Home

Madden 19 Coming to PC?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Coming to PC? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

I wouldn't bank on it coming to PC. When I talked to Rex last year he seemed to insinuate it's something they could potentially consider again in the future but wasn't in their immediate plans.

You never know obviously with the change over, but my feeling is it's probably a really low chance.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #50
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I guess I don't understand. There is no indication anywhere on EA's website that the game is being made for the PC. Only Xbox, PS and mobile app. The game is not coming out for PC.

C
There was an ad that listed the game for PC. It was probably a mistake, and EA corrected it on their site. Some speculate that it may be an E3 announcement.

I doubt it comes to the PC. I gave up gaming on my PC about 15 years ago. I doubt I ever go back.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 06-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #51
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

It seems like obvious click bait to me. The comments on the youtube video read like hype - there is no reason to be that overly confident unless you're trying to generate hype, and don't actually care about being wrong.

I don't understand the psychology of why people do this but it seems like more than just trying to get clicks to me - I get that reputation and accountability are so low valued in today's online media and there's basically no repercussions for losing and abusing either one, but this sort of rumor mongering seems to give those that do it some sort of temporary high due to the attention it brings, even if it is pretty niche and isolated - the SGO tweet has 5 RTs and 11 likes, so it can't be for the volume. Maybe they're just rolling the dice in the unlikely event it is coming to PC, and will cash in on the lucky guess and frame it as insider knowledge, knowing that when it is wrong, people will forget and move on - they can always just apologize and blame a bad source.

For some reason, it reminds me of this kid I grew up with who would constantly lie about having early access to NBA games, and for some reason he'd also keep claiming there was secret glass shattering animations. Some people just love to their core, to believe and push rumors and myths. I feel like we all grew up with people like this.

Also the PC = modding equation isn't that simple. It is possible for PC games today to be locked down pretty heavily and I'd assume EA would be all over that.

Last edited by Nza; 06-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Agreed.

Madden 19 is not coming to PC.

Thread should be closed...too much confusion. Some people think because there is a thread it is true. It's not.

C
Old 06-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

No one is confused except for you, capa. The thread reads clearly and most already know the chances are slim, but until it's confirmed it doesn't hurt to talk about the effects of Madden going to PC and what it could mean for the franchise.

― Plato
Old 06-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #54
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
I just saw that FIFA 18 has a switch version. Man if Madden would have a switch version that would be AMAZING. I would love being able to take my franchise on the go. Why isn’t this a thing

Would mean they would have to use resources to get it to Switch. At the end of the day it would be cost of resources vs how much the game would actually sell. I am sure they are worried with Fifa not doing all that well on Switch. At least Fifa is giving it another run and hopefully sales increase to show EA there is sports fans with the Switch. I am with you on that, but it is tougher for them to do it for Switch than it was for a simple port to Vita. I now own a Switch and would love it for the same reason. In that same breath I wish they never stopped making it for Vita either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
No one is confused except for you, capa. The thread reads clearly and most already know the chances are slim, but until it's confirmed it doesn't hurt to talk about the effects of Madden going to PC and what it could mean for the franchise.
Oh I am not confused at all. The people who keep talking about it coming to the PC, and the possibilities of modding the game on the PC are the confused ones. It is not being released for the PC.

Listen...I get it. People have been hoping for a PC version since 2008. And every once in a while someone posts that the game is being released for PC "this year". The truth is it is not and there are no plans to do so.

I don't know why this is so hard for all to understand. I also don't know why the thread is open still. It would be like creating a thread for Madden Hologram football which is coming out later this year. That would be shut down in a heartbeat. Why? The game does not exist and the PC version also does not exist for 2019.

Maybe if the thread was "What would you like to see in a PC version of Madden in the future?" that would be different. That is a legit thread with responses that might make sense. But this thread has been all about the 2019 release coming to PC...and it is not.

Whatever...believe whatever you want...and if the post gets me banned so be it. Just seems silly to keep perpetuating something that clearly is not happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

We'll just leave it at that. I don't believe you see what we're saying exactly and are assuming what we believe, but it is what it is. No need for you to constantly posting about the need for the thread to close. Once it is likely confirmed there is no PC version this thread will be dealt with if it isn't dead by then. Those of us who'd like a PC version or to at least discuss what a PC version would bring can continue to post in here, but there is no need for you to constantly say the thread needs to be closed because you are misjudging what the thread is for.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »