Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-31-2018, 11:06 PM   #65
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
We shouldn't be talking about these things now. NBA 2k has literally every provision, every contract stipulation, every rule you could think of are present and working in franchise. It is nuts what they have compared to Madden.
I completely agree and I think that's what upsets so many people over something as small as a one-liner in a 30-minute interview is that every year we're fed the whole "franchise mode is deeper than ever" and now it's never enough like CFM is packed to the brim with features, depth and authenticity even though every year a lot of peoples wishlist consist of the same types of things, a lot of which that used to be in Madden. Had he said the same thing referring to gameplay or towards the competitive community people would have been at the dude's throat lol. But CFM always gets this pass like casual wants and hardcore wants are this completely black and white or oil and water type thing and that if you put in something for one side it will have absolutely no appeal to the other when that same dilemma is present when considering additions to every other facet of the game.

But the reality is that even if we shouldn't be talking about it, it's where we're at and all we can do is hope it gets better moving forward. The good thing is that if they can get on the right track, it shouldn't take long. A couple good years would go a long way. The bad thing is that people have been waiting and hoping since Madden 13 and there really hasn't been any good years in that time frame. So all we can do is wait and see, we all want Madden to be a great game. We all want CFM to be great and if this guy gets it to that point then most people aren't really going to care how long it's taken to get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 11:22 PM   #66
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Actions speak louder than words
100%. And the nature of things is had he said something akin to we know CFM hasn't been great so that's something we definitely need to look at moving forward. Sure, it might make people feel a bit better in the moment but then the inevitable response becomes we've all heard that ish before so it was really a no-win for him no matter what he said. The chances of him coming out and acknowledging that any part of the game was poor wasn't going to be high and what he said about wanting to deliver a balanced game was smart because it doesn't make anyone feel like they're going to be slighted moving forward. Like I said before, outside of that one line I liked a lot of what he said but it's 100% actions speak louder than words so only time will tell if they deliver on that or if all turns out to be lip service.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:19 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
We all want CFM to be great and if this guy gets it to that point then most people aren't really going to care how long it's taken to get there.
I care. I'm almost 60. I don't have a lot of years to waste waiting. This shallow, unrealistic franchise mode since 13 has already wasted to many of my gaming years. Add in the PS2 to PS3 fiasco and I'm pretty upset about this. I'll be dead before madden franchise is anything close to what I want it to be.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:34 AM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It wasn't the right/correct thing to say, like Deuce mentioned, to a audience that has felt since Madden 13 CFM has been underwhelming, but, it's also difficult to judge someone making a 4 word statement in a 30 minute video. ie judging someone before we know them

Time will tell if the ship keeps sailing in a positive light.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:59 AM   #69
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
But you hit the nail on the head. Actions speak louder than words, and since September of 2016, the only feature that has been added to franchise has been custom draft boards (something that did nothing for the offline community).
This remains wildly false and people really need to stop parroting this. Madden 18 also added simple season mode, franchise start points, and Play Now Live, which lets users spawn franchise saves from Play Now games based on the real-life NFL matchups. This also speaks nothing of other not-back-of-box additions and changes which were introduced last year.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted out of Madden 18 franchise mode - to be honest, as someone who wants all the roster mechanic bells and whistles I was disappointed as well - but misrepresenting how Tiburon handled franchise last year isn't the right way to vent your frustration. It very obviously wasn't ignored and as someone who played franchise in M17 and M18 extensively, M18's version is very obviously the better iteration of the mode.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:59 AM   #70
Pro

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This remains wildly false and people really need to stop parroting this. Madden 18 also added simple season mode, franchise start points, and Play Now Live, which lets users spawn franchise saves from Play Now games based on the real-life NFL matchups. This also speaks nothing of other not-back-of-box additions and changes which were introduced last year.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted out of Madden 18 franchise mode - to be honest, as someone who wants all the roster mechanic bells and whistles I was disappointed as well - but misrepresenting how Tiburon handled franchise last year isn't the right way to vent your frustration. It very obviously wasn't ignored and as someone who played franchise in M17 and M18 extensively, M18's version is very obviously the better iteration of the mode.

Okay so yeah basically nothing. Thanks for proving his point. For you to act like anything substantial has been added in the last two years is brave. Franchise start points? Play now live? Nobody is getting hyped over that and far from big features.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:01 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This remains wildly false and people really need to stop parroting this. Madden 18 also added simple season mode, franchise start points, and Play Now Live, which lets users spawn franchise saves from Play Now games based on the real-life NFL matchups.

None of those add any depth to Franchise mode. Single season is single season, not franchise. The rest you mentioned is just different ways to get into/start a franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Okay so yeah basically nothing. Thanks for proving his point. For you to act like anything substantial has been added in the last two years is brave. Franchise start points? Play now live? Nobody is getting hyped over that and far from big features.
Yeah, I thought his post was a little bizarre having nothing at all to do with franchise depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 05:04 AM   #72
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
We shouldn't be talking about these things now. NBA 2k has literally every provision, every contract stipulation, every rule you could think of are present and working in franchise. It is nuts what they have compared to Madden.
Absolutely, nba 2k is the closest thing madden has to direct competition. NBA 2k is killing it. If Madden had the same options and authenticity that 2k had in my league his comment would be much easier to swallow.

It may only be a 4 word comment but it speaks louder because most of the options people are clamoring for have already been present in other games. Why is Madden ALWAYS behind? It doesnt speak well to his awareness of the situation as Rex's "its already good" comment didnt either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »