Home

How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

This is a discussion on How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-30-2018, 01:18 AM   #41
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

Franchise mode will never take big strides as long as they continue to keep the XP system.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Archetypes are useless if there are no animations to illustrate the differences between them.

Maybe capping ratings can create the desired outcome without an animation overhall, but using the previous example of LeGarrett Blount, I doubt they want to deflate player ratings unnecessarily by nuking individual attributes to effectively create visual differences between archetypes/signature styles.

Leave the ratings as they are and change/innovate your player-interaction animations. For example a spin move is actually a contact initiated move in real life (maybe I’m old school). Blunt is great at spinning off a hit. Some players are so agile they change direction in a way that appears to be a spin. Madden has this “spin” animation (I would actually define it as a cutback, but whatever), they would just need to tie in different rating requirements to actually make it trigger. X rating in spin + X rating in agility + X rating in elusiveness.

Maybe they already do that.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #43
Rookie

Welp.....before I get "under the hood" with you guys and speculate what this new Archetype System means for Franchise Mode, let me ask you this:

Just how many coined Archetypes are there in Football?

How many at each position?

Can you label them all?

Sure, some might be subjective, but how many?
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #44
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The system can be really good, of course, if done well. Archetypes will hopefully allow for better CPU draft and trade logic.

I would hope that a CPU team with a particular archetype and scheme will call plays accordingly, so hopefully we will see play calling that matches the team's scheme and strengths.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:19 AM   #45
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Idk I guess I see that people who want in depth franchise are just a dying breed and we will probably never get realistic progression or a challenging franchise. It will probably be geared to the 32 man CFMs where everyone just stat whores their players so they can make them better. That's the feeling I've got at least

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Idk I guess I see that people who want in depth franchise are just a dying breed and we will probably never get realistic progression or a challenging franchise. It will probably be geared to the 32 man CFMs where everyone just stat whores their players so they can make them better. That's the feeling I've got at least

This is the Primary reason why XP System is just a steaming pile of feces, IMO.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #47
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I hate to jump the gun and I maybe a little off subject with this but with the next set of consoles coming out in the next couple of years I wonder if the things they are implementing in this game will be continued to those consoles or will it be a whole new concept, I am hoping for the features of todays games will just be continued and improved upon.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #48
Pro

briz1046's Arena

As far as the progression system goes, I don't think that EA is ever going to go back to any system that greatly reduces User Agency(actually playing games) in terms of developing one's players.[/quote]

1) totally removing stat based progression isn't necessary but currently it's basically the only option...why not add training camps OTAs etc as additional methods and give the user the tools to weight the impact of each according to their own preference ?

2a) stat based systems almost inevitably lead some users towards a focus on stat padding during gameplay which IMO long term detracts from user immersion and enjoyment as it deflects focus from the bigger concept of why your playing the game

2b) those people who do gain serious enjoyment from building a team of *99s* are probably already more inclined towards that other mode that shall not be named ..where they will be greeted with open arms and lecherous eyeing of their wallets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »