Home

Madden 19 Coming to PC?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Coming to PC? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #41
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

As I said, frosty editor allows you to replace but not add. This is fine...arguably What we need is more than the simple bump reflex and image and allow for mesh changes. Not so much a problem with uniforms as they are the same shape. But boots/cleats may look odd. Database changes would allow for legend teams but the downside is I don't think cyber faces will work in frosty editor. Then again it's a face under a helmet...so how much would people care beyond uniforms, cleats and rosters?
cleverley1986 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #42
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,974
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverley1986
As I said, frosty editor allows you to replace but not add. This is fine...arguably What we need is more than the simple bump reflex and image and allow for mesh changes. Not so much a problem with uniforms as they are the same shape. But boots/cleats may look odd. Database changes would allow for legend teams but the downside is I don't think cyber faces will work in frosty editor. Then again it's a face under a helmet...so how much would people care beyond uniforms, cleats and rosters?
The public? Not alot.

The hardcore fans like me? Alot. I havent played Sports on a PC in forever but way back in the 2000's I could do the following on NBA Live:

Replaced adboards and advertisements in stadiums.
Edit the looks of fans and sidelines.
Edit the in game music. Music that plays between plays.
Edit cleats.
Edit Uniforms (great for when EA gets a color slightly wrong or to replace a old uni with a new one).
Edit overlays, scoreboards and wipes (Imagine a Fox or ESPN overlay in Madden).
Edit Faces.

If I can do 3/4 of those things, I'm happy.
aholbert32 is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #43
Rookie
 
KTBFFH's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2015
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The public? Not alot.

The hardcore fans like me? Alot. I havent played Sports on a PC in forever but way back in the 2000's I could do the following on NBA Live:

Replaced adboards and advertisements in stadiums.
Edit the looks of fans and sidelines.
Edit the in game music. Music that plays between plays.
Edit cleats.
Edit Uniforms (great for when EA gets a color slightly wrong or to replace a old uni with a new one).
Edit overlays, scoreboards and wipes (Imagine a Fox or ESPN overlay in Madden).
Edit Faces.

If I can do 3/4 of those things, I'm happy.
Adboards and in stadium ads: Not likely. The adboards in FIFA can be changed, however they are their own standalone art assets. The ads in Madden seem to be built into the stadium art as flat textures.

Edit fans and sidelines: Likely. Expect the fans to look better this year anyway, if judging by the changes FIFA made on frostbite year 2 is any indication.

Edit in game music: Maybe? Can’t recall ever seeing a mod for this even on legacy FIFA.

Edit cleats: Likely

Edit Uniforms: Likely

Edit overlays: Likely

Edit faces: Likely for those players who already have a “starhead” type scan.

The above are generally what we are seeing as mods now on FIFA 18, if and when they work. When a patch is released, the mods break. To get the mods to work in the first place, you have to use Frosty Mod Manager and have an encryption key. The mod manager is still in pre-release so updates to the mod manager cause it to not launch the game, etc.

I am sure that modding for frostbite games will get better over time, but it has been a long grind so far, and there is not much light at the end of the tunnel. So I wouldn’t expect a total conversion mod that would make NCAA 19 or anything like that.
__________________
Carefree
KTBFFH is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #44
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Adboards and in stadium ads: Not likely. The adboards in FIFA can be changed, however they are their own standalone art assets. The ads in Madden seem to be built into the stadium art as flat textures.

Edit fans and sidelines: Likely. Expect the fans to look better this year anyway, if judging by the changes FIFA made on frostbite year 2 is any indication.

Edit in game music: Maybe? Can’t recall ever seeing a mod for this even on legacy FIFA.

Edit cleats: Likely

Edit Uniforms: Likely

Edit overlays: Likely

Edit faces: Likely for those players who already have a “starhead” type scan.

The above are generally what we are seeing as mods now on FIFA 18, if and when they work. When a patch is released, the mods break. To get the mods to work in the first place, you have to use Frosty Mod Manager and have an encryption key. The mod manager is still in pre-release so updates to the mod manager cause it to not launch the game, etc.

I am sure that modding for frostbite games will get better over time, but it has been a long grind so far, and there is not much light at the end of the tunnel. So I wouldn’t expect a total conversion mod that would make NCAA 19 or anything like that.
Good overview
cleverley1986 is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #45
All Star
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Are you guys talking about the changes that can be made to Fifa on PC? Because Madden is not being released on the PC.

C
capa is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #46
Strategy Over Skills
 
TheBleedingRed21's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,686
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Are you guys talking about the changes that can be made to Fifa on PC? Because Madden is not being released on the PC.

C
It’s not confirmed either way as of right now.
__________________
PSN: TheBleedingRed21
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/TheBleedingRED21_OS
TheBleedingRed21 is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Like I said before, if this were to actually release on PC it would increase my chances to buy the game at some point. My favorite sports are baseball, football, and hockey. I don't really care for the NBA a whole lot, but I watch it here and there. I watch every Braves, Redskins, Hurricanes, and Preds game I can. That is how much I love those sports and my favorite teams in them. I pull for the Pistons, but I'd be lying if I said I really followed them even remotely close to how I follow my other teams.


That being said, I just bought NBA 2k18 on PC. I didn't buy The Show this year, I haven't bought Madden in years, I buy NHL either every other year or every 2 years.



I bought NBA because it was on PC which is very convenient for me. The modding changes the game tenfold and their single-player gameplay and modes is still top of the line for major sports games at the moment. If the game hadn't been on PC I would not have bought the PS4 version. They gained a sale by just being on the PC. Same exact thing happened with my buddy I play games with all of the time. He bought it last night when it went on sale on Steam.


If Madden, NHL, and even The Show somehow made their way to the PC more people like me would buy them. Now how many? I don't know. It might not be enough to offset the costs from working to port it over and get it stable, but I do believe sales would go up a bit. So, if Madden is indeed returning to the PC, EA may have gotten a potential buyer back into the game.
__________________
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”


― Plato
canes21 is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #48
All Star
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It’s not confirmed either way as of right now.
I guess I don't understand. There is no indication anywhere on EA's website that the game is being made for the PC. Only Xbox, PS and mobile app. The game is not coming out for PC.

C
capa is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Top -