your impression may well be that M12's franchise mode was a better one, but under the hood it was not. It was a mess of legacy code going back to at least 1999. It was hacked to hell to the point that you couldn't remove anything for fear of destroying some basic system that kept the whole thing up and running.

M13 runs on a unified asset manager that can be easily manipulated by the designers. It has a very powerful test bed. Now, I'm gone now, so I can't say one way or another why it hasn't been used to its potential, but the potential is there. With a reasonable number of resources (most of which were devoted to Longshot this year from what I can tell), a lot could be accomplished.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #51
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
This is the exact thought I had while watching as well. I think it would be a huge benefit to Guerrero if he would spent some of his nightly play sessions playing older versions of Madden, NCAA and 2k. Of course, I can't say that he doesn't/hasn't, but if he is only using 17 & 18 as his baseline, there's a LOT he'd be missing.

Guys Iím nostalgic as the next, but those games were not that great. I spent this weekend playing HC09 and ncaa 14. Although the coaching tree was fun there were terrible parts about dynasty. In HC the amount of players who couldnít learn a play (learning under 75) was astounding. Older maddens were not that deep (speaking strictly about owner mode. Coaching was too easy)

I donít disagree that many of us (self included) will never be happy because many of our requests are (self included again) unquestionably esoteric.

I donít envy him or Rex for trying to determine a reasonable request from one that will satisfy less than 1% of the players. I couldnít do it here, on Twitter or anywhere else. We are screwed if they use CI/CD based on usage data (since many here boycott)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #52
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Guys Iím nostalgic as the next, but those games were not that great. I spent this weekend playing HC09 and ncaa 14. Although the coaching tree was fun there were terrible parts about dynasty. In HC the amount of players who couldnít learn a play (learning under 75) was astounding. Older maddens were not that deep (speaking strictly about owner mode. Coaching was too easy)

I donít disagree that many of us (self included) will never be happy because many of our requests are (self included again) unquestionably esoteric.

I donít envy him or Rex for trying to determine a reasonable request from one that will satisfy less than 1% of the players. I couldnít do it here, on Twitter or anywhere else. We are screwed if they use CI/CD based on usage data (since many here boycott)

As an offline Franchise player, I can do more in Madden 07 or Madden 12 than I can in Madden 18.

Why is it that in Madden 06 I can play a super star mode, find my teams all-time record vs rivals, relocate my team to any state, and hire assistant coaches. Yet in Madden 18 I have news stories that congratulate Rob Gronkowski on his first career touchdown reception?

Compared to NCAA 14, the amount of customization alone in that game is better than any Madden game ever.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #53
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout

Nostalgia or not you have admit back in those tears franchise was packed with features. They actaully FELT like playing NFL seasons. Ill never forget starting a game in year 2 of a franchise and missing my starting wr, check injury report, not there, figure its a bug, quit then seeing hes ďholding outĒ from the roster screen. I had to call my dad at work at the time to ask him what that meant.

Not only was fun and realistic( position battles in camp, player moral, less precise scouting, a playable senior bowl for fís sake, player personalities, playable training camps/mini games for stat boosts all in practice attire for no less) but it taught me something other than the xís and oís
Old 05-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #54
MVP

What's stopping you from having a "position battle" now by simply giving two guys reps during the preseason and then starting the guy who plays better? What difference does it make if the game acknowledges this or not? Do you think a head coach has to read the sports section of the local paper or follow Mark Schlereth's Twitter to know he has guys competing for a roster spot?

There are weekly drills (i.e. practice) which can get you XP, but these are lame. No matter what offensive or defensive concept I choose to focus on practice should be conducted with plays that are in my chosen playbook. Practice should actually assist me in preparing for my upcoming game. The random garbage plays that you run in the drills need to go.

M18 has a confidence mechanic which functions similarly to morale. Players don't get to the point of demanding trades, so I guess that could be incorporated.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
#Adembroski

The above hastagged posters name used to be a Developer in the FM area of Madden.

He worked on the induction of CFM in Madden 13 and I thought this may or may not help with the above discussion.

We knew there was going to be a catchup period. Your impression may well be that M12's franchise mode was a better one, but under the hood it was not. It was a mess of legacy code going back to at least 1999. It was hacked to hell to the point that you couldn't remove anything for fear of destroying some basic system that kept the whole thing up and running.

M13 runs on a unified asset manager that can be easily manipulated by the designers. It has a very powerful test bed. Now, I'm gone now, so I can't say one way or another why it hasn't been used to its potential, but the potential is there. With a reasonable number of resources (most of which were devoted to Longshot this year from what I can tell), a lot could be accomplished.

Sounds like a bunch of boilerplate jargon to me. If it can be so easily manipulated, why are we missing features that were in Madden 06 still?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Since Madden 13, CFM hasn't been the priority, it was gameplay that was a priority when Rex took over.

And gameplay had been in sad shape, just like CFM is in now and it looks like CFM is getting some upgrades.

#facepalms

Last edited by roadman; 05-31-2018 at 06:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »