Home

Madden 19 Coming to PC?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Coming to PC? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #33
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
We'll find out next week, but I still maintain SGO out-kicked their coverage here and zealously overreached to proclaim with no uncertainty that 19 is on PC. Even if it ends up being right, their coverage is wrong, including this image they created https://twitter.com/SportsGamersOn/s...12789736878081

Sure would like for them to be right, but the crickets since are deafening.
They've done similar things with NCAA Football and hyping up that IMV game. I get so many comments on my NCAA Football doc saying NCAA Football is coming back. Even people who are friends with the guy who runs SGO admit that they overhype for clicks, but they say that's what you gotta do in that business. I'm not a fan of it, but I can't say that it isn't successful. People want to believe and SGO targets that, mainly with mock covers or overzealous headlines.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 AM   #34
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
We'll find out next week, but I still maintain SGO out-kicked their coverage here and zealously overreached to proclaim with no uncertainty that 19 is on PC. Even if it ends up being right, their coverage is wrong, including this image they created https://twitter.com/SportsGamersOn/s...12789736878081

Sure would like for them to be right, but the crickets since are deafening.
They double tripled and quadrupled down in the comments on their video.

Even if they're wrong it won't hurt them much. They got a ton of traffic because of the PC claim and will get more if they are wrong. So they kinda win either way.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:54 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=reverend_heat;2049366730]SGO has an article claiming the same thing, in the past this was always screwed up because some site would list it accidentally as PC along with PS4 and XBOX, this looks like official EA announcement. God I hope so, the modding, please be true

That's great. I can't wait playing this on PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

If this was for clickbait then shame on that site...really despicable.

Having said that. Frosty editor is improving. The guys over at soccergaming and moddingway have released a fifa file explorer too. I'd hazard a guess that mods will be based on replacing textures and not adding anything.

That being said there are enough uniforms/cleats to change things around even in M17. Roster editors are great too.

Cross all your fingers and let's see. Only a day away now but if this is true then with Forza horizon 4 on play anywhere my Xbox is going to be traded in.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

If this happens, I may buy a gaming PC the next day. 3 of my favorite sports games will be on PC and nothing beats being able to mod the game.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If this happens, I may buy a gaming PC the next day. 3 of my favorite sports games will be on PC and nothing beats being able to mod the game.
...IF people in the community figure out how to mod the game. It's not as easy as it once was. Real modding on EA games on PC ended with FIFA 16. NBA2K is the only really thoroughly moddable game. That and PES. But at least rosters should be easier to play with and share.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
...IF people in the community figure out how to mod the game. It's not as easy as it once was. Real modding on EA games on PC ended with FIFA 16. NBA2K is the only really thoroughly moddable game. That and PES. But at least rosters should be easier to play with and share.
Really? I was just on Modding way and I saw mods for shoes, uniforms and faces for Fifa 18. I'd be cool with mods that let us change things like shoes, gloves, broadcast overlays etc.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

EA is not producing Madden on PC. It was never planned, and it is not happening.

Thread should be closed to avoid confusion and rumor-mongering.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »